PDA

View Full Version : Hair Loss Prevention

M.McDonough
January 24th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone

What is the best way to avoid hair loss?
Sometimes, when I comb out my hair, I notice hair tangled in the comb and it really ticks me off. I feel terrible when a hair that's been growing out on my head for so long falls out. Is there anything I can do to stop hair loss?

http://i.imgur.com/lndAs3Z.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
January 24th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Well, it's normal to lose up to 150 hairs every day, so I wouldn't worry about it - unless your hair is coming out by the handful and becoming noticeably thinner. Just comb gently at all times, eat good nutritious food, drink plenty of water and get some exercise. Nourish your hair from the inside. Try a daily scalp massage if you wish, also.

Just remember, some hair loss daily is completely normal.

M.McDonough
January 24th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Well, it's normal to lose up to 150 hairs every day, so I wouldn't worry about it - unless your hair is coming out by the handful and becoming noticeably thinner. Just comb gently at all times, eat good nutritious food, drink plenty of water and get some exercise. Nourish your hair from the inside. Try a daily scalp massage if you wish, also.

Just remember, some hair loss daily is completely normal.

Actually I have thick hair..I'll upload a photo

Jonquil
January 25th, 2015, 12:09 AM
The best things you can do are to eat balanced, nutritious meals (watch your iron intake as iron deficiency can cause hair loss, but don't take iron supplements unless your doctor is supervising it), and manage your stress level to be as low as reasonably possible for you. Some people shed much more hair than others daily and never have thinning problems. Unless your hair loss is hereditary (i.e. male pattern baldness or female pattern hair loss), any hair that falls out will grow back. If there is a sudden increase in the amount of hair you shed, look back two to three months to see if you made any changes in medication, diet, or other big life changes. For example, I always have a month of increased shedding two months after stressful final exam periods in university.

M.McDonough
January 25th, 2015, 02:03 AM
I try to take some multi-vitamins and yes stress is horrible as you said. I don't think I have a problem. I think I have a HAIR OBSESSION!!

darklyndsea
January 25th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Hair does a lot of little things that can worry you when you start paying more attention to it: sheds, hairs with weird texture, etc. But as long as the overall condition of your hair isn't changing in a negative way, try not to worry about them. All that stress is bad for your hair! :P

vega
January 25th, 2015, 03:23 AM
Hi your hair looks a little dry are you using a moisturizing conditioner also drinking plenty of water helps good luck

M.McDonough
January 25th, 2015, 04:17 AM
up up up up

M.McDonough
January 25th, 2015, 04:18 AM
Hi your hair looks a little dry are you using a moisturizing conditioner also drinking plenty of water helps good luck

I remember that I straightened out my hair right before I took this picture. I'm using tresemme conditioner ''platinum strength''

vega
January 26th, 2015, 04:12 AM
[QUOTE=M.McDonough;2926800]I remember that I straightened out my hair right before I took this picture. I've using tresemme conditioner ''platinum strength''[/QUOTE
Maybe avoid hair straightener if you care about healthy hair growth they suck the life out of hair , if u do continue to straighten are you using heat protectant.?

lapushka
January 26th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Try measuring the circumference of your ponytail. Measure it bi-yearly or yearly. It can vary due to seasonal sheds (which is completely normal, and which is why I recommend not re-measuring too much). This number will hopefully put your mind at ease and put you into a category (i, ii, or iii). Try typing your hair as well. These are the basics for keeping up with your hair.

Shedding is absolutely *normal* and you shouldn't worry so much about it. As long as it isn't getting more than you are used to, it's fine.

MINAKO
January 26th, 2015, 08:31 AM
i have hair tangled in my comb too and wouldnt know how to shed otherwise, since i wear my hair up all the time. it will end up somewhere... if not there then the drain or eventually the vacuum cleaner.
of course thinning would be a sign, but an alarming one already, because noticing hairloss and stopping it are two whole different pages.
i would count it. like every day for two weeks and get an average of that. if that would be 150 you could see me running to the doctors. there may or may be people who can get away with that depending on their density and/or growth rate, but i think it should not exeed 50. i personally loose like 5-20 a day and probably twice that on washday.

M.McDonough
January 29th, 2015, 01:46 AM
[QUOTE=M.McDonough;2926800]I remember that I straightened out my hair right before I took this picture. I've using tresemme conditioner ''platinum strength''[/QUOTE
Maybe avoid hair straightener if you care about healthy hair growth they suck the life out of hair , if u do continue to straighten are you using heat protectant.?

Yes, TRESemme defence styling spray!

monaaa75
February 20th, 2015, 10:57 AM
use oils, they really help with maintaining healthy scalp and hair