PDA

View Full Version : Spring shed..

Schnee
March 20th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I guess it's normal, but this shedding is driving me a bit crazy and a bit paranoid... What if all the hair fall out!:eek: Not to mention cleaning out the brush, and the drain when I wash my hair... blech... Normally I hardly shed hairs at all, but I remember having a bad shed this time last year.

Well, on the positive side, unlike my cat I don't have to shave it off due to felting....

zift
March 20th, 2008, 12:18 PM
No you don't have to shave it off tehe:D
Yes I've heard lots of people having spring sheds and since you had one last spring and still have a gazillion hairs on your head you probably won't go bald now Schnee. And believe me you have enough hair for three heads, just relax OK?:)

Feisty Redhead
March 20th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Relax - it'll be over soon enough. The past couple of weeks I'd been shedding like mad but it's slowing down now so all is well. Try not to think about it too much! :)

Schnee
March 20th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Thank you for your reassuring words!:) I guess it will stop, but I just washed my hair and it was rather depressing to see all that hair coming off. I am not used to that! And now I wonder when did I get so paranoid about my hair? :o

madisonclare
March 20th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I've had that problem too lately. It has been driving my husband crazy and my length is only BSL. I wonder what he'll do when my hair's waist length. ;) he he.

Carina
March 20th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I understand you completly when it comes to shedding.For me it started with a normal sheddigphase but it didn't stop .Instead my post partum shedding took over and it took about five months for it to pass.My hair was so thin after all the shedding and I was so close to cut it all of.But I'm so happy I didn't.I have so much new growth and my thickness is almost back again:cheese:

sweetlidlred
March 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Hmmm...I have been shedding also. I just changed shampoos and thought that may be the cause. My hair usually grows more in the summer, so maybe after the shedding ends, we will all start growing again.

naomimcc
March 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Try a sprng shed mixed with a postpartum shed...Oy...