PDA

View Full Version : Yes to Carrots formula change

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 12:40 AM
I was in the store the other day browsing hair supplies, of course. They had an older bottle of Yes to Carrots conditioner and a newer one. The ingredients are different in the new bottles. I haven't tried it yet so I don't really know what's going to happen. That was my favorite conditioner. They didn't have any of the shampoo so I couldn't check the ingredients on that. I'm just all frustrated about the conditioner. I hate shopping for a new one. At least I've got time to figure it out. I have a couple bottles of conditioner stored in the closet.

swearnsue
January 21st, 2015, 10:23 AM
Yes to Carrots is one of my favorites too. Figures they would change the formula, it always happens when I find a product I really like. Thanks for letting us know so we won't be surprised.

Hootenanny
January 21st, 2015, 10:26 AM
OH NO!!!! Gah, why why why do they always do this???

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 10:29 AM
Me thinks it might have something to do with buyouts and the pursuit of the almighty lord known as profit.

Hootenanny
January 21st, 2015, 10:32 AM
I'm gonna have to hit the stores when I have time later this week and see if I can stock up on some of the old bottles.

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 10:36 AM
I was kind of expecting it as they did change the design on the bottles a while ago. Look at the percentage (front near bottom) on the one you have at home before you go shopping and compare. If they don't match it's the changed formula.

Hootenanny
January 21st, 2015, 10:39 AM
I was kind of expecting it as they did change the design on the bottles a while ago. Look at the percentage (front near bottom) on the one you have at home before you go shopping and compare. If they don't match it's the changed formula.

Ah, good idea! Thanks for the tip! Also, where did you go that you saw both the old and new formula being sold? (If you don't mind saying.)

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 10:42 AM
I think I was in Kroger, but I've bought yes to Carrots at Kroger, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Meijer, and probably some other place I forgot.

Valkyriejae
January 21st, 2015, 12:46 PM
What are the specific ingredients that have changed? Im actually hopeful, cause i loved sytc but it makes me shed, so maybe the new formula wont :)

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 01:30 PM
I don't remember and didn't take a picture. I'm not at home right now so you will have to do some detective work.

Valkyriejae
January 21st, 2015, 02:03 PM
Okay! If/When I find it, I'll post it here in case anyone else is curious :)

ETA: Is this the scalp relief or the nourishing conditionner? (The one in the cyclindrical bottle, or the more blob-shaped bottle?) I'm guessing it's not the pampering conditionner, since that one doesn't seem very common?

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 02:22 PM
The nourishing conditioner I believe. It's in the same size and shape bottles as the shampoo.

Valkyriejae
January 21st, 2015, 02:40 PM
There are also multiple shampoos... Is the bottle a perfect cyclinder (circlular top&bottom with straight sides) or is it a more irregular shape (the top is rounded, it's wider across the front than from front to back)?

ETA: Is it option A or B, from the links below:

A: http://www.yestocarrots.com/product/yes-to-carrots-pampering-conditioner?product_id=1221008

B: http://www.yestocarrots.com/product/yes-to-carrots-scalp-relief-conditioner?product_id=1211606

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 02:43 PM
Definitely option A. I didn't even know they had more than one shampoo. I figured they might have multiple conditioners. That does make things confusing.

Valkyriejae
January 21st, 2015, 05:21 PM
Okay, here's all the ingredient info I could find, with descriptions of where I got it. I'm not 100% sure which is the original and which is the new, but anyone with a bottle at home can check and see if which set it matches (and that should be the old, I guess?)

Currently on Yes To website, also posted in a review on Jan 24, 2014:
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Juice, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Maris Aqua, Maris Limus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Seed Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Ipomoea Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate

From Amazon.com, list of ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Silt (Maris Limus), Magnesium Chloride, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey (Mel) Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Cetrimonium Chloride, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract.

From Amazon.com, list on picture of bottle, also listed on Target.com:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Sea Water, Sea Silt Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Geraniol

List of ingredients from 2010, from review, cited sourced from CurlyNikki:
Spring Water, Dead Sea Water, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Olea Europa (Olive) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey (Mel) Extract, Fragrance (Parfum).

Hootenanny
January 21st, 2015, 06:32 PM
Okay, so mine is the Pampering Conditioner, and the ingredient list on mine is the first one you posted (from the YTC website), Valkyriejae. And Brickworld13, thanks for the info on shops where you've purchased it! I'll try hitting my local Target sometime this week!

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 06:41 PM
Hootenanny, I usually can't find it with the other hair care supplies. It's often in a small section of "natural" hair and body care products.