PDA

View Full Version : Black Tea Rinses

MotherOfDragons
February 8th, 2015, 06:07 AM
Hello all! I am looking into black tea rinses because I have read that it can help with shedding. I also know it can darken your hair and I'm curious how much. I know this all depends on the current color of your hair, I have medium brown hair, but I don't want to end up with jet black hair after a couple weeks of the rinses.

Does anyone know alternate methods of helping shedding? I have a poodle, and I find it hilarious that it's not dog hair all over my floor, it's people hair!

Thanks!

CousinItt
February 8th, 2015, 10:26 AM
With medium brown hair the tea won't affect your color much. It may add some golden tones if you're more ash-colored, but it definitely won't make your hair black.

AlexDig
February 12th, 2015, 05:52 AM
I have medium dark brown hair as well and I haven't seen much color change with black tea rinses. I have noticed some improvements in shedding with all rinses with caffeine but they also tend to leave my hair a bit dry so I usually combine them with things like ACV and aloe. The best thing I've tred though are aloe vera gel scalp packs for about 30-60 minutes before showering...I notice a huge difference there! I also like mixing the aloe Vera with honey for some extra conditioning and honey has some antibacterial type properties so I like for the occasional scalp upkeep.

Hope that helps! Keep us posted on your progress :-)

hennalonghair
February 12th, 2015, 07:57 AM
The dryness comes from the tannins in the tea
I think green tea is a healthier option if you want the caffeine but herbal tea rinses work well also

MINAKO
February 12th, 2015, 08:21 AM
idont like my hair after a black tea rinse, its kinda drying in my case. i stick to coffe and sage tea with a teaspoon of molasses, my favorite rinse so far.