PDA

View Full Version : Bet you're sick of these... My 1 Year LHC Anniversary! With GIANT PICS OF DOOM!!!!

FallingDarkness
January 26th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I apologize in advance for the large pics of my hair that's not all that pretty today. Air drying as a wavy, you never know what you're gonna get. :P

One year ago I finally consented to joining the LHC, after being very interested in growing my hair long for a few months. I constantly Googled information on how to grow my hair, keep it healthy, and no matter what I typed into a search engine, one of the first 10 sites would be the LHC. After lurking for a while, it seemed foolish to not join, seeing how there was only so much I could learn from the outskirts.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9757&d=1394663916

Bad hair day, but this pic was taken pretty close to my join date. I was hovering right around APL unstretched.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11074&d=1400713874

Reached BSL when I brushed out my waves, here in late May/June I think.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13940&d=1413694129

August/September, brushed out my crazy waves that day, totally didn't work LOL.

And now for today! TADA! My hair isn't looking all that great, oh well, but you can clearly see that I'm ALMOST ALMOST ALMOST waist wavy. And I'm solid waist stretched, so I called it almost one month ago :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15545&d=1422299008

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15546&d=1422299022

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15547&d=1422299032

I've learned so much here on the LHC, and my hair is healthier, softer, and longer, even though it's still not long :( Stupid LHC, ruining my standards on what "long" hair is. I wash my hair once a week, I use coconut oil, I only shampoo my scalp, I use a BBB, I wear my hair up more than I ever have, and I braid it for bed.
Thank you LHC. <3 You're the best.

momschicklets
January 26th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Are you kidding??? I don't get sick of these kinds of posts...I live for them! :) Your hair is just gorgeous....softness I can feel through the screen :crush: Congratulations on your amazing progress!

yogagirl
January 26th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Congrats, your hair looks great! Totally relate to the "you never know what you're gonna get" part, but my waves never looks as even as your do. Your waves are lovely!

hennalonghair
January 26th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Mannnn.....Im sick of all these anniversary threads:justy:

Kidding:rollin:

Your hair looks very healthy and beautiful. What lovely colour you have. Your routine is very much like mine and your one year hair journey is almost identical to mine.
I also just reached waist stretched out.

So WAY TO GOOOO!!!!! :cheer:
A big congratulations are in order. GOOD JOB! :thumbsup:

Nadine <3
January 26th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Your hair is to die for! Love it!

Mustang Suzy
January 26th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Great growth and fantastic pics ~ congrats on your 1 year hairiversary!

Belle Paix
January 26th, 2015, 12:26 PM
I LIVE for these posts! They're inspiring :).
Beautiful waves, thanks for sharing!!

hypersensitive
January 26th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Looks great! I love seeing anniversary posts. Who doesn't?!

TwilightShadow
January 26th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Lovely waves! Are you sure you're only a 2a?

Squiggy
January 26th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Lovely waves! You got some great growth this year!

Rushli
January 26th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Your hair is wonderful! and I love posts like this. It is awesome seeing how everyone's hair changes over a year.

Vanilla
January 26th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Congrats on your hairiversary! I love your wave, it's really pretty!

lapushka
January 26th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Congrats on waist and on your anniversary! :D

Daylilly
January 26th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Your hair looks great! I'm new so these anniversary posts give me hope for healthy long hair. You came a long way in a year.

Daylilly
January 26th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Your hair looks great! I am new here so these anniversary posts give me hope for long healthy hair. You came a long way in a year!

FallingDarkness
January 26th, 2015, 01:42 PM
You guys are so sweet <3 Really, your kind compliments have made my day. :) :) :) I'm blushing furiously I feel so flattered LOL.

Also, I'm unsure if I'm only 2a. My hair might have gotten wavier, but I don't know. :shrug: If anyone cares to retype my hair for me that'd be awesome, because I was pretty tentative in my original typing. . .

meteor
January 26th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Yay! :joy: Happy Hairiversary!!!

I love your gorgeous hair! The texture, the color, the thickness! :thud: Awesome and princess-like hair! :D

TwilightShadow
January 26th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Also, I'm unsure if I'm only 2a. My hair might have gotten wavier, but I don't know. :shrug: If anyone cares to retype my hair for me that'd be awesome, because I was pretty tentative in my original typing. . .

Oh, I'm no expert either. A few posters agreed my hair is 2a and it doesn't have as many defined waves as yours, that's why I was thinking you could be between 2a and 2b. But I'm pretty new myself, so yeah, don't take my word for it. :couch:

spidermom
January 26th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Your color and waves are gorgeous; really awesome length increase, too.

gthlvrmx
January 26th, 2015, 02:10 PM
You have really good growth there! Nice job!

