PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions: does this look bad???

Larki
January 26th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I found a recent photo of me and was shocked by my hair. I knew that it had a bit of a gradient and got lighter towards the ends, but I had no idea it was this bad! It never shows up on my indoor length shots. It starts out ashy and then ends up lighter and golden! It looks so stupid!! :( I know there's really nothing to be done, you can't really prevent sun bleaching - but do you guys think it looks bad too?

http://i62.tinypic.com/117wdc5.png

gthlvrmx
January 26th, 2015, 08:39 PM
I think your hair looks beautiful hair! It's really pretty and it looks complex in that braid! Awesome stuff!

Nadine <3
January 26th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I don't think it looks bad at all! To me, it looks like a very pretty ombre affect. People bleach their hair to look like that on purpose! You get the ombre without all the damage :)

Éowyn_GreyEyes
January 26th, 2015, 08:45 PM
I think it's lovely! Like Nadine said, people pay lots of money for that and they don't look nearly as nice as when it's natural :D as long as it's healthy I say it's lots of fun! My ends do the same thing, and like you said, you can't tell until you're in the sun. The only time I worry about bleached looking ends is when they get crunchy from damage.

spidermom
January 26th, 2015, 08:47 PM
I'm offended on your behalf because you say it looks stupid. That's not nice!

My hair was always a different color at the ends than the scalp. It's normal and beautiful. I like it so much that I recently dyed my ends crimson to make an even bigger splash of contrast than I had already.

Kyla
January 26th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I think it's actually very pretty. It's very subtle, many people probably don't notice. :)

Seeshami
January 26th, 2015, 08:55 PM
...........I don't think it gradients as much as you think.

AAAAASPEEEENSOOOOOONG! Is it the lighting causing a drastic difference? And I will give you a cookie for photographer expertise opinionating. You're not working for free I promise. It will be an organic free range potless cookie,

maggiealisa
January 26th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I like it! My hair does the same when it's longer - it's an ashy blonde, but the bottom half is more of a golden blonde.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 26th, 2015, 09:15 PM
I think it's totally gorgeous and if that were my hair I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING!

Ingrid
January 26th, 2015, 09:16 PM
I can barely tell there's a difference, I've seen waaaay more dramatic sun lightening than that. It looks pretty.

Not Lynn Merely
January 26th, 2015, 09:28 PM
I would not have noticed without you pointing it out. I think that is what most medium to light toned natural hair color does. My blonde sister's hair does the same thing.

If it really bothers you, you could start keeping your hair out of the sun the way you do your skin. I have heard of putting sunscreen on it, but wide-brim hats and low buns would be easier. I think you might still get some lightening from years of the detergents in shampoos, though, and simple age of hair.

prettyinpink
January 26th, 2015, 09:30 PM
People pay a lot of money to get their hair like that in a salon. You're blessed

nicolezoie
January 26th, 2015, 09:36 PM
I thought that is what natural blond shades did? I don't think there is anything wrong with it. :)

LongHairLesbian
January 26th, 2015, 11:38 PM
I thought that is what natural blond shades did? I don't think there is anything wrong with it. :)

This is completely correct. Natural blonde hair will look different depending on the lighting, where you are in your wash cycle, time of year, etc. Maybe your ends caught the light in the "right" way, but your roots didn't. Regardless, I don't see anything wrong with the picture. All I could focus on it your beautiful four (or is it five?) strand braid. :)

darklyndsea
January 27th, 2015, 12:34 AM
There's nothing wrong with the way your hair looks, but if you don't like it, you can prevent sun bleaching by keeping it covered whenever you go out into the sun. I just tie on a scarf every time I go out; after a while, it becomes a habit to cover it.

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
January 27th, 2015, 12:37 AM
I definitely don't think it's all that dramatic of a color change. It looks natural and pretty. :flowers: My hair is darker, but it does the same thing- it's very ashy brown at the roots and gets lighter and warmer towards the ends.

Zebra Fish
January 27th, 2015, 12:49 AM
I was taken by the braid. Had to read your post twice to understand what to search for. The braid didn't let me understand :demon: I want to braid like that!

Back on the topic^^ No, I don't see the problem. If you didn't mention it, I probably wouldn't have noticed it anyway. But it is your hair, and as far as I'm concerned, if I see one split in my hair, I think the whole world notices it with reflectors and an arrow pointing towards it. Most hairs do that little natural lightening towards the ends. I remember even Piggy once mentioned that her biggest problem is natural hair lightening (and I always thought asian hair is perfect with no flaws :p). Just live along happily, you got one perfect braid there :D

CremeTron
January 27th, 2015, 07:07 AM
I was expecting something rather dramatic! It looks fine..

schnibbles
January 27th, 2015, 07:13 AM
I'm with everyone else. Actually, at first I didn't even understand what you were talking about. :rolling:
Your hair definitely does not look bad. Your color is perfectly lovely and that braid!

clioariane
January 27th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Umm... I pay a lot of money to get that effect. Be proud!

