PDA

View Full Version : Microdermal roller and hair loss?

Silverbrumby
January 27th, 2015, 12:54 PM
I'm posting to the group after a break of several months to share something odd. I purchased a micro dermal skin roller, it's a device with lots of micro pins on a roller you roller over your face or other parts of the body to help with skin issues. Fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks etc. Anyway, on a lark I started to roll it across my scalp a while ago before using this shampoo that's helped with shedding,Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Caffeine Hair Loss Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo with 0.2% Ketoconazole. The shampoo has helped with my shedding but now adding the daily dermal roller treatment I can't believe how little hair is now falling out compared to before. It's... a bit disturbing. I'm now only losing 20 to 30 hairs on wash day (compared to 60 to 100) and when combing out my hair in the morning it's less than 20 compared to over 60.
I can only conclude that for ME this works because it's allowing the ingredients in my shampoo to penetrate (ketoconazole is shown to reduce DHA in the scalp, a common issue for some women approaching menopause) and increasing blood flow and collagen in the scalp.

I wanted to share this as it's a pretty cheap fix, the dermal roller not the shampoo. That stuff is expensive but my scalp and hair love it.

(sorry I screwed up the fonts, tried to fix it but couldn't)

Anyway, upshot is my hair feels thicker than it has in years and I couldn't be happier.

swearnsue
January 27th, 2015, 03:57 PM
I'm not familiar with the micro roller thing. It doesn't have pins that pierce your scalp does it? You might ask a dermatologist about if it's OK to use on your scalp, just to be safe.

I've been using a coffee rinse and found that it reduced my shedding immediately and drastically. There is something about the caffeine that makes the scalp hold onto hair longer. Weird but true.

luvlonghair75
January 27th, 2015, 07:09 PM
I was looking into a micro derma roller! I've heard alot of good things about it. Anything that will stimulate hair growth is a good thing. Glad it's working out for you!