PDA

View Full Version : Blow drying hair ... Straighter ?

RachelRose
January 27th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Ok so my hair is naturally pretty straight and 1b/1c is a pretty accurate description . I don't blow dry often anymore but when I do it's on low heat and medium strength airflow . This helps me get it all straight and smoother and less tangle prone . Anyone else here do this ? If so what are your techniques ? Do you use a paddle brush or tangle teezer or just your fingers ? Also has anyone noticed any significant damage from this ? I don't have extreme length aspirations so would doing this maybe once a week or once every two weeks keep me from healthy hip to tailbone length hair ? I use no curling iron or flat iron and I wear up 80% of the time and deep condition and apply oil post wash as well if that helps anything lol . Thanks :)

Seeshami
January 27th, 2015, 06:54 PM
I paddle brush misted hair to get it dead straight but never use heat. I am sure I could but brushing it after spraying it is sufficient

arr
January 27th, 2015, 06:56 PM
I blow dry after every wash because I hate the feeling of wet hair. I only use my fingers and kind of fan it out as I dry. I've not noticed any damage and I'm approaching hip length. I believe the most important thing is to use a low enough temperature that you can keep your hand in the stream of air comfortably. If it's comfortable for your skin, it will be fine for your hair.

Chocowalnut
January 27th, 2015, 07:14 PM
I feel like if you blow dry on cool or very low heat and don't do much else to your hair (dye, straighten) then it would be fine. If anything might cause a little mechanical damage from the brushing while blow drying..

RachelRose
January 27th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Good to know I'm not alone in this . I just want the smoothness and straightness so badly lol. I don't chemical dye either I use henna . I guess if this is the worst I do I should probably be fine . I am going to have I find as hair friendly as possible paddle brush ..: any suggestions ?

Éowyn_GreyEyes
January 27th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Good to know I'm not alone in this . I just want the smoothness and straightness so badly lol. I don't chemical dye either I use henna . I guess if this is the worst I do I should probably be fine . I am going to have I find as hair friendly as possible paddle brush ..: any suggestions ?

Yeah... Totally not alone on this one... Most of the time I don't have enough time before work to blow dry my hair, but I understand the need to smooth straight hair. My hair gets pretty tangly if I just let it sit to dry, less I brush it all through the drying process. Either way I never use paddle brushes. They're not really meant for wet hair... Most paddle brushes have a sort of staggered bristle placement that really makes the mechanical damage all the worse. If you can I would use fingers, a wide tooth comb or a comb brush... Like this-> http://www.oempromo.com/upload/Prod_200/Silver-Hair-Brush_11760045.jpg

I use a comb brush, and my last couple of hair dryers actually came with one as a package which is convenient... My hair likes them much better than paddles

but just to be clear... I do use paddle brushes when it's dry hahaha

RachelRose
January 27th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Ok gotcha I never knew those were called comb brushes hmmm I will look into this

spidermom
January 28th, 2015, 09:35 AM
I use either my shower comb or my paddle brush when I blow dry (not very often). I love the smooth straightness of it when I do. It tangles a lot less from day to day, and being straight lets me see the length.

It takes a long time to do a good job with blow drying, though. That's why I don't do it often.

MINAKO
January 28th, 2015, 09:42 AM
i have a hot air paddle brush thingy from philips and use that on second, third, x-day hair. its got a nice cool shot function a ceramic base and ions. so i mist my hair lightly with a leave in, apply a tiny amount of serum and it takes me like five minutes to get it sleek and shiny again.

lapushka
January 28th, 2015, 09:48 AM
I have SD, so too too long with a wet scalp is not okay. My hair gets diffused after it's been in a turbie towel for 15-20 min., then it's air dried for about an hour, an hour and a half, and *then* it gets 5 min. of diffuser (blow drying) time. By then it doesn't need much to get dry anymore and it's blow dried not until fully dry (the tips are still damp after that).

RachelRose
January 28th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Went and got a small trim today I'm pretty happy with it I said "I want a trim so small you wonder why I even came in amd wasted my money " lol she came through for me and I'm happy. I'm really hoping this is the only trim of the year . I really wanted it freshened up before baby comes In April. She also blow dried it on low. It was prob on medium heat so I think she misunderstood airflow for temp but it didn't feel too hot on my skin so I let it go . Next time I will prob do it myself tho . It did make me realize though I'm far to lazy to do this regularly lol . Lhc has enabled my natural laziness :) and I like it