PDA

View Full Version : Help growing out layers

cat-lady
January 26th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone,
my hair is naturally very fine there isn't much to it at all unfortunately :(
my length is around mid back at the moment but I made the mistake of feathering the sides to disguise a growing out fringe (another mistake!) it starts around my nose then tapers but as my hair is so fine it looks like half my hair has gone and it looks so short from the front D:
has anyone any tips on quickly growing layers out?
or any hairstyles to disguise it until it has evened out with the back? I must admit I hate updos on me, they always look really unflattering on me (I normally wear my hair down to frame my face or if up leave parts down at the front) but i'm willing to try anything! :)
thank you in advance

spidermom
January 26th, 2015, 10:59 AM
The best tip I have is to get busy with other things in your life so that you are not so focused on hair growth rate.

salomers
January 26th, 2015, 11:13 AM
You only have the options of waiting it out and cut little by little until you get rid of them or do a big cut. I would suggest you wait it out and just try to wear it up with a few face framing bits and try to forget about it.

Nadine <3
January 26th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I had layers like that, I ended up maintaining at APL for a year. I still have some layers left in the front but they're not quite as annoying now that they're longer. I suggest cutting all or half your growth each month to slowly remove them.

yahirwaO.o
January 26th, 2015, 03:11 PM
I had layers like that, I ended up maintaining at APL for a year. I still have some layers left in the front but they're not quite as annoying now that they're longer. I suggest cutting all or half your growth each month to slowly remove them.

This!!!!! I also recomend imporving french-dutch braiding techniques and alll heatless curls-waves u can try aka sock bun, headband etc...... It disguises imperfections and makes the look overall stylish.....

rina06
January 26th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Headband curls! I've been wearing this updo since December where I made the mistake of layers, and although I dont mind the shoulder length it is at the moment when left wavy, the layers were dissatisfying. Hiding them by tucking them in my elastic hairband keep them in place and I get defined ringlets when i take it out. Definitely worth a shot