View Full Version : Hair breaks but no split ends visible

Fresco
February 5th, 2015, 03:51 PM
How is this possible? I clearly see two inch pieces of hair when I brush or comb yet my mom can't see the splits in my hair even with a magnifying glass..

What can I do to prevent my hair from breaking? I've been using blowdriers to style my hair too often lately.

LeMimi13
February 5th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Give your hair a break from blow drying? Or try go at least only rough dry if the weather over there is too cold for you to walk around with wet hair... Try mot to tound brush.... Good luck.. I wish I knew how to help... Sometimes this happens to me too, it sucks!

gthlvrmx
February 5th, 2015, 04:03 PM
I think it's best to use the blow drier on the cool settings so it won't cause damage. Heat from a blow dryer will damage your hair. Your hair could benefit with some moisture, maybe some baby oil on damp hair after a wash. That will make it feel better but once your hair is damaged, it's damaged.

lapushka
February 5th, 2015, 04:23 PM
How is this possible? I clearly see two inch pieces of hair when I brush or comb yet my mom can't see the splits in my hair even with a magnifying glass..

What can I do to prevent my hair from breaking? I've been using blowdriers to style my hair too often lately.

What about white dots? Do you have those?

Blowdryers being damaging is a myth. It's all in *how* you use the tool. This is not the same with heat styling tools (curling tongs, straighteners) that can go up to extremely high temperatures and *are* damaging - totally. If you use it cool/warm (the blowdryer) then it should be fine. The ultimate test is this, if you can hold your hand in the airstream comfortably without it burning, then it's okay to use on the hair!

Ambrielle
February 5th, 2015, 04:26 PM
As other members have suggested i'd avoid using the hair dryer on hot and see if it made any difference but most of all make sure you hair is being properly moisturized and holding in the moisture.