PDA

View Full Version : Does your haircare routine change with the seasons?

Teakafrog
September 29th, 2008, 12:16 PM
It's fall, so I'm contemplating when to go back to CO. I have to use shampoo in the summer--too sweaty and greasy for CO. But in winter, can't use shampoo--gets way too dry. Anyone else change with the seasons, or do you keep it the same all year around?

mira-chan
September 29th, 2008, 12:22 PM
My routine changes with the weather. I tend to wash more often in the summer. In the winter I can go two weeks without washing. I also use more oil, especially more on the scalp in the winter. My scalp doesn't sweat but the summer humidity helps the hair and scalp be less dry. In the winter I need the oil to protect the hair and make it so the scalp skin doesn't feel tight or flake from dryness.

Haith
September 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yes, definately! I live in Canada, so there is a large difference in the climate here as the seasons change. Also, winter means I'm in school so I have to accomodate the change in environments.

In the summer I tend to wash my hair more frequently and with shampoo, but in the winter I can't. I have dry skin anyways, and my scalp gets far too dry from shampooing, even if its only 2 times a week. Also, my hair is fine and the air at my university is dry so I tend to get very static at school.
For these reasons, my routine changes in winter. I wash less, and when I do I CO, and I use more oils on my length to help keep in moisture. I will probably also end up needing more SMT's, or other similar moisture treatments to combat dry indoor air.
Also, I wear my hair up more so that its not rubbing on my wool sweaters (static attack!) or getting caught in my coat or bag, or between my back and chair at school.

It has already started getting cold here, so my routine is already changing!

Gladtobemom
September 29th, 2008, 12:47 PM
It's not so much the seasons as how busy I am.

When I'm less busy, I usually do an SMT or other deep treatment every week. If I'm really busy, I just oil it with coconut oil and wash the next day.

For summer, I've been doing a scalp wash more often with lowfat coconut milk on the length, which has been working out quite well. It's less time consuming, which is really nice.

Samikha
September 29th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I chose Yes, but change for other reasons because I'm trying a lot of different things according to what my hair needs, not depending on the weather (although it certainly may be a factor). And also because in the past I've done the same thing for years at a time:rolleyes: Why change what doesn't work, right?

ladyshannonanne
September 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I'm in southern California, so there's only about a 40 degree difference from summer to winter, and that's on extreme days. My routine is pretty much the same all the time.

Nanni
September 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Yes, my hair needs much more moisture and protection when it's cold outside. I put it up every day to keep my hair away from zippers and frost.

TwirlyTresses
September 29th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I wash more often in the summer, and do a lot more scalp washes in the winter so my hair will dry faster and I won't have to go outside with it wet.

Adrienne
September 29th, 2008, 10:56 PM
my routine is always co-wash and add product, ( usually a gel or a leave in or some combanation of both) air dry, sometimes I shampoo when needed. the reason that I voted that my routine changes, but does not change with the season it changes for other reasons is becuase I am CONSTANTLY changing up products I love to try new products people like me are the reason the term product junkie was invented!!! :blushing:

Finoriel
September 30th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Yes it does change with temperatures.
Very hot or very cold weather seem to lead to washing one or two days earlier than I need to when the temperatures are moderate.
In winter I use other oil mixes / mister recipes than in summer.

sexyjacksparrow
September 30th, 2008, 06:06 AM
No I don't change with the seasons.

paper
September 30th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I don't change my routine with the seasons. I'm new at growing my hair and learning what my hair needs. :hmm: Maybe I will be changing for the seasons.

prosperina
September 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
We have 6months of hot/summer weather and 6 months of nice weather. (Or sometimes 7 and 5), so I don't change my routine much. It's dry all the time, so I try to oil and do other moisturizing things.

Speckla
September 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I use sulfate and cones in the summer and cowashing in the winter.
________
Honda RA300 history (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_RA300)

Gumball
September 30th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I change my routine often, but not always with the seasons. Sometimes seasonal changes might prompt a routine change. I really pull the ol' switcheroo when I feel a change might be beneficial or I may want to try out something. I did a little extra clarifying two weeks ago and my hair was still feeling a bit dry and after a WO wash (haven't done one in a while) I'm much happier.

