PDA

View Full Version : Funny - first stranger reaction

lyneya
September 30th, 2008, 01:30 PM
:p I was in the cafeteria at work this morning and the guy behind the counter looked like he had a question for me...I told him he'd already taken my order and he said "I know. I was looking at your hair. Is it natural?" My first thoughts were - "Did I not do a good de-tangling job this morning??" and "Of course the color is natural---who puts white highlights in dark brown hair?" The I realized he'd seen me walk across the cafeteria and was talking about the length. Oops. I thought it was still mostly pulled through the scrunchy at my nape and there was a big old chunk hanging down my back. :P Much blushing. It's the first time anyone random ever said anything, and I've been so distracted that I always forget that I'm getting past the common "long hair" and into "really long hair" even though it doesn't feel like it to me. It's only an inch or two past my waist and still looks/feels only moderately long to me (unless it's wet). I haven't really done any S&D or micro-trimming since early last spring, so I've had a decent jump in length over the summer. I definitely need to trim one of these days. The ends are snarly from the brush I used all summer (bad I know). I actually logged in today to look for a good wooden comb source!

Jorja
September 30th, 2008, 01:44 PM
People are so funny sometimes! Be proud that you have 'stop and stare' hair! It sounds gorgeous from what you've described. My friend and I saw a young girl today with down to her bum hair (I will learn the correct terms honest) and we both went 'aww look at her lovely hair' and sighed lol.

WritingPrincess
September 30th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Congratulations on this important milestone!

heidi w.
September 30th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I like this wooden comb:

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/02971&bklist=

The Body Shop.

I think you can get it in the States. This link is to the UK....converting from UK money this would cost in US dollars, around $7...not including shipping from the UK...but again, I am pretty sure you can get this in the US.

I was introduced to this comb by Leona, who has stunningly beautiful hair!

I now own 2.

It has a nice treatment to the wood that makes it rather smooth. And because of this treatment, if your hair is damp, the wood will not be compromised. In fact, I have cleaned this comb under water, although I did dry it completely, promptly!

heidi w.

renarok
September 30th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I also have 2 body shop combs. I really like them. I had an almost bad experience with water though. It some how got very wet and warped into a pretty steep curve. I thought I'd have to toss it, but when it dried it returned to it's original shape.

lyneya
September 30th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Ooh thanks! I never would have thought of the body shop. We've lost our local retail shop (except at the airport) but I am sure I can order one. Just an excuse to shop there...I used to be addicted to their banana shampoo and conditioner back in high school!

sky
October 1st, 2008, 02:22 AM
So glad you had this nice experience!

sky

Carolyn
October 1st, 2008, 04:47 AM
I don't know where in MN you are but I think the Mall of America still has one. It's a great comb and it's not real pricey. If you get one be sure to oil it now and then.

winter_star
October 1st, 2008, 05:01 AM
Your hair sounds beautiful lyneya. Congratulation on your first real hair compliment.I have the Body Shop wooden brush which is great, i intentionally went there to buy the comb, but now I can't seem to find them anymore and i've looked everywhere. Thanks for that link heidi w.

lyneya
October 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM
I don't know where in MN you are but I think the Mall of America still has one. It's a great comb and it's not real pricey. If you get one be sure to oil it now and then.

I live about 10 mins away from the Mall of America! I could have sworn that store disappeared. Guess it shows how much I hate the mall! I only ever go there with one specific goal in mind and leave! I may have to leave the baby with the husband and zip out to the mall this weekend! Thanks!!

AmandaPanda
October 1st, 2008, 05:52 AM
The US site:

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?categoryId=cat30050&productId=prod6270013

I love this comb! I've had it for years

Angellen
October 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM
AmandaPanda beat me to it! I have one too, although when I washed mine I think some of the finish came off. It's just not as smooth anymore, so I switched to my current hairsense "bone" (bakelite) comb, which I've come to prefer.

may1em
October 1st, 2008, 01:42 PM
I also have the Body Shop comb. I like it so much that I threw away the Bass one that I got at Whole Foods.