PDA

View Full Version : Am I still a 3b/c? o-o;;

GlassEyes
September 29th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Well, uh, I've noticed since the first time I madea hairtyping thread andnow that my hair looks a tad looser (thought it could just be me). I'm wonderinf if I should be going down to a 3b? o-o

I still haven't mastered the 'behind the head' thing...but here you go. My most recent photos.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/DSCF1238.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/DSCF1252.jpg
Actually taken on two seperate days, despite appearances... xD

Previous hairtyping photo circa...Jan-Feb-ish:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/Me/SD531350-1-2.jpg

Also, if anyone would like to comment on my possibly growing a goatee, tha'd be nice too. xD I had one my sophomore/junior-ish year, but I've shaved it. Thought about and partially grew one in the past, but it didn't feel right. I'm debating again. D: Yeah, not the main topic I guess...

cindy58
September 29th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I'm not good on hair-typing, but you have great curls!

spidermom
September 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM
You look like a solid 3B to me.

Elphie
September 29th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I'd say no to the goatee. If you don't mind my saying so, you have gorgeous curls and great cheekbones, I think you'd be detracting from those features by adding a different focal point.

melikai
September 29th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Wow, you have incredible hair.... I did a sharp intake of breath when I saw the first picture!

As far as hair type, I agree with spidermom - 3b

ETA: I vote no on the goatee question :)

kittymomma
September 29th, 2008, 07:16 PM
My GOODNESS those curls are awesome. I'd have to agree...3b. I have to also agree with the no-goatee decision...your bone structure highlights your eyes and mouth...I wouldn't cover any of it up!!

Speckla
September 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Your curls are great!
A little tight for a solid 3b but definitely a mix of 3b/c.
________
CB250 JADE (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CB250_Jade)

JessTheMess
September 29th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUSSSSS!!! I envy your beautiful curls!!! I agree with 3b but I disagree with the goatee heehee. Then again, I'm a sucker for a baby face.
I'm so glad Fiance doesn't grow much facial hair lol

Speedbump
September 29th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm voting with others with a little modification: "FABULOUS 3B!" :thud:

And I too am voting "no" on the goatee. I think you look great without it!

Slug Yoga
September 29th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Hm, maybe the increased length is adding weight, thus stretching the curls out slightly? Anyway, you have awesome hair!

Aicha
September 29th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Wow, beautiful hair! I'd vote for 3B as well. As for a goatee, that could be cool! It's easy to get rid of if you change your mind.:D

ccmuffingirl
September 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I think you're around a 3b/3c, but mostly 3b. When your hair gets longer curls tend to "fall", making them look looser than they did when your hair was shorter. It doesn't necessarily mean that your hair type changed. Either way, you've got nice hair :).

GlassEyes
September 30th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Hm, maybe the increased length is adding weight, thus stretching the curls out slightly? Anyway, you have awesome hair!
I think it's a combination of that and henna. I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't hennaed, it'd be tighter again. xD

And thanks for all the compliments you guys. xD

But I still may grow the goatee. Like Aicha said, I can just get rid of it if I don't like it or it looks bad. xD

Slug Yoga
September 30th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Yeah, facial hair is much easier to grow or cut off than head hair, I bet. Unless you have a seriously huge beard or moustache, like these guys!

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

LadyMoon11
September 30th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Wow- your hair is awesome! :D It looks wonderful and so healthy.
3B imo, also.
Goatee? Meh- either way. I think perhaps without may be better, but like others have said, it will do no harm to try it out and see if you like it! I have always thought if I was a guy I would try all sorts of various looks with facial hair, since you can change it so easily and so often. :)

lora410
September 30th, 2008, 06:10 AM
definitely looser but still in the 3b range :)

Dolly
September 30th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Gorgeous hair! I WISH I didn't have to use rollers to have that look!

Goatee? I'd say try it and see.....no harm, no foul.....

GlassEyes
September 30th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah, facial hair is much easier to grow or cut off than head hair, I bet. Unless you have a seriously huge beard or moustache, like these guys!

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

XD One of those guys looks like he has scimitars for facial hair. xD That's awesome.

Wow- your hair is awesome! :D It looks wonderful and so healthy.
3B imo, also.
Goatee? Meh- either way. I think perhaps without may be better, but like others have said, it will do no harm to try it out and see if you like it! I have always thought if I was a guy I would try all sorts of various looks with facial hair, since you can change it so easily and so often. :)

Thanks. xD

I'm still on the fence. I could just shave it, I know, but ehhhhh. D: I'll decide over the weekend.

definitely looser but still in the 3b range :)
Yea, I figured, but I didn't know if I was still both 3b and c.

Gorgeous hair! I WISH I didn't have to use rollers to have that look!

Goatee? I'd say try it and see.....no harm, no foul.....
Thank you, and true.

kunibob
September 30th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I think a goatee would look great! I'm a big fan of the goatee/long hair combo.

You have BEAUTIFUL curls!!

Ohio Sky
September 30th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Your hair is looking great, Glasseyes! I haven't seen any up to date pics of you in a long time. Your curls do look a little more stretched out.

As for the goatee, I agree with everyone else even though I love facial hair. You have beautiful features and I think a goatee would contrast that. But, if you're set on it, I would say a smaller one would be better, and keep it well trimmed. You don't say "shaggy look" to me. ;)

GlassEyes
October 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
I think a goatee would look great! I'm a big fan of the goatee/long hair combo.

You have BEAUTIFUL curls!!
Thank you. xD;

Your hair is looking great, Glasseyes! I haven't seen any up to date pics of you in a long time. Your curls do look a little more stretched out.

As for the goatee, I agree with everyone else even though I love facial hair. You have beautiful features and I think a goatee would contrast that. But, if you're set on it, I would say a smaller one would be better, and keep it well trimmed. You don't say "shaggy look" to me. ;)

Haha, thanks. :) Most of my bleach damage is gone at this point, just some ends to snip and then it's free growing from there.

And thanks for the compliment on my erm...face. xD; I was only going to grow a thinnish goatee rather than a full on one. Sort of like Orlando Bloom, I guess, if i had to think of an example.

I wish i could pull off shaggy, or scruffy rather. XD

WavyGirl
October 4th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Now I don't know if they're b or c but I do know that they're beautiful. You are so lucky! As for the goatee I'd vote no but that's because I don't really like them on anyone. I'm an all or nothing girl when it comes to facil hair. So probably my vote shouldn't count as it's all about my opinion and not what would look good on you personally.

BTW your hair does look a lot longer now and the shine is incredible.

30isthenewblack
October 4th, 2008, 05:42 PM
You have the most beautiful spirals :thud: I must admit that I'm a fan of facial hair. If you don't like it or you're sick of it, you shave it off. Easy.

Vela
October 4th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I love your curls! Yeah, I'd say about 3b is about right. As for a goatee? I don't know, just go for it! :)
Those curls of your are amazing!
Happy Growing!

Arctic_Mama
October 5th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Yes to fabulous 3b, HELL no to the goatee. With your face shape I think it'd look a bit strange, you have a very narrow jaw that looks great as it (and you should show off your skin, too, girls dig clear skin on guys your age).

Starr
October 5th, 2008, 03:51 AM
:applause:Bravo young jedi! That's definately some thudworthy hair!

:thudpile:

Looks like mostly 3b with a touch of 3c in there (3c because of the pencil sized ringlets, 3b because of the slightly larger-than pencil sized ringlets). ;)

GlassEyes
October 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Yes to fabulous 3b, HELL no to the goatee. With your face shape I think it'd look a bit strange, you have a very narrow jaw that looks great as it (and you should show off your skin, too, girls dig clear skin on guys your age).

Hahaha, my skin is ANYTHING but clear. D: Camera flashes are wonderful things.

And thanks to all who replied. I don't think I'm going to grow the goatee after thinking about it; it'd feel too weird.