AlleyKitten
September 30th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I tend to wash my hair less in the winter because of how little I want to go outside in the cold with wet hair, and because I want the extra oil to protect my hair from warm fuzzy hats. I also have to change my hairstyles to accommodate the hats. That's most of it though.

sky
October 1st, 2008, 12:56 AM
I do pretty much the same thing year-round. Here in The Beautiful Pacific Northwest, it can be "summer" or "winter" pretty much any time.

:lol:

sky

Arctic_Mama
October 1st, 2008, 04:38 AM
Absolutely my routine needs adjusting, though in the past I have noticed unhappy hair and not changed anything (lazy bum!). I live in a cold, dry, windy area (Alaska!) and when it's getting well below zero ANYTHING that dries my hair out is no good. I am considering going around with heavy coconut oilings most of the time to protect it as much as possible and switching temporarily to CO except for a shampoo clarifying every month. I only wash my hair once or twice a week as is but it just needs something more moist and rich when the weather turns.

Monsterkitti
October 1st, 2008, 04:42 AM
I havent really had a routine during the winter before so dont really know yet but thinking heavier oiling and updo's most of the time will be best for the colder weather. That and finding a good hat :)

Carolyn
October 1st, 2008, 04:54 AM
I CO about 80% of the time both summer and winter. My hair craves moisture no matter what the weather.

Patrycja
October 1st, 2008, 08:10 AM
I have found that I need to apply more oils in the winter months.The dry heat in my house just zaps all moisture out of my hair...during the summer,I have to stay away from protein or I'm dealing with a rough hot mess.

Loreyanne_H
October 1st, 2008, 09:34 AM
My routine changes, but only slightly: in summer I add oils - in winter I prefer butters, especially mango butter. In summer I do more henna, in winter less. In summer I avoid using hairdryer, in winter I have to, due to an incumbent headache if I don't. In summer I do chamomile rinse, in winter citric acid rinse...

That's all!

thankyousir74
October 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
It hasn't really had enough time to change styles, right now it's pretty much do what I can to it. SO....

I voted cheese :D

thankyousir74
October 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
OH WAIT! and swim season! but that's not going to happen anymore. This is the last year I swim so after this I don't think it will change seasonably (that is, pretending that there are seasons down here in Miami)

toocurly
October 1st, 2008, 04:53 PM
I have to change my routine not with the season only, but with the weather too! I'm curly girl - that's why. My hair reactions for products are diffrent in diffrent weather.

krash1980
October 2nd, 2008, 01:01 AM
No, my haircare routine stays the same.

amberdakota
October 2nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Mine stays the same for the most part...

1nuitblanche
October 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Mine sort of slowly mutates constantly... I'm still learning what my hair likes best.

LilyMunster
October 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I use more 'ethnic' hair products in winter. Tends to help with the indoor heating and the freezing rain. Also more shea neat to the ends in winter.

lapushka
October 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Mine's the same. I'm back to using mostly SLES shampoos (oily scalp) without any conditioner & this still works best for me. We'll see as it grows longer. Milder (sles free) shampoos work too, but my hair does tend to get the greasies a lot faster. I use a regular sles shampoo though, with minimal ingredients and for normal hair.

gdimoonbeam
October 6th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Mine stays the same but what I use changes.

RavennaNight
October 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Yes, mine changes with the seasons. I am currently stretching washes for the winter. In the summer I wash more often, maybe 3 or 4 times a week. I'm now weaning myself back to once a week.

Rosepatrice
October 7th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Nope. My routine stays the same all the time. I like it that way. The simpler, the better!

The fact is, I have no routine....:)

happymommy
October 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Since I've only discovered long hair care recently, I have no idea if my routine will change with the seasons. I've only been here since July!

EdG
October 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
My drying time varies greatly with temperature. In the summer, I can dry my hair by sitting in front of a box fan. In the winter, I need to run the heater and allow a lot more time. :)
Ed

Buddaphlyy
October 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Yes it does. I live where it gets really cold in the winter, so I do more protective styles and wash less often. I also switch to heavier conditioners and leave-ins.

carloota
November 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
I wash less often during the colder months, as my hair takes quite a long time to dry. And I don't want to go out with wet hair that will freeze and possibly break off.

