PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Lullaby needs help with her tresses

mermaid lullaby
February 13th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Thank you for your help :)
For some reason, my strands stick together and my hair feels weighed down. I thought it was a build up so I used Suave naturals coconut shampoo but it didn't help much. How do I fix my sticky strands? What shampoo and conditioner should I get so I don't have to worry about this again?

I think it might be the s&c I used.

endlessly
February 13th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Are you noticing lots of tangles as well or just that the hair is sticking together? I know I've read somewhere that using too many protein treatments or products rich in protein can cause this to happen since it apparently turns the hair mushy and makes it stick together like velcro.

When I've had heavy hair like you're describing, I've normally sprayed an apple cider vinegar rinse onto my hair, left it in for a few minutes, then shampooed it out - I've used the Suave Clarifying and also the Neutrogena Anti-Residue in the past (Suave is less than $1 where I live, so that was always a go-to for a clarifying shampoo). It could also be that you're using too much conditioner and not rinsing it out thoroughly or using too many leave-in products - that has always been the reason behind my hair feeling sticky and heavy.

Hopefully this helps! Best of luck!

mermaid lullaby
February 13th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Actually that helped a lot!
Thank you endlessly :)