PDA

View Full Version : up do's for work

jebichan
February 15th, 2015, 07:53 AM
hey all :)
first post and im looking for some advice and wondered if you lovely people could help?
my hair is around waist / tailbone and thin ish but i have to wear it up in a hair net and under a very unattractive hat for work.
my current hair style is a partially pulled through pony (naughty cos it damages easily)
before Christmas i tried putting it in a bun but was informed that i cant use pins (i work with open food)
so does anyone have and ideas on how to style my hair cos im all out of ideas,
also has to be at the nape of my neck due to unattractive hat not fitting if its any higher
thanks in advance

Wildcat Diva
February 15th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Ugggh. The hat. This is a tough one. Maybe a braided bun, very low, oval shaped? I have used these with a couple of spin pins by goody. Those are spiraled right in the middle of your bun underneath, no one will know those are there.

jebichan
February 15th, 2015, 08:52 AM
yes hat, a very sexy trilby, does not suit me at all, didn't think of the twisted pins, will have to invest thanks.

Ferryl
February 15th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Without pins.. hmm.. maybe a low bun with a Ficcare to keep it in place?

Wildcat Diva
February 15th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Goody makes them, under $10 for two. They come in blonde and dark brown. I see them at the grocery store, drugstore pharmacy store, and big box stores. Amazon has them too.

Robot Ninja
February 15th, 2015, 09:04 AM
I don't see why pins would be an issue if you're wearing a hair net. Are you trying to use small pins that could slip out through the net? Would larger pins, such as amish pins, or those plastic Goody pins, be allowed?

jebichan
February 15th, 2015, 09:18 AM
i was using bobby pins and they were escaping, so the twisted ones would be ideal

Wildcat Diva
February 15th, 2015, 11:37 AM
And the spin pins are metal not plastic. They feel safe in my hair and do not snag it.

Anje
February 15th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Spin pins are pretty decent (I can't get them secure, but I'm in the minority). A fairly large hairpin/small hair fork like a bent knitting needle can also secure a bun really well without protruding enough to be a problem with the hairnet. Bobby pins would be problematic because you have a lot of them and might not miss one, but one or two 6-inch double-pointed needles bent into a U is enough to hold and are big enough to notice if they fell out AND somehow escaped the hair net.

Blackfire
February 15th, 2015, 11:56 PM
Why not a stick or a ficcare? I work with food (at a pizza place) and I wear a ficcare most days, sometimes a braid that I just let hang down my back, and other times a stick or fork. I also hate the hat rubbing on my scalp (I feel like it is damaging baby hairs :(...) So I wear a do-rag thing that is pretty much concealed under my work hat. It took me some time to figure out how to keep my hair up while working with food.

Creagan
February 16th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Could you try a hair fork? It's not a pin, and wouldn't stick out as much as a hair stick...