PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Ditch the Drama commercial : Sh*t Girls say about their hair

orangeskye
January 28th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I feel like youtube is on to me!
After many, many hair tutorials on youtube this commerical started playing before EVERY SINGLE VIDEO.
It cracks me up, and I watch it most of the time. I feel like it's totally accurate, for me anyway.

:19 and :23 are my favorite snips.
The hair dryers, trying to look all sexy in the mirror.. haha.. and holding up her phone so her friend can see the back of her hair.. or maybe so she can snap a selfy of the own back of her head..

anyway.. if you guys hadn't seen it, i felt like you SHOULD see it
http://youtu.be/X-igSlC7oD4/

Nadine <3
January 28th, 2015, 10:38 PM
The link doesn't seem to be working.

orangeskye
January 28th, 2015, 10:42 PM
opps! should be fixed now!

Breanna
January 28th, 2015, 11:21 PM
I saw this a bunch of times yesterday too! Haha it cracks me up every time. I especially relate to the seat belt one.

Zebra Fish
January 29th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Hahaha love it :D

My SO said: "It's a guy whose gf is on the hair forum. And he is working in marketing." :gabigrin:

allierat
January 29th, 2015, 03:51 AM
So much better than the ads I usually get!

JustPam
January 29th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Haha, that's great, I made the mistake of reading the comments though, people can turn anything into an argument can't they?

Winter Fox
January 29th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Haha I really enjoyed watching. It's totally different from other ads ^^

My SO said: "It's a guy whose gf is on the hair forum. And he is working in marketing." :gabigrin:

Definitely :bluebiggr

yogagirl
January 29th, 2015, 11:04 AM
OOOH HAHAHA thanks for sharing, that was awesome! Although I don't usually say stuff like that... out loud :p :D

kidari
January 29th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Oh I love that ad too! Normally I skip ads all the time but I cannot get enough of this one. Every time it comes up I have to watch it in its entirety; it's so hilarious! I feel like they are talking about me too lol.

lapushka
January 29th, 2015, 11:12 AM
:lol: That guy just makes that commercial!

prettyinpink
January 29th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants. I love the part when he says "YOU'RE SITTING ON MY HAIR" Hahahahaha!

missblueeyes
January 29th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Oh god, THAT IS ME hahahaha. :lol: Good that my SO only has eyes for my hair.

truepeacenik
January 29th, 2015, 03:03 PM
That's one reason I'll say, don't read the comments, but....
Not picking on transwomen in particular, more as fallout from picking on women in general.

I did laugh at the few I do, the careful bit with the seatbelt, "you're on my hair," etc.

Angela_Rose
January 29th, 2015, 06:52 PM
That. Was. Great.

teddygirl
January 29th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Ahaha love it

swearnsue
January 29th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Funny because it is so true!

RainbowBowser
January 29th, 2015, 09:21 PM
"you're sitting on my hair!" oh gawd everytime. I relate way too much

Lazy Loop
July 21st, 2016, 12:03 AM
I'm so late, but I just saw these 2 commercial recently, and LOL, they are hilarious!! And fairly accurate (dramatic).

Decoy24601
July 21st, 2016, 12:11 AM
That was hilarious!

... and fairly accurate. I can't count the times I've said to my SO "you're on my hair you're on my hair you're on my hair!" or "watch the hair" or "oh wait, let me braid my hair first" along with "ugh, my hair looks so frizzy today" or "my hair feels weird".

Tosca
July 21st, 2016, 12:37 AM
Thats not how aussie is pronounced oh my god. Say it with me. Oh-zzie. Like Ozzy Osborne.

(Sorry I'm Australian and so sick of Americans not pronouncing our words properly. Briz-bin, not Briz-bayne. Ugh)

Decoy24601
July 21st, 2016, 12:45 AM
Thats not how aussie is pronounced oh my god. Say it with me. Oh-zzie. Like Ozzy Osborne.

(Sorry I'm Australian and so sick of Americans not pronouncing our words properly. Briz-bin, not Briz-bayne. Ugh)

I'm from the US and I've only heard it pronounced the way you are saying :). I thought it was odd too.

Symbiotek
July 21st, 2016, 03:37 AM
Haha this is brilliant! I love Aussie products, and the brand is so... different? I mean, commercials like that, and the funny instructions on the bottles, it's so much fun :)

pailin
July 21st, 2016, 04:06 AM
Oh, that's better than any of the ads YouTube plays for me.

pailin
July 21st, 2016, 04:08 AM

I think most of us have never heard it pronounced by actual Australians, unfortunately. I never did until I moved overseas and started working with some.

hayheadsbird
July 21st, 2016, 04:18 AM
I've just had to sit and watch all the bonus clips as well! So funny and true.

Johannah
July 21st, 2016, 04:33 AM
I've never seen it but it's hilarious :lol:

H o n є y ❤
July 22nd, 2016, 07:45 AM
Haha this is brilliant! I love Aussie products, and the brand is so... different? I mean, commercials like that, and the funny instructions on the bottles, it's so much fun :)
Yeah their instructions are fun. :)

I liked the commercial. The "I'm not going" is me because if I've already put my hair in my night style. I ain't going no where.

vampyyri
July 22nd, 2016, 07:51 AM
Oh my god, this is comedy gold :rollin:

"Does this look stupid?" is one I use with my DH all the time when I try new buns xD

turtlelover
July 22nd, 2016, 07:57 AM
HAHA! My husband will LOVE that!

LadyAdelina
July 22nd, 2016, 06:11 PM
Aw, haha, a lot of these are me. Luckily one of my coworkers obsesses over her hair as much as I do mine (oh man, I should tell her about LHC!) so we always do the "does this look stupid" thing in the mornings after trying a new style. That does not stop me from also subjecting my poor SO to the questions, though. :) Who can have just one opinion?

littlestarface
July 22nd, 2016, 06:23 PM
LOOOL my favorite is when she says "I love her hair, don't look at her" and he immediately puts his face foward :rollin: That is soooo me :rollin:

reilly0167
July 23rd, 2016, 07:41 PM

Um, ok, respectively I'm sure there are words american or otherwise you mispronounce. Be K.I.N.D.

littlestarface
July 23rd, 2016, 08:08 PM

Ya, We americans say it the way it's spelled. I wonder how aussies pronounce Banes' name from Batman :rollin: Bin? :laugh: