PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else live in Madrid?

Siobhan
February 5th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Trying to re ignite my original desire to grow to tb. Joined LHL the pre curser to LHC way back in 2004 maybe I think. Then stuff happened. Had 2 babies husband died met another man and to be with him and our baby moved to Spain. So wondering if any other LHCers here! (I started in London, then Worcs now here!)

Hair got forgotten and abused in all that.

Dyed and cut and dyed and cut. Never drastic cuts but kept it at or around BS. Post partum she'd had led to icky crazy loco frizzles at hairline and with my hair type of frizzy they escape and stick out.

I snuck back in here and am finding it a great added motivation. When I have time. Numero 3 baby is 18 months now.

I'm currently recovering from an operation so found time to read for inspiration today and this post!!

Hola a todo Otra vez!!

Hello everyone again!!

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
February 5th, 2015, 01:55 PM
I'm not in Spain, but just wanted to say good luck with your hair goals! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you have had, and I wish you better days ahead. :flower:

DreamSheep
February 5th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I think SwordWomanRionna may have been.

I am originally from Spain, but the South (Seville), however now I am studying in the UK.
I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time, and I hope your recovery goes well :)
I am quite a recent member compared to you - but a very warm welcome back to these forums :)

Siobhan
February 6th, 2015, 03:15 AM
THANKYOU both.

I can't underestimate how much this place helps!

Although not the most outgoing just wondered if like minded people geographically close too.

Seville a place I must visit. Been here 18 months so far and must must get speaking Spanish ( doesn't help being self conscious) and must must improve hair.

Beatnik Guy
February 6th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Yes, you should visit Seville, Siobhan (and Granada), but I think I may prefer Toledo. ;)

I think SwordWomanRiona is in your area too. Having met her at last summer's London meet I can conform she is very cool.

reila18
February 7th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I'm from Barcelona and living in Barcelona. There are a few km between us, but compared to other LHC members we are close :cheese:

Dickiebow
February 7th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Welcome back. So sorry to hear about the past sad events in your life. But you sound so strong. I'm not in Spain. I'm in neighbouring France in Lyon. But like you, I moved here from the UK to live with a man I met. I totally hear you about the self conscious thing when speaking a foreign language. It's hard - especially when people reply in English! Good luck with your new life, Spanish and hair goals :blossom:

Siobhan
February 21st, 2015, 11:49 AM
thankyou reila18 and Dickiebow. barcelona on my list too!! (And Toledo Beatnick!)

Tabitha
February 21st, 2015, 12:17 PM
Hi Siobhan! I remember meeting you at the Natural History Museum when #2 was "in the oven"! I visit here less now as I cut my hair about 3 years ago.