Henrietta
September 20th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Nope. I think I have to become better, still, in seeing the needs of my hair to be able to alternate my routine according to seasons.

flip-flop
September 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I have to wash more often in the winter, about every other day, as my hair looks greasier faster, I think due to wearing hats and hoods which trap the heat and make my hair flat. In the summer and other seasons I wash once every 4 days or so. I could go longer and it wouldn't look bad because of the curl, but then my scalp starts to itch.

NoRush
September 20th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Mine does change, mostly in summer I wash my hair more often and I don't usually do heavy oilings, I find those really uncomfortable in the heat.

terylenerose
September 22nd, 2012, 09:26 PM
My "routine" is all over the place, so no it doesn't depend a bit on the season. When I settle down to a routine I actually like I might change it with the seasons, but just now there's no telling.

melusine963
September 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I use the same products and routine, but I vary the amount of coconut oil I use as needed.

rock007junkie
October 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't say the routine. Rather the products change and the ammount I use. Have to moisturize more often in the winter.

Mamiberisha
October 19th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I moisturize my hair more in the winter.

SnowWhite
October 19th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I oil my hair more often and I'm planning to do deep treatments more often as well...

nobeltonya
October 19th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I put no, because I don't really change anything drastically.. I just use more coconut oil when it's colder, and keep my hair up more [sometimes]. Still wear it down as much as I can, though. :disco:

neko_kawaii
October 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Coconut oil goes from liquid to solid. That is all.

JamieLeigh
November 28th, 2012, 09:41 AM
The temperature where I live ranges from very hot to mildly cold, but the humidity is nearly constant all year 'round. We live right on the river and are surrounded by mountains. So...I chose "No, I don't change", because I really have no need to.

white.chocolate
November 28th, 2012, 01:45 PM
My routine basically stays the same throughout the year. Only in winter I can go longer between washes. So it's a shift from around every 5 days in summer to every 8 days in winter. To combat all that static during the winter, having a humidifier indoors really works!

Avital88
November 29th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I wash my hair more in summer time, im always cold in winter so its twice a week at its most then,but in summer it is 3 times a week minimal,if i do more i Cowash.
Also in summer i have weeks of not brushing my hair because i like to have my wurls and more washing is more Co so less tangles.In winter i like to oil it more and brush it all straight and make it a blanket for my back ^^

Bianca
November 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
No changes here :)

Loveisaverb
November 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Welp since I haven't been here that long and I really only started changing my hair routine drastically two months. So I'll guess I'll have to wait.
Through I know when summer comes around again my hair will be a lot more greasy with my kind of WO hair routine.
All three seasons should be good.

jojo
November 30th, 2012, 06:25 AM
I wash my hair more often in summer and my hair needs more protein, yet in winter my hair is drier and needs more moisture but needs washing less.

AdaClare
December 6th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I don't really change my routine depending on the season, but I'm thinking I probably should now that it's gotten colder and the air is dryer. My hair definitely seems like it needs extra moisture!

Long_hair_bear
December 7th, 2012, 07:35 AM
I condition and leave my hair up more in the winter. The winters here in PA can be bitingly cold, then add the wind to that, and its yikes! for my hair.

Rosetta
December 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I wash and wear my hair up (outdoors) more often in the summer (due to feeling too hot with hair down, and OTOH it's difficult to wear an updo with a winter hat ;)), and use slightly heavier conditioners and more oils in winter.

lolar
January 13th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Yes I wash it more often in summer

Snorman
February 12th, 2014, 12:37 AM
My hair gets all static in the winter, even if I use oil treatments and wash less often.
Haven't really figrued out how to deal with that part yet..

Anyways; I shower more often in summer, mostly due to the fact that I love to swim in the sea.
I don't really get sweaty and more greasy, but I shower almost daily to 1) get out yucky water and dirt and 2) cool off
since I hate the summer heat and can't really breathe if I'm too hot...
I try not to shower my hair daily, but when you're hot and need to cool down fast, a cold water shower over your head is probably the best thing..:P

MissBubble
February 12th, 2014, 03:31 AM
During summer I usually wash three times per week instead of two, because of the high temperatures and the sweat. I also apply masks/treatments etc just once a week and not twice like during autumn/winter.

restless
February 12th, 2014, 03:32 AM
No, Im the same all year round with my simple routine; I shampoo the scalp and wash the lenght with conditioner every evening and a couple of times a week I do a deep treatment with coconut oil (it happens that I switch every now and then and go for some avocado oil instead). Thats it.