Stray_mind
January 27th, 2015, 09:00 AM
It looks awesome to me when all kinds of different shades appear in updos.. As a lot of people said, people pay money to get this effect so be happy :)

Madora
January 27th, 2015, 09:04 AM
I found a recent photo of me and was shocked by my hair. I knew that it had a bit of a gradient and got lighter towards the ends, but I had no idea it was this bad! It never shows up on my indoor length shots. It starts out ashy and then ends up lighter and golden! It looks so stupid!! :( I know there's really nothing to be done, you can't really prevent sun bleaching - but do you guys think it looks bad too?

http://i62.tinypic.com/117wdc5.png

Larki, your hair does NOT look bad! It looks healthy and natural and beautiful!! And your braid is wonderful to boot!

lunalocks
January 27th, 2015, 09:14 AM
This is what happens to us blonds/blonettes. It just happens. My tips at almost classic, are much lighter than yours. I am more concerned about the sunlight damaging my fragile ends than the color change. I still have the gradual color change even though my hair is up every day. I am guessing that my lighter ends are remnants of the days when it was at waist and I wore my hair down nearly every day, pre LHC.

During the year that I lived on a sailboat, my hair bleached out to the color of honey. It was amazing.

AspenSong
January 27th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Looks great to me! I haven't seen many natural blondes that didn't have that color change! My hair before all my cassia and bit of henna in the mix started making my ends a bit more red toned, has always been ashy blonde/brown at the roots and naturally lighter all the way down. I think your hair is beautiful.

lapushka
January 27th, 2015, 09:59 AM
What do you mean, it looks bad? A little hair dysmorphia ;) there, because there's nothing wrong with it.

PinkyCat
January 27th, 2015, 10:00 AM
The women that I've always thought were the most beautiful always have that awesome color. Men write songs about that color!

Anje
January 27th, 2015, 11:35 AM
I think it looks lovely. Sorta wish my hair did that cool gradation thing. :D Seems to be a blond-hair thing primarily (though I occasionally see long brown hair with a few blond ringlets at the ends, also very neat.)

meteor
January 27th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I would not have noticed without you pointing it out.

I was taken by the braid. Had to read your post twice to understand what to search for. The braid didn't let me understand :demon: I want to braid like that!

I'm with everyone else. Actually, at first I didn't even understand what you were talking about. :rolling:

What do you mean, it looks bad? A little hair dysmorphia ;) there, because there's nothing wrong with it.

My thoughts exactly! Oh, and I've seen so much ombre hair everywhere that I kept thinking: "hmm, color gradation... but where?" :)

That extremely mild color change is totally normal. In fact, the only way to *not* have it at all on long hair is to dye it to cover up ends getting lighter. Everybody's hair (if sufficiently long) does that to some degree, even with UV filters.

AmandaPanda
January 27th, 2015, 01:14 PM
I probably wouldn't have noticed, if you hadn't pointed it out.
It looks natural and pretty, IMO

ETA: I see someone already said pretty much the same thing. Great minds think alike :)

MINAKO
January 27th, 2015, 01:34 PM
hehehe, i feel you! that why i colour my hair, but then again mine is black and fades to a dull dark brown, i hate that. but on lighter hair it looks much better i think. probably wouldnt change a thing on your hair if it was mine.

ETA: hi lovely asian girl in the background! :o

Larki
January 27th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Haha so I guess the consensus is no, it doesn't look bad. I think I just need to get used to it, I had no idea the color change was so obvious and I'm sure it's only going to get worse as my hair gets longer and older. Thanks everyone!

Daylilly
January 27th, 2015, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't have noticed the change in color. The braid is pretty, is that a four strand or a five strand braid?

yogagirl
January 27th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Not stupid whatsoever. It looks great! I love how blond hair does that, it's such a pretty effect. Actually, even my hair does it a little bit. You can see more red tones further away from my roots. At my roots it looks perfectly brown with no undertones.

Candy88
January 27th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I think it's lovely. Natural hair tends to be lighter at the ends, specially if it's blonde. For me having the same color from roots to ends is really boring!

Larki
January 27th, 2015, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't have noticed the change in color. The braid is pretty, is that a four strand or a five strand braid?

Thank you; it's five.

jacqueline101
January 27th, 2015, 08:49 PM
I think it's lovely too. I have hair that lightens at the ends. I also think natural fading at the ends are nice.

Selchie
January 28th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Bad?
Not at all, not even a bit, not even... OMG

I would (me and many people) totally PAY to look like this! :)

monaaa75
February 20th, 2015, 11:01 AM
it doesnt look bad at all, you can barely see a difference, but i personaly dont like this mousy colour (I got it myself) it seems sad and lifeless to me. I have a theory that whoever looks plain and dull with mousy hair colour would rock light ashy blonde. I recently become blonde and it is my colour for life ;)

3 Cat Night
February 20th, 2015, 11:04 AM
I think it's beautiful! I can hardly see the gradient and wouldn't have noticed it at all if you hadn't pointed it out. Your hair is lovely.

butterflybutton
February 20th, 2015, 11:23 PM
*wistful sigh* I wish my hair did that beautiful gradient naturally. It's such a wonderful effect.