PDA

View Full Version : Jean&Len NEW!! vegan, silicone/paraben free haircare (germany)

MINAKO
January 31st, 2015, 05:36 AM
http://www.jeanlen.de/home.html

i went to the dugstore this morning and stumbled ober a new haircare line, at least i didnt see any of it two weeks ago. neither did i find a thread on here yet, but tis stuff seems to be very very LHC friendly and also affordable.
y'all know i love my cones, but hey, why not try a nice conditioner without them. i gotthe oe fordry haand wil try to co with it the next time.

if any of you tri it already im curious abut your opinions! :flower:

missblueeyes
January 31st, 2015, 05:47 AM
I'm going to try it as soon as the online store opens! I'm always looking for silicone free shampoo alternatives to Alverde because it's just not working for me. This looks very promising!

MINAKO
January 31st, 2015, 05:53 AM
I'm going to try it as soon as the online store opens! I'm always looking for silicone free shampoo alternatives to Alverde because it's just not working for me. This looks very promising!

i cant do with alverde either, but the competitor brand called alterra makes an amazing pomegranate mask and conditioner, im so in love with it, but actually it was sold out today and as i kept looking i found the new stuff. ilike the short ingredient list. so far i can only tell it smell very much like nothing but a bit balmy. will report more soon.

missblueeyes
January 31st, 2015, 06:07 AM
i cant do with alverde either, but the competitor brand called alterra makes an amazing pomegranate mask and conditioner, im so in love with it, but actually it was sold out today and as i kept looking i found the new stuff. ilike the short ingredient list. so far i can only tell it smell very much like nothing but a bit balmy. will report more soon.

I haven't tried Alterra yet but if I recall, they don't sell all Alterra products at DM here in Austria. I'm looking forward to hearing of your experience with these products! I'm currently testing out Desert Essence but it's very pricey since I have to order it online.

MINAKO
January 31st, 2015, 08:23 AM
oh, alterra is sold by rossmann, completely different store, i dont know why they made the brands sound so similar tho, lol. anyways, i find the pomegranate mask especially to be by far the most superior natural product i have tried until now. maybe its also due to the fact that my har was already pretty healthy when i first used it, butnevertheless, itis a great product.
i forgot to mention that i bought the jean&len for 4,99 at 230ml.the smell and consitency reminds me alot of weleda creams, lol. we will see.

MINAKO
January 31st, 2015, 01:45 PM
i noticed the cdie nditioner i bought is actually not on th website, ooop. so heres the ingredients of the one for dry hair.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p506/Nori_Ko/image.jpg1_zpszpnq94xw.jpg (http://s1153.photobucket.com/user/Nori_Ko/media/image.jpg1_zpszpnq94xw.jpg.html)

missblueeyes
February 1st, 2015, 02:34 AM
Oooh, it has shea butter in it! I'm certain my hair would like it, in that case! Thank you for posting the ingredients list. :) I love how short it is.

trollkjerring
February 1st, 2015, 04:10 AM
Minako, did you get the Jean&Len conditioner at Rossmann?
I bought the shampoo at DM but they don't carry the conditioner so far.

MINAKO
February 1st, 2015, 04:45 AM
Minako, did you get the Jean&Len conditioner at Rossmann?
I bought the shampoo at DM but they don't carry the conditioner so far.

yes i bought it at rossmann yesterday. the last time im pretty sure it wasnt on the shelf, so maybe it will hit other stores a bit later.

trollkjerring
February 1st, 2015, 05:43 AM
Thank you! I will check out Rossmann tomorrow cause I already have a new bottle of Alterra pomegranate conditioner on my shopping list. Haven't had that stuff for a long time and it always worked great.

MINAKO
February 2nd, 2015, 11:31 AM
i tried i today and in not sure if i like it for CO washing as i intended, but i definitely do like it. the consistency iskind of too thick and pudding like to get a whole lot of cleansing action out of it, but it is a nice conditioner. i rinsed it kinda sloppy and letmy hair absorb the remaining product. its super soft now and what surprises me the most is the tanglefreeness, it does a great job for something that has no cones in it on that part. but i would almost consider this a masque. it is too heavy for a conditioner. that being said, i did not try to dillute it, maybe that would get it to work in both ways. i will certainly buy it again.

missblueeyes
February 2nd, 2015, 11:45 AM
That sounds good! I'm definitely going to give it a go. I've been looking for a 'cone-free protein conditioner to test out anyways. Well, as soon as the online shop opens.

MINAKO
March 20th, 2015, 06:53 PM
I finished my first bottle of this and have to say that this is my new drugstore favorite because it it such a good allrounder. It hydrates well, it has great slip, it can be used as a leave in because it doesnt form any crunchy residue, it has no cones so its a perfect CO wash option.
I remember comparing this to Avedas damage remedy treatment, but i think i like this even better. I wonder how finer hair would do with it tho as it is quite a bomb. Im already worried it will be discontinued because its to heavy for most peoples hair.

missblueeyes
March 21st, 2015, 03:56 AM
I would love to try it in a deep treatment, then! Too bad it's still not available in Austria. :/ What I also noticed is that many, if not all of their conditioners have hydrolized wheat protein. I'm not sure how well my hair would do with using proteins regularly.