I think my hair do the best without a lot of products and stuff as its fine/wavy and has a tendency to be weighed down and look stringy with anything in it. Ever since I started oiling my hair regularly Ive noticed that it doesnt get as static in the winters as it used to be so thats a great plus.

April2000
February 12th, 2014, 06:25 AM
I usually use my Leave-in, the BWS (a tip from the German long hair forum, the LHN, it's a cream for the brests if you're brestfeeding. This sounds strange, but it's GREAT stuff with fantastic INCIS!) every other day in summer. In winter, I need to use it every day.

Ginkgo
February 12th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Haircare is much easier in summer for me: Soap, sometimes some special care, that's it.

Wintertimes are more difficult: Aloe, oil, haircream, sometimes shampoo&conditioner, ... but nothing really works. More knots, dry, flying, ...

Diamond.Eyes
February 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Not particularly. I live in Arizona and the air is dry as a bone no matter what the season. Sulfate-free shampoo, deep oilings, shea butter soaking, and deep conditioning are a must all year round. :flower:

AutobotsAttack
September 22nd, 2015, 12:33 PM
For me, my hair changes with the seasons. for the winter i up my cowashes sometimes to two times a day. For fall months i usually do more protein treatments ( twice a month instead of once a month). For fall i also oil my scalp a lot more to help reduce some of the shedding that occurs. for summer i cowash a lot to combat the heat of the sun. for spring i keep a balance of everything and sport more styles where my hair is down because the weather is usually very fair and not to cold or too hot.

DollyDagger
September 22nd, 2015, 06:44 PM
This will be the first season I even have a "routine"....before a few months ago my hair care routine consisted of wash and condition..nothing more. Going into this winter Ill be able to see any difference from this past summer and spring.

Groovy Granny
September 22nd, 2015, 09:16 PM
Summer time is more carefree; just air dry usually.
Occasionally (rarely) if I frizz I spritz and scrunch with rosewater and glycerin to define my wurls and curl explosions in humid weather.
IfI must blow dry it is warm/cool/diffused on my scalp 80% and my ends are air dried to enhance the wurls/curls..which dry faster.

In Winter time I use a bit more Oil and serum on my ends; the rosewater/glycerin is used to tame flyaways as needed.
I also warm/cool blow dry 80% because I can't stand a damp head in cold weather.

Both seasons require moisture S&C...to combat Winter dryness or humidity frizz

parkmikii
September 23rd, 2015, 12:54 AM
It doesn't actually change with seasons, but I may use a bit more oil in the winter :)

David W
September 23rd, 2015, 07:13 PM
Wash more in summer since I sweat more and get dirty with outdoor activities. The only other difference is the ponytail/bun ratio shifts more in favor of bun in summer because of the heat, but learning to braid has made that moot.

Venusmilk
September 24th, 2015, 07:28 AM
During wintertime i need more (tons!) of oil.

Hairkay
September 24th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Things change a little for autumn/winter. I'm on WO so I change to washing hair every other day instead of every day because it takes longer for hair to dry in these seasons. I also swap coconut oil for olive oil. That's about it.

yahirwaO.o
January 6th, 2016, 09:36 PM
I wash my hair more in summer and that's it. Since I've ditched conditioner, there is no change in general!

Platzhalter
January 7th, 2016, 06:07 AM
Not really - although I try to avoid coconut oil and aloe in winter. Other than that, it stays the same all the year.

Ve
January 7th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Here in Costa Rica this is a definite yes. I live on the Pacific Coast with temperatures of 35 - 40 Celicus and my hair just poofs and gets dry quickly. So wash or cowash more often.

When we drive 1 and a half hours to San Jose totally different climate 27Celicus (more like Canada summer). My hair feels soft and silky, is flatter don't have to wash it for a week or more

Learning I have to take care of my hair on a "How does it feel basis" rather than scheduled wash days.

mermaid lullaby
January 7th, 2016, 10:40 AM
I live in the northwest states, it does vary! I live in a dry climate with extreme weather temperatures.

In the summer, I have to wash every other day because of sweating. High 90
In the winter, I can go weekly washing easily, because it's -10 Fahrenheit in the daytime.

