PDA

View Full Version : My first hair compliment. :)

Saldana
January 24th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Since I cut my TBL hair to a long pixie a couple of years ago (to avoid a dye grow out), my hair hasn't attracted much attention at all, except for a couple of hair dressers trimming my bangs recently who both commented on the thickness of my hair.

But last night, I was walking out of the grocery store to my car. There was a very light rain falling (misting rain), and my now BSL hair was completely down. As I walked toward the car, I noticed two women walking toward me, and the older one was kind of staring at me. As I passed them, I glanced directly at her, and I guess she realized she was staring, because she said "Sorry....but you have _beautiful_ hair!" I smiled and thanked her, and continued to the car.

Made my day!! :)

yogagirl
January 24th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Awww, that is great! Wonderful way to start the weekend :)

arr
January 24th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Im happy for you! It feels good to get a hair compliment. Even though we can appreciate the beauty of our own hair, somehow it just seems like when someone else notices, we've "arrived".

Stiria
January 24th, 2015, 09:17 AM
That is so nice! :o

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Aren't hair compliments great. They last a life time the memory of your first hair compliment.

spidermom
January 24th, 2015, 10:01 AM
I like that; how very nice.

Nadine <3
January 24th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Aww, That's awesome! I hope I get my first real life hair compliment soon! Maybe when it's longer.

meteor
January 24th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Aww, that's awesome! Congrats to you and to your beautiful hair! :cheer:
And I promise you, you'll be getting more and more compliments as it's growing longer! :D
Here's to many, many new hair compliments! :toast:

Saldana
January 24th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Thank you all - it was really encouraging to me. I've made a firm commitment to never coloring my hair again, and letting the grays come in as they will. My family tells me it looks nice, but sometimes I still struggle with thinking it's drab. So to have a complete stranger tell me in a parking lot that it was beautiful....well, that felt pretty good. :)

swearnsue
January 24th, 2015, 06:36 PM
How wonderful to get a compliment like that, right from the heart. Congrats!