Eastbound&Down
January 26th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I live for these, it gives me hope that I can may e get there one day :)

jacqueline101
January 26th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Your waves and hair is gorgeous. Happy anniversary.

Robot Ninja
January 26th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Excellent progress, and your hair looks so soft and healthy.

Air drying as a wavy, you never know what you're gonna get. :P
Quoted for truth.

I've learned so much here on the LHC, and my hair is healthier, softer, and longer, even though it's still not long Stupid LHC, ruining my standards on what "long" hair is
In the "real world" outside of LHC it would be considered long! Another year at the rate you're growing, and it'll be pretty long by LHC standards too.

yahirwaO.o
January 26th, 2015, 02:54 PM
OH MY LOR.......:agape:

Your hair is simply perfection... the waves, the colour, the shine, the thickness, the lenght..... I can continue u know... :p

Crumpet
January 26th, 2015, 04:03 PM
These are my FAVORITE threads! Your hair looks amazing -- and I sympathize with your wavy issues (how will it look today? when am I really at waist?). Your hair looks lovely!!

FallingDarkness
January 26th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Robot Ninja I really hope that I can get to Long by LHC Standards by Year 2 here. That way maybe I'll feel better about my hair :P And yeah, most people I talk to think that my hair is long, but I just can't see it. . . Oh well.

yahirwaO.o thank you so much. Nobody has ever compared my hair to perfection, so that might have been the nicest compliment I have ever received!!!

Avis
January 26th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Just beautiful. Very inspiring. Congrats on your LHC anniversary and many happy returns. :toast:

Olympias7
January 26th, 2015, 04:33 PM
This is such a great post! As a recent member, I have already learned a great deal. I hope to be where you are a year from now! Thanks :)

Ingrid
January 26th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Definitely not sick of these... Beautiful hair, just stunning. Congratulations!

jasper
January 26th, 2015, 04:57 PM
I love anniversary threads, and year 1 can be the most dramatic. Congrats! And I definitly feel some hair envy!

Sarahlabyrinth
January 26th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I can never get enough of anniversary threads! Gorgeous hair, a lovely length and congrats on your first hairiversary!

Your hair can only get MORE gorgeous in your next year:)

Khristopher
January 26th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Those waves!!!!! :thud: and such a lovely color!! Congratz :D

DreamSheep
January 27th, 2015, 01:26 AM
:thud:

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!
You have incredible waves, your hair has grown so much, you have a beautiful hair colour... :thud:
I find these threads quite inspirational myself - and in case it isn't clear enough -your hair is lovely lovely lovely <3

DreamSheep
January 27th, 2015, 01:27 AM

You have incredible waves, your hair has grown so much, you have a beautiful hair colour... :thud:
I find these threads quite inspirational myself - and in case it isn't clear enough -your hair is lovely lovely lovely <3

Stray_mind
January 27th, 2015, 02:50 AM
Your hair is very beautiful and grows really fast! Congrats on your Hairiversary :D :blossom:

Stiria
January 27th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Gorgeous hair! You got some great growth too!

FallingDarkness
January 27th, 2015, 04:23 PM

Your kind words are so inspiring and kind. :) Thank you so much. You're too sweet.

missblueeyes
January 27th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Your hair is one of my favourites out there! The waves look marvellous. :crush:
I also live for any posts with a lot of pictures in them so keep 'em anniversary posts comin'! :D

Fairlight63
January 27th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Your hair is so pretty! Great growth! You are an inspiration!

Jennah
February 14th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Gorgeous hair!!! :thud:

FallingDarkness
February 14th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Gorgeous hair!!! :thud:

Coming from you, Jennah, wow. That means the world to me.

Sterlyn
February 14th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Nope I never get tired of anniversary threads, especially when they have lots of pics of gorgeous hair........:p

Seriously, your hair has grown a lot in a year and the texture and waves are just lovely.

Quasiquixotic
February 14th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Just beautiful!

skyblue
February 14th, 2015, 02:27 PM
congrats! Looks great good job!

girlcat36
February 14th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Oooohhh, your hair looks so pretty!

fiabia
February 14th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Ihh, can't see the pictures :(

FallingDarkness
February 14th, 2015, 05:11 PM
All of my pictures are in my albums, if you're still curious :P

MicheleZ
February 14th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Beautiful - great anniversary pics!

hannabiss
February 14th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Hair anniversaries are what its all about. Lovely hair!

Creagan
February 15th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Wow, it looks so soft! Congratulations!

RavennaNight
February 15th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Beautiful hair! Happy Hairyversary! :cheer:

sarahthegemini
February 15th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Your hair looks beautiful! I can't wait for mine to get past this awkward length!

And I hear you on the unpredictable wavy hair thing! I never know what to expect of my hair, I'm always surprised.