PDA

View Full Version : 2 years on LHC post :] before/after

cosmic crusader
January 27th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Hello fellow longhairs!

I've been a member for two years now, and thought I would post a progress picture. Thank you so much for all the advice! I originally lurked, then joined, after a Google search on how to care for my growing hair. I experimented a LOT... alternative washes, no washes, baking soda (never again). I've settled into a low maintainence routine of W/C every other or every few days, wide tooth combing in shower. So happy to have reached my original goal length of BSL, then waist! Well, barely anyway :]. On to tailbone!

Here is my first ever length photo, alongside one I took this morning after taking my hair down before I washed it:

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b586/rawpeacelove/3AD59F41-B024-4ECB-A6FC-F08B3EE64C43_zpsfs07vvp0.jpg

jacqueline101
January 27th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Your hair looks great and has made a lot of growth in two years. I do wish you happy growing.

lapushka
January 27th, 2015, 01:26 PM
From almost APL to past waist, amazing! :D

cosmic crusader
January 27th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Your hair looks great and has made a lot of growth in two years. I do wish you happy growing.

Thank you so much! Right back at you :]

cosmic crusader
January 27th, 2015, 02:31 PM
From almost APL to past waist, amazing! :D

I am so happy about it! Thank you! It still feels short though, grrr! :]

Tussi
January 27th, 2015, 02:51 PM
That's some impreasive growth! Happy hairiversary :applause

swearnsue
January 27th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Incredible growth and beautiful hair!

jacqueline101
January 27th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Thank you so much! Right back at you :]

Thank you.

Daylilly
January 27th, 2015, 04:37 PM
WOW! Amazing! congrats on 2 years.

Amapola
January 27th, 2015, 08:09 PM
You've made fantastic progress and your hair looks terrific! Cheers to two years! :beercheer:

Flowerness
January 27th, 2015, 09:15 PM
Fantastic growth! And what beautiful hair you have! Fantastic!

nookan
January 27th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Happy hairniversary! Wow that is incredible, i am the same 'experiment wise' I tried a lot of things but settled for a low key W/C. I hope to have great results like yours over two years and the condition of your hair is aslo impressive! Bravo

hanne jensen
January 28th, 2015, 01:12 AM
That is some Growth for only 2 years. What's your secret?

CurlMonster
January 28th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Your hair looks beautiful, very sleek and healthy! :)

Squiggy
January 28th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Beautiful hair and great growth!

cosmic crusader
January 28th, 2015, 09:22 AM
That is some Growth for only 2 years. What's your secret?

Is it?? Sometimes I feel like it hardly budges for months!

I think the biggest key has been only having one official trim, and I asked the stylist to only take a half inch off. I think she took more, though. When I make the time to S&D, that seems to help as well. I really only do a thorough job every several months. Other than that, when I stopped the experimenting and returned to regular W/C every other or every few days, the moisture really started retaining. I only comb wet in the shower, which has been really good for my fine hair. I try not to touch it much otherwise :]

cosmic crusader
January 28th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Happy hairniversary! Wow that is incredible, i am the same 'experiment wise' I tried a lot of things but settled for a low key W/C. I hope to have great results like yours over two years and the condition of your hair is aslo impressive! Bravo

Good for you!! The experimenting was super fun, and taught me a lot, but in the end, keeping it simple has been the best for my hair and scalp. You will have great results! I think the hardest part is patience... and honestly, my hair feels APL to me most days! :justy:

cosmic crusader
January 28th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words Squiggy, CurlMonster, Flowerness, Amapola, Lapushka, Tussi, Swearnsue, and Daylilly! :blossom:

browneyedsusan
January 30th, 2015, 07:17 PM
:thud:

Holy :poop: ! NICE growth!!!

So pretty!!!

Five of Five
January 30th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Your hair looks absolutely lovely! I'm glad you've found a simple routine which so obviously works for you.

It must be a nice bonus to have such a fast growth rate as well; it looks like you'll reach TBL in no time!

patienceneeded
January 30th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Wow! Wonderful progress! Your hair looks great!

gthlvrmx
January 30th, 2015, 08:17 PM
That is some great growth! Congratulations! :)

MiamiPineapple
January 31st, 2015, 07:18 AM
wow great growth beautiful shine!

