PDA

View Full Version : How about shoulder to BSL? :)

Speckla
September 29th, 2008, 07:30 PM
How about a thread dedicated for wanting to grow from shoulder to BSL?

My hair is 23" stretched but sits right at my shoulders due to curls. I take Biotin and MSM everyday and have had some amazing growth since I started taking them.
________
Fifth-Generation Ford Taurus History (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Fifth-generation_Ford_Taurus)

longingforlocks
September 29th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'll join! Although I think that I am nearly APL (my hair is naturally straight and about 21 inches right now), my main goal is BSL before I hope that my hair will grow to waist and beyond. I feel like it is growing so slow and I have been debating for quite some time if I should do regular trims or just let it grow until my goal lenght and then start to even it up. Anyway, I am ready to get/give support on my journey to BSL!

Auntbeast
September 29th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm with ya! Just had my ends trimmed since it has been growing before I found this site and discovered all the stuff I am doing wrong.

Right now it is APL and 22" long. I've spent the evening trying out those cool buns and braids that my hair is just too dang short for...yet! One of my few skills is growing hair. I hope that with the info that I am learning here I can get it at least BSL but without all the usual split ends I'm plagued with. I cut my hair to chin length and kept it that way about two years ago, I'd say it has been growing for a year and a half or so.

Poker straight, super fine, but a lot of it, colored red, but roots are my usual blonde/red/brown/grey variety pack I was born with. I'll get pics up eventually. I'm currently battling a toddlers toys for camera batteries.

jojo
September 30th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I am nearly at BSL and just wanted to offer my support, keep up the good work.

Juliabean
September 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I 'm just at SL due to major setbacks. But good luck!:)

suicides_eve
September 30th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm at the " can i call this APL?" length. I stop usin magic potions a few months ago and my hair continues to get an inch or more:shrug:

i figure by February i can have my layers blunt cut and still have a bit of length i have a 'V' shape going on i guess from hair stylist trims/ natural growth

Speckla
September 30th, 2008, 03:54 PM
What can we do to encourage some major growth? I'm willing to make my hair hot chocolate at night and read it bedtime stories so it'll rest well and grow. ;)
________
Vaporizer Affiliate Programs (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)

toocurly
September 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I'm in! Now waiting for APL, but BSL is my goal - so welcome:)

Oskimosa
October 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM
I keep looking sideways at my mirror every day to check and see if my hair has hit my armpits. If I lean over and try hard, it gets stuck in them! But I don't guess that counts... It's like an inch, maybe 2, away.

silentwisp
October 10th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I'm between APL and BSL, closer to BSL now,
it's awesome because I didn't really notice, it was like I zoomed straight past APL :D

I'm about an inch away from BSL now since I trimmed it a few days ago, my ends were getting very splitty and I feel much better about them now.

:)

amaiaisabella
October 10th, 2008, 06:12 PM
What can we do to encourage some major growth? I'm willing to make my hair hot chocolate at night and read it bedtime stories so it'll rest well and grow. ;)

Hee! Heck, I'm willing to mix it up a Fuzzy Navel or a soothing glass of wine if it means steady (and quick!) growth :D

I was at APL, but just cut back to shoulders growing out old color damage. It took me 6 months to get from shoulder to APL previously, I'm hoping with the damage cut off, I can be back there by New Year's :)

Bunnygirl
October 10th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I'm at collarbone length, and I take hair skin and nails vitamins and monistat treatments twice a week. I'm so impatient!

Speckla
October 10th, 2008, 06:52 PM
How does monistat work?

I take Biotin, MSM, and a B complex vitamin already.
________
STOCKS TO BUY NOW (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

Oskimosa
October 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I'm taking biotin as well, and I THINK the growth has increased the tiniest of amounts. I average 2/3"/month and just got 3/4" this past month. But it would've been a spurt based on warm weather, as some people get. I think I was a bit less stressed the past month, too. Despite all the bad things hurricane Ike brought to Texas, I tried to look at our own situation as not too bad; like... an expensive camping trip ;) No power, no work, rarely any phone service.. just lots of puzzles, books, and card games. Not too bad!

Maybe mental state has more to do with growth than all the vitamins in the world.

RocketDog
October 10th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I'm just a smidgen past shoulders, my hair brushes my collarbones when it's dried to its natural funky curly texture. My next goal is to be able to put my hair into a bun, which for me means it needs to be past APL but not quite BSL.

I take biotin and zinc, plus a prenatal multi, wear my hair up 80% of the time, and do coconut oil treatments twice weekly while avoiding my brush whenever possible. Finger-combing and a new WIDE-toothed comb only!

jeno
October 11th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I'm in!
http://i38.tinypic.com/20hu5j6.jpg
My goal is BSL. I do microtrims and someday I will get rid of my layers.
A question: what is MSM?

30isthenewblack
October 11th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Maybe mental state has more to do with growth than all the vitamins in the world.

I think writing down your goals and surrounding yourself with people who share similar goals such as this forum is very important to achieving your goals. Taking hair vitamins, protecting your hair, putting oils in your hair and keeping it moisturised help as well :D