PDA

View Full Version : How to trim your wavy/curly ends (dry)

lapushka
February 14th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Found this video, thought it might come in handy for some of you! It's a very easy method (kind of like spidermom's method).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0M6nlwaSk

LongCurlyTress
February 14th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Excellent video Laushka! Have you tried this method with the dry cutting? If so, how did your hair turn out? Thanks for posting. :happydance:

Sascha888
February 14th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Found this video, thought it might come in handy for some of you! It's a very easy method (kind of like spidermom's method).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0M6nlwaSk

Has anyone with straight hair done this or hair that is a little straighter than the girl in the video? And also, I have kind of like a V-cut which I hate, does this get rid of that shape to make it evenly straight? I had thought about doing a cut like the girl in the video but wasn't sure if it would look right in the back when it was done.

meteor
February 14th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Wow! :bigeyes: It looks so.... EASY! :D
I'm kind of afraid to try, but yeah, it's just like that ponytail-under-chin method. If this is how easy it is and videos like that go viral, hairdressers will be quickly losing their clients...

gthlvrmx
February 14th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Thank you for posting this! I didn't know she had this video in her channel. I have subscribed to her channel! :)

vega
February 14th, 2015, 08:24 PM
ThanKs Lapushka I will try this probably at end of the year you truly are an Angel

spidermom
February 14th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Has anyone with straight hair done this or hair that is a little straighter than the girl in the video? And also, I have kind of like a V-cut which I hate, does this get rid of that shape to make it evenly straight? I had thought about doing a cut like the girl in the video but wasn't sure if it would look right in the back when it was done.

With my method where I part down the middle and make a ponytail of the two sides under my chin, close a book over the tail and slide it down the length, then cut straight across the bottom sticking out from the book, I get a U hem. I guess this could vary depending on your personal hair distribution. You could always try a small cut, say 1/2 inch, off the longest ends to test how it falls when you comb it back.

lapushka
February 15th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Excellent video Laushka! Have you tried this method with the dry cutting? If so, how did your hair turn out? Thanks for posting. :happydance:

Not this particular method. Just Feye's (with the two side-ponytails and cutting a bit off of that), then going to the back and cutting some more to get rid of the V that has formed due to cutting that way. We cut dry here, yes, but at the end of the week, when all my waves are nearly gone.

M.McDonough
February 15th, 2015, 09:35 AM
No trimming for me this year. But last year in November (a few months back), I got my split ender, if you know what I mean, it worked just fine. I only used it once. It's pretty much the easiest tool that could ever be used to trim your hair without freaking out and chopping off a lot of hair because I'm super obsessed with my hair....

http://happyhairjourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/spltender.jpg

LongCurlyTress
February 15th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Not this particular method. Just Feye's (with the two side-ponytails and cutting a bit off of that), then going to the back and cutting some more to get rid of the V that has formed due to cutting that way. We cut dry here, yes, but at the end of the week, when all my waves are nearly gone.

Thanks!! :cool: