PDA

View Full Version : Rollers in long hair

karenkte
February 1st, 2015, 10:21 AM
Had a go today with some rollers on my usually straight hair.....but the weight seems to be pulling out the curls. What do you think...any suggestions?

http://www.daysgonebydeckchairs.com/images/longhair1.JPGhttp://www.daysgonebydeckchairs.com/images/longhair2.JPG

LeMimi13
February 1st, 2015, 11:14 AM
Are these hot rollers ? Hot rollers are great , trust me, they'll give bounce to any 1a hair, no joke (mom's hair). But they're a bit damaging.. if these are sponge rollers, why don't you try some kind of hair product before rolling?
it looks great though. Very Hollywood glam!

Anje
February 1st, 2015, 11:29 AM
Well, you definitely got more texture, even if it's just the part of your hair below the shoulders. I think it looks quite nice. :)

I fail horribly at putting my own hair in rollers, though. I've got a nice steam-sponge roller set, but trying to wrap my hair up in them (especially without twisting it) requires more skill than I possess! My arms are a bit short for it, too. XD

petitepraline
February 1st, 2015, 11:32 AM
I think it looks lovely the way it is. Looks soft and natural. But like Lemimi said, some type of product might help to keep the curls.

Majorane
February 1st, 2015, 11:47 AM
Very 'in' look! It looks gorgeous! Who cares it's curlier at the tips and your roots and shoulders are 'only' bouncy-it looks great!

Carolyn
February 1st, 2015, 02:11 PM
Did your hair hold a curl well when it was shorter? It's only natural for the curls to relax. When I set mine, whether it's on regular hot rollers, old fashioned magnetic rollers, or a Caruso steam setter, I have lovely curls for the 1st hour and nothing much left after 3 or 4 hours. I don't use any setting lotions or products as I don't like the way the leave my hair.

LeMimi13
February 1st, 2015, 02:37 PM
Hot rollers work amazing for me, and my hair is thick and heavy..

lapushka
February 1st, 2015, 02:59 PM
I like the look of it, to be frank! I love that only the ends are curly, makes it more "bouncy". :)

DreamSheep
February 1st, 2015, 03:39 PM
I'm with lapushka - I think they look pretty awesome and wouldn't change a thing! :)
Though, if you perhaps want more curl at the top, you could try with slightly smaller rollers.

Thinner rollers would make the curl tighter and give a curlier impression anyway, but I think those loose wurls are perfect. :)