PDA

View Full Version : Looks like us longhairs are 'on trend' for spring 2015

Viola88
January 20th, 2015, 04:23 PM
:D with our big buns, mixed media, braids, and long tails :D

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/hair/advice/g4328/spring-2015-hair-trends/?slide=20

DreamSheep
January 21st, 2015, 05:11 AM
I saw a Hawser braid!

Can't say I love the oil-slick hairstyles

and...

Updos!

Those are my reactions. :) I'm not the trendiest person though, so I don't mind either way! :P

Stiria
January 21st, 2015, 05:33 AM
The hair in those "out of the water" pictures looks like mine when I stretch washes. I thought I was gross and lazy, but I am actually trendy? Well, if you say so :cool:

Majorane
January 21st, 2015, 06:22 AM
Hah, braids, and buns! Hooray! Great! But, why have some of those young ladies slept in their hair and make-up? Did they have to get up so early for the shoot, the hair stylist and make up artist did their hair the day before so they could sleep in? Someone should give them a cotton pad with cleanser, and discreetly tell them they have some panda-eye going on....

I never got that slept-in look, both make up wise and in braids

ETA: Well, I get it a lot, actually, because I fall asleep on the couch with full make up face sometimes, but I don't 'get' it.... get it? Erhm

chen bao jun
January 21st, 2015, 07:11 AM
That was enjoyable.

Knifegill
January 21st, 2015, 07:57 AM
Mixed materials will be nice, as a guy. I might be able to get away with using old stuff to tie my hair back and not be considered a total hobo.

Savvyhorsez
January 21st, 2015, 08:05 AM
Whoohoo! I still don't see any hair sticks yet, but some felxi-8s in my area.

Caraid♫
January 21st, 2015, 08:10 AM
oo, I liked the mixed materials pic (kinda like mainstream hairtoys!)
the "out of the water" look is interesting.... maybe it'll just be a way for me to feel better about all those days that my hair is greasy ;) all in the name of fashion!

lapushka
January 21st, 2015, 08:12 AM
Yeah... I see a lot of extensions in some people's future. ;)

Majorane
January 21st, 2015, 08:21 AM
Yeah... I see a lot of extensions in some people's future. ;)

Speaking of extensions, I see a lot of ads on this board going "Wholesale Remy hair! Factory prices". ....because hair comes from ...a ...factory..?

That would be pretty amazing, one big hall with men and women reclining on nice sofas or excersizing on fancy exuipmen, while being fed wholesome snacks and getting lovely scalp massages, so they can grow their hair long and fast, for the factory to cut when it is long enough. Sounds like a pretty decent job :D

#derail #sorryi'llshutupnow

hanne jensen
January 21st, 2015, 08:41 AM
Looks like I'm in style for once! Ha, ha. Next season will probably be bald.

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 08:43 AM
Majorane, I think that mythical factory would be a fabulous job. :rollin:

missblueeyes
January 21st, 2015, 08:45 AM
Majorane, I think that mythical factory would be a fabulous job. :rollin:

Not if you think about that your hair WILL get cut off sooner or later. :run:

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 08:50 AM
Not if you think about that your hair WILL get cut off sooner or later. :run:

If I was expecting it, it really wouldn't bother me. Cuts aren't really traumatic for me. It does grow back with time. Obsessing over hair just isn't my thing. Neglect is more my style.

StellaKatherine
January 21st, 2015, 09:03 AM
It would be cool to be IN the trend.. But... why don't they comb their hair at all ? I don't get it....

MINAKO
January 21st, 2015, 09:05 AM
ugh, the extensions industry is scary. there are retailers who offer as much as 3tons of hair stock capacity per months. must be an awful lot of people in need for the little money they actually get paid to go from midthigh to bob.

but yay, if long hair is on trend now we can expect a few more hairtoys to pop up in stores sooner or later. there is literally nothing in drugstores or beauty supplies that would be capable of holding my hair... NOTHING!!
the only hairsticks i have seen last season were solb by other stories and while the quality was decent, the looked completely not usable because of the blunt shaped ends.

speaking of hairtoys, i think if ficcare was to team up with a makor designer i would finally be lucky enough to find one i like. i hate every single one i could currently buy from the german websites.

Majorane
January 21st, 2015, 09:06 AM
If I was expecting it, it really wouldn't bother me. Cuts aren't really traumatic for me. It does grow back with time. Obsessing over hair just isn't my thing. Neglect is more my style.

Yeah, I mean, while you're growing you'd still be able to strut it around when off the clock, right, and then enjoying all possibilities for all lenghts! And even after a harvest, it would still be at ponytail lenghts, for more economical regrowing and also easier harvest.

And all our co-workers would be longhairs too, how awesome. :hooched:

brickworld13
January 21st, 2015, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I mean, while you're growing you'd still be able to strut it around when off the clock, right, and then enjoying all possibilities for all lenghts! And even after a harvest, it would still be at ponytail lenghts, for more economical regrowing and also easier harvest.

And all our co-workers would be longhairs too, how awesome. :hooched:

I'm in. :beercheer:

LongCurlyTress
January 21st, 2015, 09:53 AM
We are sooooooooo ahead of the fashion curve! Nice!! :toast: Not too thrilled with the slick backed "wet look" pics, but hey, our chignons are in style!!! ;) :happydance: Thanks for posting this link Viola88!! ;)

Hootenanny
January 21st, 2015, 10:48 AM
Vaguely creepy, made of cheese, and totally on trend, that's LHC for ya! :lol::lol::lol:

LongCurlyTress
January 21st, 2015, 10:51 AM
Vaguely creepy, made of cheese, and totally on trend, that's LHC for ya! :lol::lol::lol:

And... located "At the cliffs of insanity!" too funny! :happydance:

RapunzelKat
January 21st, 2015, 11:08 AM
And... located "At the cliffs of insanity!" too funny! :happydance:

The cliffs of insanity??
Inconceivable! :lol:

Achlys
January 21st, 2015, 11:33 AM
There were some nice combs. (http://hbz.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/03/480x720/54bc27f6b7017_-_ay-hair-trends-accessories-bottega-veneta-clpa-rs15-5592-lg.jpg) That's almost like a hair fork, right?

meteor
January 21st, 2015, 11:39 AM
Great stuff! :D I must say, I really like all these trends, and they are as long-hair-friendly as fashion ever goes!
- Lots of buns and braids;
- Lots of hairtoys and new types of hair ties;
- "Wet look" - ideal for stretching washes;
- Boho waves everywhere - super-easy to to with overnight braiding/bunning.

LongHairLesbian
January 21st, 2015, 01:33 PM
Lovely! I am not surprised though, I see the evidence of long hair being "in" every day. Girls my age and younger all seem to love my long hair, and I frequently see them rocking braids and low heat/heat free textures. When I went to work wearing twin braids, a pair of teenaged girls ogled them while they were in line, and when they got up to my counter, they gushed over how long and healthy my hair is. When I told them hair like mine is the result of benign neglect and protective styling, they were like "okay I'm going to try that then". Whether they took my tips or not, at least low maintenance, low manipulation hair care is becoming more accepted, even if there are people who don't prefer it for themselves. :)

ETA: the "wet" look is in now? Fantastic! Means I can start stretching washes even further! In fact, today is a "wet look" day, totally intentional, of course. ;)

Slightly disappointed that they didn't include any styles for type 3 and 4 hair folks. :/

MINAKO
January 21st, 2015, 01:48 PM
There were some nice combs. (http://hbz.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/03/480x720/54bc27f6b7017_-_ay-hair-trends-accessories-bottega-veneta-clpa-rs15-5592-lg.jpg) That's almost like a hair fork, right?

omg, i would totally want these! x_X

lapushka
January 21st, 2015, 01:53 PM
It would be cool to be IN the trend.. But... why don't they comb their hair at all ? I don't get it....

Mine's not combed or brushed throughout the week either, only right before a wash it gets detangled. ;)

Breanna
January 21st, 2015, 02:24 PM
I can't say any of these pics are that appealing to me...But maybe once long hair becomes trendy, taking good care of your ends and length will become part of being fashionable too, which is what I'd really like to see ;) and I'd also like to see teasing die with many other awful trends but that's just me....
anyway this was neat to see, thanks for sharing!

TwilightShadow
January 22nd, 2015, 12:53 AM
Haha, if the wet look is trendy now, than I guess my 7th day hair is not so ugly looking anymore. Long hair has been "in" for quite some time, i work with students at Uni and there are some girls who wear their hair long (i.e. according to LHC standards, not APL or BSL).

kganihanova
January 22nd, 2015, 05:58 AM
Mine's not combed or brushed throughout the week either, only right before a wash it gets detangled. ;)

But yours is up most of the time right? These girls have a different look.

chen bao jun
January 22nd, 2015, 07:22 AM
The ancient Romans used to do that. Keep blonde British or german slaves on the country estates growing hair that was cut off for wigs. When they were decadent (blonde hair sort of signified loose woman). I don't think life was good for the slaves at all though they must have been nourished so the hair could grow nicely.

They sell very similar combs on ebay. Notice they are not holding up her hair, they are decoration. I have some I am playing around with, some hold your hair up a little but they are not like forks. Maybe I don't have the techniques yet or maybe I don't have strong enough combs

starlamelissa
January 22nd, 2015, 08:00 AM
That was fun!

lapushka
January 22nd, 2015, 08:48 AM
But yours is up most of the time right? These girls have a different look.

Yep it is! :D