Christine_O
January 8th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Here in Alaska the air gets bone dry in the winter, so I add oil to my conditioner all winter.

gregh
January 8th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Not really sure since this is my first winter with "long" hair. So far the only difference is when I wash I make sure there is time for it to air dry to avoid my hair freezing. Only made that mistake once.

TatsuOni
January 9th, 2016, 02:39 AM
Yes! I have to oil it a lot more during the winters, since both my hair and scalp gets a lot dryer when it's cold.

It's also getting dirty quicker during the winter:justy: The dryer it get's the more fat my scalp produces... And the more I have to wash it, the dryer it gets. So I just put it in up french braids to hide that it's dirty only one week after washing it.

kattmara
January 9th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Yes! I have to oil it a lot more during the winters, since both my hair and scalp gets a lot dryer when it's cold.

It's also getting dirty quicker during the winter:justy: The dryer it get's the more fat my scalp produces... And the more I have to wash it, the dryer it gets. So I just put it in up french braids to hide that it's dirty only one week after washing it.

I have this problem too, my hair gets dirty so much quicker, in my case I think it's a combination of a dry scalp trying to compensate and wearing hats a lot more. I'm not sure about the english term for this but the hair also gets "electric" (flying around and sticking to itself because of static electricity) more often when it's cold and dry outside and I have to use heavier conditioner to weigh it down, on the other hand I can WO-wash a lot more in the summer wich is very quick and easy - perfect for vacationdays!

I also change how i wear my hair during the winter, the rest of the year i like to wear it down but in the winter i make a braid that i hide under my scarf to protect the hair or roll it up in a bun (without sticks) and hide it under a beanie until I get home/to work and can let it down. I do this when it gets colder than -20 C, does anyone know if I should start doing this earlier at say -10 or 15C?

Lauraes
January 9th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Nope. It's the same all year round.

Grenouille
January 11th, 2016, 02:34 PM
my routine changes a little bit according to my needs, but what changes the most is the oils i use:
- coconut oil in summer is the best for my hair!
- but when it's cold, coconut oil stays solid on the hair and it's very unconveniant...so in winter i use hemp oil, and it seems to do the job very well for now.

i try to adapt my routine: what matters for me is to "listen" to my hair (or skin...): what does it need right now?
and also i try sometimes to give my hair some rest. Too much hair-food is unproductive i believe.
In the summer i noticed i need to wear a hat, otherwise my hair will be damaged by the sun. Next summer i will try carrot oil or sesame oil, because these oils are uv-protective (well, i will use them as post-sun repare treatment). With hot temperature i don't need to oil-bath my hair once a week (like in winter) because of my natural head oils...so i reduce the frequency of this ritual (maybe one oil mask for two weeks), i just oil my ends when needed.

Irialii
January 11th, 2016, 07:24 PM
I change my hair care routine with the seasons. In summer, I shampoo more often because of the heat while in winter I can stretch the time between shampooing. I find I pre-wash oil my hair and co-wash more in winter as it needs it more the colder months.

Garnetgem
January 19th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Yes i probably need to wash it more in summer as it gets sweaty more often,in winter i need to use more conditioner to prevent it drying out.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 22nd, 2017, 04:15 AM
Yes! In summer I just lightly oil between washes.

In autumn and winter I do regular DT'S and spritz moisture to my hair before oiling between washes.

Aredhel
April 22nd, 2017, 10:29 AM
Definitely! All of me tends to dry up in the winter - hair included - so I often oil it a lot, and I only need to wash once a week. In the summer I will be washing more frequently and oiling a lot less dramatically. :p

embee
April 23rd, 2017, 05:45 PM
For the last few years I've been NW/SO. But in summer I do sometimes get the urge to do WO rinse. It comes from working in the garden. Otherwise NW suits me fine. Especially in winter, when I just *hate* long cold wet hair dripping down my back. ;)

Nots; I am *old*. I could never ever have done this when young - I was a greaseball with zits. Yuk.

ETA: gee whiz, the poll - I selected Cheese!

