PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in conditioner

Doreen
January 29th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Is there any detriment or benefit to leaving a heavy cone-based conditioner on my hair for an extended period of time (as in, hours)? Have any of you tried this? What were your results? Does it extend the effects of the conditioner once the hair is dry (this is my main interest in trying it)?

Nadine <3
January 29th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I don't think it can hurt you hair no, but if you don't use a harsher shampoo watch out for possible cone build up. I've used heavy silicone conditioners for SMT's with good results.

kidari
January 29th, 2015, 09:02 PM
I've heard of some curly hair care methods doing this. If you watch any Wen cleansing commercials or their segments on the shopping channels (I think it's QVC) they will tell you to first rinse it out completely then put one pump of the cleansing conditioner back into your hair as a leave-in. I imagine it can't hurt to try it out. I'm sure it's not like you have to use Wen to use that method. If you are scared about leaving in your regular conditioner, they have plenty of leave-in conditioners that are a rinse-out conditioner consistency (not all of them are light spray leave-ins). I think the key is to first make sure to rinse everything out of your hair post-wash prior to putting the leave-in on your damp hair.

CurlyCap
January 29th, 2015, 09:56 PM
I used to do this regularly before I joined LHC....but I had to shampoo weekly because of the buildup.

I switched to cone-free, slather it on happily whenever I want, and now only have to shampoo every 4 weeks...or even longer.

YvetteVarie
January 30th, 2015, 12:56 AM
I do this sometimes, I just don't rinse out all my conditioner, and just seal with coconut oil. Keeps my hair happy for days

lapushka
January 30th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I use the LOC method, which means I leave a leave-in (coney) in my hair, and a (coney) serum and a gel. It's fine!