PDA

View Full Version : ACV rinse with tea tree oil?

teal
January 30th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has put tea tree oil in their ACV rinse and could share their experience. I'm thinking of doing it for a couple of reasons... first, whenever my scalp is a little bit itchy and I do a scalp massage containing TTO, it's nice and works well on the itchies. (I don't have dandruff/SD/eczema/psoriasis problems at all.) But I don't always have time to wash oils out, so sometimes I avoid a scalp massage altogether. Also, DH dislikes the ACV smell until the hair is dry. I don't mind it, but I don't exactly like it, either. I always rinse out the ACV.

If you have done this... do you like it? Did you find it better than just ACV+water, and why or why not? Did it smell funny? Any other suggestions?

Rushli
February 1st, 2015, 11:08 PM
double post

Rushli
February 1st, 2015, 11:14 PM
I have... about 2 drops per 4oz I think? I gave dandruff from allergies and was giving it a try. It really did not do anything for that purpose. I also infuse lavender in mine. I just got a rosemary and sage plant and am working toward infusing them as well. It did not make it smell any different either.

I know you said you did not like oil because you dont have time to wash out oils, but the oil combo I use washes out with my poo bar with no issues. The oils I use to used previously where much more time consuming to get out. I copy and pasted this from my routine. I dont use the whole amount all at one time. This amount lasts me months as I just put a bit on my finger tips and rub it in. Repeat until I cover my whole scalp.

1/4c Emu oil
1/4c Bhringaraj Oil
3 drops melaleuca essential oil (scalp)
2 drops cederwood ES (hair growth)
2 drops lavender ES (scalp and growth)
1 drop rosemary ES (hair growth)
1 drop basil ES (hair growth)
1 drop thyme ES (hair growth)
Directions:
Mix all together and apply to scalp. Then I use plain Emu oil on the length. Leave over night.

teal
February 2nd, 2015, 10:10 AM
Ooh, thank you! I hadn't actually thought to consider using another, lighter carrier oil for the scalp massage. It looks like my scalp massage recipe is pretty close to yours with the exception of emu/bhringraj oils, so if I can find them I'll try it out! :flower: