PDA

View Full Version : Funny hair comment at store today

jpitt
February 11th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Thought this might be good for a laugh. Long story short a 5-year-old in line, with her mom obviously, at the grocery store told me that: "Mister, your ponytail looks more like a rabbit tail." I busted up laughing while the mom was a bit embarrassed, but then later I felt a little sad as I definitely do not have a "PONYtail" as I am just about to leave the awkward stage. And now I can't help but just dream of having an actually ponytail that would meet that little girl's standard and yet there is nothing to do but wait ... maybe in a year or two I will.

Breanna
February 11th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Haha that's cute, I remember my awkward bunny tail stage too :) But actually I sometimes kind of miss it! Ponytails were so easy and lightweight back then, now they're a painful hassle.

dellad
February 11th, 2015, 11:37 AM
You'll get there, jpitt. Patience and good hair care will pay off.

jpitt
February 11th, 2015, 12:26 PM
You'll get there, jpitt. Patience and good hair care will pay off.

Yeah, that patience...

Lavendersugar
February 11th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Hey that's a compliment!! Little kids are wonderfully honest.

luvlonghair75
February 11th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Just keep wiggling whatever "tail" you have and it's bound to grow to the delight of all little girls of all ages! :)

jpitt
February 11th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Hey that's a compliment!! Little kids are wonderfully honest.
I guess I should take it as a compliment, at least I have a tail!

Just keep wiggling whatever "tail" you have and it's bound to grow to the delight of all little girls of all ages! :)
Haha I hope so. It would be fun to run into her again in a year or two and see what she thought! Though I am sure she wouldn't remember, and its a little sad I want the approval of a random little girl as a grown man.

chebella
February 13th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Haha! What a cute story. Kids can say the darnedest things :p But patience can be really hard when it comes to your hair. I'm growing mine out now and every time I look in the mirror I feel so disappointed- sometimes I feel like it's never going to grow. A while ago I found these binaural beats on YouTube, they're free, and you're supposed to listen to them every day like twice a day and they're supposed to make your hair grow faster. I don't know if you'd be open to trying something like that, but if you are, maybe that'll help you reach your goal faster!

ghost
February 13th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Lol! We've all been there, don't worry about it or take it too personally. You'll have a ponytail before you know it :)

EdG
February 13th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Just keep wiggling whatever "tail" you have and it's bound to grow to the delight of all little girls of all ages! :)This is very true. Eventually, the little girls will want to have hair just like that... man. :lol:
Ed

jpitt
February 13th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Kids can say the darnedest things :p
Yeah they do and now every time I pull it back I thick about that.

Lol! We've all been there, don't worry about it or take it too personally. You'll have a ponytail before you know it :)
Good to know, especially as long as your hair is!

This is very true. Eventually, the little girls will want to have hair just like that... man. :lol:
Ed
That'll be the day!

MadPirateBippy
March 5th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Everyone at some point has the Pony Club phase. :)

jacqueline101
March 5th, 2015, 01:09 PM

I agree. I remember my first braid my hair was so thick and short it didn't look right. I never gave up on it and before then I never gave up on my pony tail. Keep going this stage will pass.

Shibe
March 5th, 2015, 01:44 PM
I remember when I hacked my hair off to my ears. Those bunny tails helped me carry on- you'll get there!