PDA

View Full Version : Silver linings are awesome!

kganihanova
January 26th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Hey y'all, so I'd posted a thread a couple months ago asking about how to tame a halo of new growth and ended up coming to the conclusion that I could cut in side bangs to blend it better. Well, the new growth is grown out and I actually really like having face framing pieces/side bangs and I trim them every month to keep them at cheekbone/jaw length. They give my ponytails/braids/buns looking cute and romantic rather than librarian. Who knew??? I didn't think they'd be nice on me until I tried it!

Yay for silver linings.

Sharysa
January 26th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Funny how things turn out, hm? I wish I could do bangs, but after the years of straightening in high school--no.

Great to know that things worked out for you!

jacqueline101
January 26th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I'm glad things worked out. When I was growing out my pixie parts I thought I was going to cut them in again because they didn't look right. I ignored them let them grow now there are collar bone length like face framing layer and they look like trellis type of effect. Bottom line things work out in the end.

kganihanova
January 26th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Funny how things turn out, hm? I wish I could do bangs, but after the years of straightening in high school--no.

Great to know that things worked out for you!

They've grown out to more of a face frame thing now and can get into braids. I like that I have the option of having them out or putting them up. It helps with liking them on a daily basis, if I have *options*.

meteor
January 26th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Yay! So happy for you, kganihanova! The new growth allows to enjoy bangs, layers, softer buns and then, of course, greater thickness! Yay!

spirals
January 26th, 2015, 03:37 PM
I always have bangs and/or face-framing layers of some kind, even if it's just chin-length bangs. They add a soft, romantic look and can be pinned or headbanded back if you don't want them for the day. And, since they will always be trimmed, I heat-style with impunity.