PDA

View Full Version : Itchy scalp

Keirapop
January 27th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Lately my scalp has been super itchy and it has been driving me crazy but I don't know what to do. :( I haven't changed what I wash my hair with in months so I don't think it's the products I am using. My scalp isn't dry and I don't have dandruff either. I don't wash my hair too often and it itches whether it's been recently cleaned or if I have left it for a few days. I'm not really sure what to do with it. Any suggestions?

lapushka
January 28th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Lately my scalp has been super itchy and it has been driving me crazy but I don't know what to do. :( I haven't changed what I wash my hair with in months so I don't think it's the products I am using. My scalp isn't dry and I don't have dandruff either. I don't wash my hair too often and it itches whether it's been recently cleaned or if I have left it for a few days. I'm not really sure what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Is it red or otherwise aggravated? Maybe wash it a little sooner and see if it clears up.

young&reckless
January 28th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Is it winter where you live? I get terrible dry scalp in winter that gets better if I wash less. I sometimes use an oatmeal tea on my scalp to help stop the ichy mess.

I use one handful of regular oatmeal wrapped up in two coffee filters and hold it in a big measuring cup of warm water, squizing the oat milk into the water gently. I poor this over my head and scalp and let it sit while I take my bath (be carefull to let it cool down first).

If you break the filter start over, oatmeal is horrible to get out of your hair.

Keirapop
January 29th, 2015, 09:22 AM
No, not until I give in and start itching it haha.

Ahh yes it is! My mum suggested it might have been the heating so maybe that could be it. Thanks so much! I'll definitely give that a try! Hopefully it will help!