Joyful Mystery
April 27th, 2017, 02:46 PM
No. I stick with the same routine all year round.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 27th, 2017, 03:06 PM
My routine doesn't really change with the seasons, though I might do once - weekly washing instead of twice - weekly washing when the weather is cold. Simply because our house is uninsulated and so cold in the winter and wet hair.... nooooo....

hellomimi
July 9th, 2018, 10:32 AM
It stays pretty much the same but I do oil my hair much more and I will keep them in buns or braids next winter because it's really windy here and last year I cut them out of frustration since they were getting tangled everywhere and they had gotten very damaged... forgive me, I did not know any better at the time :wail:

Margrit
January 21st, 2019, 03:29 PM
No, same routine all the time.

Begemot
January 22nd, 2019, 04:24 AM
I have pretty much the same routine all year round.

Missymo
January 22nd, 2019, 01:53 PM
Not really. Only thing that might change is that I might have to condition my hair more do to it getting dryer in the cold weather.

illicitlizard
January 22nd, 2019, 06:02 PM
Nope, mostly because where I live there aren't really 'seasons' more so shades of warm. If I ever move somewhere that actually has a winter I imagine that would change.

ExpectoPatronum
January 22nd, 2019, 08:18 PM
I change my routine as my hair changes. Sometimes it needs more moisture, other times it needs a good scrub. I haven't paid attention enough to notice if the seasons play a role.

Though, I do tend to need more gel when it rains.

Crystawni
January 22nd, 2019, 08:25 PM
We have two seasons here--wet season and dry season--and it's always hot. My hair doesn't seem to be affected, so I don't change anything.

Ylva
January 22nd, 2019, 09:04 PM
I voted for other reasons, but technically it is because of the season. It’s just not directly related to hair.

In the winter, I pretty much deep condition my hair every time I wash it, because I heat up the sauna to take a shower. Otherwise,it’s brutally cold in there and washing hair is just a terrible experience. I sit in the sauna with at least the first conditioner for 15-20 minutes.

blackgothicdoll
January 22nd, 2019, 09:59 PM
Yes, I cowash every day - every other day in the summer, due to needing to wet my scalp daily because of the heat. I don't cowash at all in the winter, I just shampoo when I need to (every 5 days, give or take).

Reyn127
January 23rd, 2019, 01:21 PM
During winter, I do tend to use less oil on my ends, and blow dry (on cool/warm) more often. Otherwise it’s about the same.

SimplySmile
March 12th, 2019, 12:06 PM
In the summer I will wash my hair twice a week Wednesday and Sundays and I do oil treatments prior to washing. During the winter I have noticed my hair seems to react better when I just wash it once a week on Sundays. I just do casual oiling of the ends everyday after I wash until the next wash day. I progressively get heavier with the oil until Saturday is pretty much coated in oil for the night then I was it out Sunday morning and start again.

Natalia_A00
March 14th, 2019, 01:21 PM
It doesn't usually change. If it changes, it's because I have found another routine (probably here) that seems interesting. But for now my simple and rather mainstream routine works for me.

tekla
March 21st, 2019, 11:38 AM
We have four seasons and winters can be dry and cold. During winter, I use a little heavier conditioners and more leave-in conditioners. Static hair can also be a problem in the winter but I haven't come up with a good solution to that yet. In the summer, I have to wash my hair a bit more often.

RottenMango
April 26th, 2019, 11:00 PM
It only changes when I get lazy and start to not care about my hair. Otherwise, I know what my hair likes and what I need to do to keep my hair happy.

Begemot
April 27th, 2019, 05:07 AM
I have decided to start using sun protection spray during summer, so that's one change. Can't think of anything else to change up. I hope I won't have to wash my hair more.

The-Young-Maid
February 5th, 2020, 03:51 PM
I voted no because the most I have changed is maybe using a conditioner without glycerin in the dry winter months. Everything else is the same.

Fiorentina
December 4th, 2022, 02:10 PM
Yes, changes with the seasons.

Glitch
December 4th, 2022, 09:51 PM
Mine stays the same. In the winter, I might wear more protective clothes or add a bit more oil to my hair, but it's not a significant change.

GoatLady
December 5th, 2022, 08:27 AM
Mine changes a little bit with the seasons. In the summer I wash more frequently, due to sweating, but it also dries muuuuch faster when it's hot out. I also have more freedom with hairstyles in the summer, because in the winter I have to be able to put some kind of head covering on to keep warm.