PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else like the smell of oily hair?

kitana97
February 15th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Or am I the only one in which case...you heard nothing :whistle:

HintOfMint
February 15th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Not to be gross... oh hell, I'm going to be gross anyway. I like the smell of oily hair much in the way I enjoy the smell of my own farts.

... That may be one of the most horrifying things I've ever typed into the internet.

MINAKO
February 15th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Not to be gross... oh hell, I'm going to be gross anyway. I like the smell of oily hair much in the way I enjoy the smell of my own farts.

... That may be one of the most horrifying things I've ever typed into the internet.

i cant figure out if that was meant to be sarcastic or not, lol.

for me, nope nope nope. i like my hair the best when its freshly washed, not that im gonna barf if i skip wash day, but although my hair does not even get overly oily i hate the smell, god knows what other odors accumulate in there over the week and i dont like products with a strong smell either, but would use anything that works to condition it regardless of that.

Nadine <3
February 15th, 2015, 11:58 PM

:poot::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh:

Nique1202
February 16th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Well, considering that

-Every person's sense of smell is different
-Every person perceives smell differently
-Every person has different components to their sweat and sebum

It's very possible that your hair smells great when oily, or even that everyone around you has good smells to their sebum, or that your nose and brain work together to perceive the smell of oily scalps pleasant! I don't, but I don't find skunk smell to be nose-burningly awful, it's got a sharp oniony nearly-pleasant note to my nose. So, I know what you mean, it's like "IS THIS WEIRD OH MY GOSH AM I BROKEN?" when you see everyone complaining about something that just... doesn't hit your nose the same way!

pixldust
February 16th, 2015, 04:25 AM

That nearly made me spit my tea across the room! So funny, thanks for brightening up my morning!

I kind of do like the smell of my hair when it's a bit greasy, I find it sort of.....comforting? Yeah, that seems strange even as I type it :D

pixldust
February 16th, 2015, 04:28 AM
Oooopsie, double post !!

And.....re-subscribe.

NuclearApple
February 16th, 2015, 04:35 AM
Omg XD
I have very oily hair and I hate it's smell when greasy!!!
I like to spray some perfume in it when it's freshly washed, I feel like a princess afterwards :o
But if your hair smells fine even if greasy then good for you! :o
HintOfMint you made me spit pasta all over the kitchen, LOL!

lapushka
February 16th, 2015, 05:26 AM
I wouldn't say I like it. I don't dislike it either, it just means it's getting closer to wash day (pamper day). :D

woodswanderer
February 16th, 2015, 05:42 AM
I don't much like it. My mom always made a big deal about the smell being bad when I was growing up, and I still feel kinda weird about it.

Upside Down
February 16th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Hm but...how do you smell ypur oily hair? The smell of ends is not sebumy. I have only smelled others' hair when oily. I didn't like it. Still, the smell is not in the highly unplesant category (fart, poop, sweaty armpits).

rina06
February 16th, 2015, 06:47 AM
I dont think I've ever smelt oily hair. It's rare I stretch to the point when the oils run down my length, near my nose.
Now I'm curious :p

gwenalyn
February 16th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I can't smell my own hair (and I hope other people can't either ... ) but 9 times out of 10 I love the way my boyfriend's scalp smells after a few days with no shower. I like to shove my nose right into it.

Ok, I just tried rubbing my fingers into my scalp and sniffing them, and I can smell the same smell I smell on my boyfriend. Yep, I like it :)

I tend to like some kinds of BO though, so I'm a little weird and not at all hygienic by American standards.

I guess as long as people who don't want to smell it can't, then there's no problem!

JellyBene
February 16th, 2015, 10:06 AM
I'm so glad I'm not alone! Yes, I like it. It's kind of a comforting smell somehow. I've gone up to 4 months WO before and that was my favorite part. I had friends and family sniff it for me to assure me it didn't stink but it definitely had a person smell that I really liked.

TrapperCreekD
February 16th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Hmm, I'm kind of meh about it; I don't love it but I don't hate either.

kitana97
February 16th, 2015, 02:21 PM
I can't smell my own hair (and I hope other people can't either ... ) but 9 times out of 10 I love the way my boyfriend's scalp smells after a few days with no shower. I like to shove my nose right into it.

Ok, I just tried rubbing my fingers into my scalp and sniffing them, and I can smell the same smell I smell on my boyfriend. Yep, I like it :)

I tend to like some kinds of BO though, so I'm a little weird and not at all hygienic by American standards.

I guess as long as people who don't want to smell it can't, then there's no problem!

Yea, I really liked the smell of my ex-bf's hair when he would go without a wash. I think it may have something to do with pheromones? A few weeks ago I was on the bus with some guy who had really greasy hair but something about him was soo attractive. And then on the flip side I've passed next to guys with greasy hair and didn't like the way they smelt at all. Hmmm..*scratches chin*

kitana97
February 16th, 2015, 02:24 PM

Yea, I really liked the smell of my ex-bf's hair when he would go without a wash. I think it may have something to do with pheromones? A few weeks ago I was on the bus with some guy who had really greasy hair but something about him was soo attractive. And then on the flip side I've passed next to guys with greasy hair and didn't like the way they smelt at all. Hmmm..*scratches chin*