PDA

View Full Version : Intersex.

krash1980
September 30th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Hi, I am an intersexual and a lead guitarist and I am new to this community.

krash1980
September 30th, 2008, 05:44 AM
And my hair type is 1c / M/C / ii/iii.

FrannyG
September 30th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Hi Krash1980, and welcome. :waving:

How long is your hair now, and what are your goals? :) I'm sure you'll find this community very helpful in not only hair matters, but just about everything else!

angelthadiva
September 30th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Hi welcome, happy hair days ahead for you! :flower:

wolf girl
September 30th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Hi, I am an intersexual and a lead guitarist and I am new to this community.

Am I the only one that doesn't know what 'intersex' means?? :confused:

missy60
September 30th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't know what 'intersexual' means?? :confused:

Welcome krash1980! I dont have a clue what intersexual means either

angelthadiva
September 30th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Intersex (http://www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex) :flower:

krash1980
September 30th, 2008, 07:31 AM
My hair slightly above my chin, it's neck length in the back. It was ear length when I started growing it, a style I had worn throughout most of my teen years. My goal is chin length, then I would like to maintain it.

Eventually I would like to grow it to middle back, but that won't be for sometime, that is more of a long-term goal I suppose.

My goals are short term: chin length, long term: middle back. The users on this site have such pretty hair, this is the first website to have an intersexual gender option, I am very pleased about that.

FrannyG
September 30th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Well, I'm happy you found us. :blossom:

Wavelength
September 30th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the boards! :D

krash1980
September 30th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't know what 'intersex' means?? :confused:
Gender ambiguity or having physical, mental, and sometimes sexual characteristics of both sexes.

krash1980
September 30th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Intersex (http://www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex) :flower:
That website is more about hermaphroditism than intersexuality.

mira-chan
September 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Welcome to LHC! :flower:

wolf girl
September 30th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Gender ambiguity or having physical, mental, and sometimes sexual characteristics of both sexes.

Thank you for explaining it. :flowers: I was really starting to feel like an idoit (or just completely naive). :o

BTW, Welcome to LHC! :beerchug:

angelthadiva
September 30th, 2008, 08:35 AM
That website is more about hermaphroditism than intersexuality.

Things need to be kept PG13, there was a lot of information on the site that would have answered a lot of questions people seem to have. The actual site I referenced is the Intersex Socitey of North America.

Actually one of the FAQ was:

Is a person who is intersex a hermaphrodite?
and the answer was:

No. The mythological term “hermaphrodite” implies that a person is both fully male and fully female. This is a physiologic impossibility.
The words “hermaphrodite” and “pseudo-hermaphrodite” are stigmatizing and misleading words. Unfortunately, some medical personnel still use them to refer to people with certain intersex conditions, because they still subscribe to an outdated nomenclature that uses gonadal anatomy as the basis of sex classification. In a paper titled Changing the Nomenclature/Taxonomy for Intersex: A Scientific and Clinical Rationale (http://www.isna.org/node/979), five ISNA-associated experts recommend that all terms based on the root “hermaphrodite” be abandoned because they are scientifically specious and clinically problematic. The terms fail to reflect modern scientific understandings of intersex conditions, confuse clinicians, harm patients, and panic parents. We think it is much better for everyone involved when specific condition names are used in medical research and practice.

ETA:

Again, welcome! :flowers:

Jorja
September 30th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hi and welcome :)
Now not only have I learned what 'cones' are, I now can define the word 'intersexual'. I hope it comes up at quiz night lol.

yogachic
September 30th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the boards.

Robinlyn
September 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Welcome to LHC! You'll find a lot of info here!!

rhosyn_du
September 30th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your journey to longhair-dom. :)

Áine
September 30th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Welcome Krash!

We're glad to have you. I hope you enjoy yourself plenty on the board! Lots of sweet people to meet here.

Elphie
September 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Welcome, krash!

Aine, I love that Yoda quote!

fleurdelis
September 30th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hey! Welcome and enjoy this wonderful site 8)

AquaViolet1973
September 30th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Welcome! There are lots of wonderful people here. :) LHC is a wonderful site. I'm sure you will make many friends here, as well as learning everything you have ever wanted to know about hair!
Again, welcome!

cuddledumplin
September 30th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here, and if you're comfortable, I'd love to see a photo of your hair.

I hope you're well,
Amy

krash1980
October 1st, 2008, 06:37 AM
Things need to be kept PG13, there was a lot of information on the site that would have answered a lot of questions people seem to have. The actual site I referenced is the Intersex Socitey of North America.

Actually one of the FAQ was:

and the answer was:

ETA:

Again, welcome! :flowers:

You misunderstood, they are still only addressing intersexuality as a genital disorder. The wide spectrum of intersexuality makes it hard to define, there are too many sub-categories.

I suppose it would have been more appropriate to use gender non-conforming or androgynous to describe myself. I consider my gender identity to be outside the traditional male-female gender binary.

And, thank you.

MissFrenchTwist
October 1st, 2008, 07:34 AM
As a fellow guitarist, welcome aboard!

sky
October 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
I don't know either, and it doesn't mean anything to me, but it is obviously very important to our new member, so I will embrace it.

Welcome aboard! What kind of music do you play? Are you in a group? Gig often?

And tell us about your hair dreams and woes. That's really what we're best at. :lol:

sky

Monsterkitti
October 1st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Hi and welcome! :)

shelivade
October 1st, 2008, 09:24 PM
And for the record, this is my second account, I will be using it sometimes.

Teacherbear
October 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM

Please go read the guidelines (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4005). You are allowed ONE account. Please keep an eye on your email account regarding this issue.

PeaceWithTrees
October 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
Hi There!!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!:d

krash1980
October 1st, 2008, 11:39 PM
I don't know either, and it doesn't mean anything to me, but it is obviously very important to our new member, so I will embrace it.