Mimha
January 31st, 2015, 07:44 AM
It's so encouraging to see how healthy and long your hair has grown in 2 years ! Congratulation and thanks to have shared ! It's really hope giving^^ :)

Red'N'Curly
January 31st, 2015, 11:15 AM
I love your hemline! So romantic.

cosmic crusader
February 9th, 2015, 09:32 AM
I love your hemline! So romantic.

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I'm going for :]]

Also thank you browneyedsusan, five of five, mime, miamipineapple, gothlvrmx, and patienceneeded! :beerchug:

Agnieszka
February 9th, 2015, 02:55 PM
I can't believe you are F/ii, your hair looks really thick! I'm F/ii at shoulder length at the moment so your pictures gave me some hope :-) Beautiful hair and lot's of growth.

cosmic crusader
February 9th, 2015, 05:08 PM
I can't believe you are F/ii, your hair looks really thick! I'm F/ii at shoulder length at the moment so your pictures gave me some hope :-) Beautiful hair and lot's of growth.

Aw, thank you!! You just made my day! It looks a lot thicker when it's messy... which it definitely is in that photo, haha! What has helped me make the most of the thickness and texture is combing wet in the shower with a lot of conditioner and a wide tooth comb only (I have the Madora), and then pressing in leave-in as soon as I get out. I try not to touch it while it dries. Also, when I put it up, I make it into a giant pin curl and secure with a Ficcare... that buys me the illusion of thickness for a little while :]

Wishing you quick and healthy growth!

FallingDarkness
February 9th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Your hair is so gorgeous. Lovely color, shine, length... And your hair grew sooooo much in 2 years! Wow! O: Congratulations :)

Sarahlabyrinth
February 9th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Wow, such great growth in 2 years! Lovely hair too!

Adiro
February 9th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Amazing! You look stunning,and by the way,this is not" barely there " waist line, it's almost hip length!

Saige
February 10th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Your hair looks great! That's a lot of growth for 2 years.

Johannah
February 10th, 2015, 12:26 AM
AMAZING growth! Congrats!

pixldust
February 10th, 2015, 02:05 AM
That's some epic growth! It looks really lovely, and I hope you reach your next goal as quickly as you got to this one

cosmic crusader
February 10th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Amazing! You look stunning,and by the way,this is not" barely there " waist line, it's almost hip length!

You think so?! It's hard for me to tell; when I pull it to the front it seems to be about 4" shy of hip. Also, it seems so damned short most days! Thank you so much for your words!

cosmic crusader
February 10th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Thank you so much pixldust, johannah, saige, fallingdarkness, and sarahlabyrinth :magic:

laceyfairy
February 10th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Looking great!

Yozhik
February 10th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks like it's in gorgeous condition - look at that sleekness and shine! :inlove:

texangrrl
February 10th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!!! And that's a lot of growth in two years!! :)

CremeTron
February 11th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Excellent progress and your hair looks very happy.

cosmic crusader
February 12th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Thank you for your kind words laceyfairy, yozhic, texangrrl, and cremtron! :puppy:

Savvyhorsez
February 12th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Wow, your hair looks great! Happy Anniversary!

CastaDiva
February 13th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Congratulations on your two year anniversary! Great length progress and beautiful hair :)

Cristina84
February 13th, 2015, 06:45 AM
WONDERFUL hair!!!
what is your secret for this fast grow?? :D

cosmic crusader
February 18th, 2015, 01:56 PM
WONDERFUL hair!!!
what is your secret for this fast grow?? :D

Is it fast?! I wish it were faster, haha. I noticed the most acceleration when I started washing and conditioning every other or every third day. I think it helped my hair retain moisture! Also, I have only had one official trim this whole time, with occasional S&D in between. Lastly, not twisting my buns and instead making them one fat pin curl (less manipulation) has helped, as well as wearing it down more (weird). I just upped my protein intake significantly in the past month and am hoping that will translate to more growth... seems to be helping; I have a ton of baby hairs around my hairline now!

Thank you so much CastaDiva and SavvyHorsez :]