PDA

View Full Version : Needing advice.....

QuapawNDN
September 30th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi all
I was on this board a loooong time ago, and found my way back:) Long story short, I have had long hair most of my life. Well, last year about this time I jumped on the Katie Holmes hair-do bandwagon, and CHOPPED it all. I donated it, but now I miss it like crazy! I have been taking 5000mcg of Biotin daily and have noticed pretty good growth. It is shoulder length now. What else do I need to be doing to get my waist length hair back? Is there a thread listing all supplements/products/ideas that could help? I use sulfate free 'poo and a few cones, but clarify weekly.
Thanks, and I am so glad to be back!!!:cheese:

Hypnotica
September 30th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Only advice I have: Grow your patience :)

melikai
September 30th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Welcome back Quapaw! Although I wasn't around back then ;)

Anyways, try this: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=74

There's also the Monistat thread and probably some stuff in the herbal/henna haircare section.

But yeah, besides that all you can do is wait and take care of it.

Euphony
September 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
patience young padawan :wink:

lora410
September 30th, 2008, 01:53 PM
It sucks when people tell you to be patient but alas thats what it takes.It took me 1.5 years to get from shoulder to a little past BSL. I do take MSM. Biotin, Fish oil and multi and have noticed growth like crazy, plus I make my own homemade scalp oil (its in my blog)

RavennaNight
September 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I have found patience to be effective. I did the whole Aeon Flux haircut back in 05. That and a really looooong neck made me lose my mind over patience. But it does grow. I have personally noticed a ridiculous increase in growth lately. I stopped frying, and I take 300 mcg of biotin, (not 3000 it's not a typo) my daily multi, and have recently added fish oil.

LisaJaney
September 30th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Hey Quapaw, welcome back! Quick question: did you have another username back then, or is this the same one? (racking my brain on "Quapaw" and coming up empty, but it's very late here in Germany and I'm tired today :yawn: ) If you had a different name, it's possible (even preferable) for us to merge the two accounts. The rules are that we're allowed "one account per lifetime" and so we should really get those things merged for you. Plus, your postcount would jump :eyebrows:

If you'd be so kind, please contact one of the modstaff (tlhcstaff@gmail.com) and we can get that fixed for you right away! Thanks so much,
LisaJ

Gumball
September 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Only advice I have: Grow your patience :)

I love this quote! Kudos to you! As for the post that pretty much sums it up. There are a couple of factors to take into consideration when growing, from handling to personal health. Keep both in generally good standing and then you'll just need to wait until you reach your coal. Your hair is like a tea pot in a sense. Watch the pot and it seems to take longer to boil. Don't watch it and it's whistling in no time!

TennesseeGirl
September 30th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I know how hard it is too wait for hair to grow too. My bestie cuts her hair off to her chin every stinking year and I a not kidding you by the end of that year it is almost to her waist again. Her hair has been whacked and grown like that twice and mine is so slow its just now and inch or two from BSL. I am jealous of her for sure.