Welcome aboard! What kind of music do you play? Are you in a group? Gig often?

And tell us about your hair dreams and woes. That's really what we're best at. :lol:

sky
I play Glam Metal, Thrash Metal, New Wave and other 80's styles. I was formerly in a band, we didn't perform often. I left becuase I disagreed with the musical direction they were taking, and presently I am not looking for another one.

Beatnik Guy
October 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Just to confirm what Teacherbear said, No, you won't. And the same goes for any other accounts you've thought of opening. One member, one account, one lifetime. You have email and we await your response.

phantomblue
October 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Just to confirm what Teacherbear said, No, you won't. And the same goes for any other accounts you've thought of opening. One member, one account, one lifetime. You have email and we await your response.

Just for your information Beatnik Guy, your attempt to violate my civil rights and restrict me from using this site was laughable and pathetic. You can try banning my IP address from this server again, however I can just as easily renew my connection settings and assume a new identity as fast as a morbidly obese woman with three chins can down a piece of cake. Regards.

Koala Kim
October 16th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Just for your information Beatnik Guy, your attempt to violate my civil rights and restrict me from using this site was laughable and pathetic. You can try banning my IP address from this server again, however I can just as easily renew my connection settings and assume a new identity as fast as a morbidly obese woman with three chins can down a piece of cake. Regards.
Your rights aren't being violated. This is a privately owned site.
You do not own this site, you do not make the rules.

justgreen
October 16th, 2008, 04:26 PM
This site is not a democracy, it has one owner and you have NO rights. This will be a fun thread. *justy goes to make popcorn*

getoffmyskittle
October 16th, 2008, 04:28 PM

Your attempts to troll a hair forum are laughable and pathetic.

And if you're going to talk about civil rights like you actually care about them, maybe you should consider how insulting your little metaphor is.

snowbear
October 16th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Did I miss when they rewrote the Declaration of Independence to include "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in the form of online forums dedicated to hair growth"?

...I didn't?

...You mean accessing this site isn't a civil right?

...IT'S PRIVATELY OWNED?

Clearly, I missed something in history class.

Koala Kim
October 16th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Did I miss when they rewrote the constitution to include "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in the form of online forums dedicated to hair growth"?

...I didn't?

...IT'S PRIVATELY OWNED?

Sorry you missed that day. :p

getoffmyskittle
October 16th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Did I miss when they rewrote the Declaration of Independence to include "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in the form of online forums dedicated to hair growth"?

...I didn't?

...IT'S PRIVATELY OWNED?

Come on, snowbear, everyone knows that LHC is so important that being a member of it is a right, not a privilege. In fact, the importance of LHC is only underscored by the fact that our bridge-lurking friend keeps coming back to it.

justgreen
October 16th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Wonder if the old moof monster got rid of THIS account of his yet. He hasn't been back to play!

angelthadiva
October 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
<nudges Justy...Gimme some popcorn girl! :drama:

:nono: Sadly wishing Eboshi's ploink wasn't hanging on the wall. :D

dancingbarefoot
October 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Your rights aren't being violated. This is a privately owned site.

Correct. Your civil rights - and United States law - give you the right to free speech in the public arena. However, this is a privately owned site and as such, the owner gets to decide who is allowed to post here. Goodbye! :waving:

angelthadiva
October 16th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Kan we has a ploink smiley?

Koala Kim
October 16th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Correct. Your civil rights - and United States law - give you the right to free speech in the public arena. However, this is a privately owned site and as such, the owner gets to decide who is allowed to post here. Goodbye! :waving:
Thank you! :flowers: :cheese:

Koala Kim
October 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
:lol: ........

snowbear
October 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3335/bannedfi8.gif ?

angelthadiva
October 16th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Correct. Your civil rights - and United States law - give you the right to free speech in the public arena. However, this is a privately owned site and as such, the owner gets to decide who is allowed to post here. Goodbye! :waving: Ty, DBF :flower:

:lol: ........ I know, I'm bad...I thought about having my member title switched to "nice girl with naughty habits"

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3335/bannedfi8.gif ? Perfect! :) I love it! :crush:

Koala Kim
October 16th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I know, I'm bad...I thought about having my member title switched to "nice girl with naughty habits"
I love it! You must change your title! :cheese:

angelthadiva
October 16th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I love it! You must change your title! :cheese:

KK too many characters, had to trim it down...How do you like it?

Koala Kim
October 16th, 2008, 05:15 PM
KK too many characters, had to trim it down...How do you like it?
I love it!!! :cheese:
Now people will wonder...:twisted:

justgreen
October 16th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Mine is hidden .....it's actually the first and the last words....the garden gnome got thrown in there to confuse people.....

ItalianFlower
October 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Welcome! ^_^ You'll like it here. Everyone is very nice!

Beatnik Guy
October 16th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Just for your information Beatnik Guy, your attempt to violate my civil rights and restrict me from using this site was laughable and pathetic.
I hope you have a great day too. :rolleyes:
We've banned you before and we'll keep on doing that, just for your information. :cool:

wintersun99
October 16th, 2008, 06:47 PM

Why in the h*** would you go to all that trouble just to get the account banned? What a waste of time...:rolleyes:

Tyrinaniel
October 16th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately I've been around the internet long enough to see that people line him/her, whatever, usually want to get into an argument because they feel they need to in order to make themselves feel more complete. I feel sorry for people like them because they're blind. I try to help them see the light, but honestly, you can't see the light when your eyes are welded shut. Don't get worked up over that person. Just shrug it off, take a deep breath and move on!

*Hugs*

wolf girl
October 17th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Dang it!!! Missed everything when you don't log in for 1 day :shake: