PDA

View Full Version : What's your most recent hair compliment?

Sarahlabyrinth
January 15th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Yesterday an acquaintance told me that she had always believed that my long hair was extensions. Today the manager of the rest home where my mother lives saw my hair loose and said "HOLY MOLEY, your hair is long!!!":)

gwenalyn
January 16th, 2015, 12:18 AM
My last hairdresser, after bleaching my ends to convert grown out highlights into an ombre (so I could grow out the color more gracefully), told me I didn't need a trim, because my hair was so healthy--after bleaching it. Felt good :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 16th, 2015, 12:29 AM
My last hairdresser, after bleaching my ends to convert grown out highlights into an ombre (so I could grow out the color more gracefully), told me I didn't need a trim, because my hair was so healthy--after bleaching it. Felt good :)

That's wonderful! :)

emilia1992
January 16th, 2015, 03:21 AM
My supervisor, who said (upon seeing me with my hair down for once - it's usually in a bun): 'Wow, your hair is so long' and promptly called my co-worker over for a look!

luvlonghair75
January 16th, 2015, 04:50 AM
I can't remember the last time I've ever been complimented on my hair. I know my sister said something about it once, many years ago...?

DreamSheep
January 16th, 2015, 05:14 AM
The other day I was having lunch with a male friend, and when I finished I put my hair down (it gets a bit sore being up sometimes), and he was like "Wow! I really like your hair! It is so long!" - and a hair conversation began! :D

jacqueline101
January 16th, 2015, 05:17 AM
The last compliment I got was when I was told to keep growing it because it was getting long.

Mononoke
January 16th, 2015, 05:43 AM
My SO commented that I'm really good at growing hair :D (He meant it in the sense that it grows fast).

Carolyn
January 16th, 2015, 05:48 AM
My stylist always says nice thing about my hair. She always comments on how I take such good care of it. Other than that, I can't remember the last time I got a compliment.

FuzzyBlackWaves
January 16th, 2015, 07:09 AM
My partner compliments me on my hair a lot. He says he likes the length and colour :o

Entangled
January 16th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Somebody liked my braid, and it was only an English braid. So to me, that translates as I like your hair's appearance.

StellaKatherine
January 16th, 2015, 07:28 AM
I do not get a hair compliments. But then again complimenting in any way isn't very common around here :shrug: The best compliment I had was " Your hair could be easily made to look stunning"

lapushka
January 16th, 2015, 08:49 AM
My mom compliments me almost every week, when she takes care of it, and it's down (wash day). I love that. At Christmas and Newyears my aunt was over, and on one of those occasions I talked about what if I cut it, and they both (mom and her sister/aunt) said "NO!" like immediately, shocked that I would think of it. It's nice to hear that. :D

Johannah
January 16th, 2015, 10:54 AM
YOUR HAIR IS SO LONG. My mother says this weekly these days.

Except from that, someone said something I thought was a compliment but also quite funny: OH MY GOD THAT FORK how long are you busy with your hair in the morning????? She was so shocked :lol: She thought a LWB was the hardest thing on earth.

squirrrel
January 16th, 2015, 11:12 AM
The last couple I practically asked for... For example, a couple of days ago I ended up making reference to having just learned how to do LWB that morning, and so was told that it looked good. And I'd made comment by e-mail to a friend about a style I was trying that day, and when I saw them later on they said they saw what I meant about it...

I think most totally honest compliments I've received have been about updo's I've worn though. I saw the same friend the day I first tried a rope crown braid. Apparently she really liked the (very messy) first attempt (and still sometimes refers back to it if I've not worn it much when she has seen me, which is nice), and another day I had simple milkmaids in, with some sparkly hairpins or similar, and we had slipped over to costa... Seems the person behind the counter really liked the effect - nice of her to say so. :)

curiouskitty
January 16th, 2015, 01:28 PM
"Your hair is so shiny!"

Yeee! :o At my current length, I'm finally getting compliments on the health of my hair, which never used to happen at lengths any shorter than APL.

Tota
January 16th, 2015, 01:52 PM
My family and friends sometimes compliment my hair when they see me, which is not very often lately because I moved across Europe. I spent the Christmas holidays at home and my mom said I looked regal with my hair down, my grandma said I look like a doll, my female friend said it's getting loooong and my male friend asked me if I'm sure I'm not fooling them all by wearing extensions :) I never got such nice compliments before :)

wilderwein
January 16th, 2015, 01:54 PM
For my scarf buns this week

gthlvrmx
January 16th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I went to visit a wellness center I used to go to and the therapist there commented on my hair. He said, "Wow your hair is getting long! You look like Antonio Banderas!" I honestly don't remember if he said Antonio Banderas or some other hispanic artist but he mentioned my hair was like that person! I loved the attention though I like getting comments on my hair :P

Stray_mind
January 16th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I don't get hair compliments :(

Chocowalnut
January 16th, 2015, 03:46 PM
I hadn't gotten a hair compliment in a couple years or so until a couple days ago. A woman at my school said she liked my hair. I always feel like when people say stuff like that to me it's to make me feel good and they don't really mean it haha.. but it still made me happy. Was interesting b/c that was the first time in a long time I blow-dried my hair semi-straight (blow dried on cool), instead of letting it dry wurly.

erizabesu
January 16th, 2015, 03:57 PM
My nautilus bun was falling out during class today, so I quickly redid it. After class, the girl who sat behind me excitedly told me that she thought the way I put my hair up was really cool.

mcdonaldv89
January 16th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Last night i was washing my hair a little frustrated with it and my fiancé says, "holy long hair!" :) its the little things. He sees me every day but its a lot longer wet due to the curls

Avis
January 17th, 2015, 12:57 AM
A few days ago I was excitedly showing SO how close I am to waist and he asked if he could comb my hair. I took this as a huge compliment since he's told me many times (though not recently) that he prefers short hair. I think his perspective is changing a bit since my hair is in much better condition it was the last time it was "long".

Five of Five
January 17th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Today I was helping to mind my 4 year old niece. I told her that I had to leave to go to the hair salon soon. A look of concern came over her face, and she told me to please not cut it! I reassured her that I was only going for a trim and that cheered her up.

That's probably the best hair compliment I've ever received ;)

ChocolateWaves
January 17th, 2015, 02:31 AM
My stepmom (who does not hand out compliments freely!) says "Chrissy, your hair is SO LONG!" every time she sees me lately. And recently she also told me that it looks the thickest she has ever seen it and asked what she can do to make hers thicker. I took it as a huge compliment :)

ChocolateWaves
January 17th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Today I was helping to mind my 4 year old niece. I told her that I had to leave to go to the hair salon soon. A look of concern came over her face, and she told me to please not cut it! I reassured her that I was only going for a trim and that cheered her up.

Five, that is VERY sweet! I can see why that would be so special to you!

missfaroe
January 17th, 2015, 04:44 AM

that's so sweet!! :o

Atira
January 17th, 2015, 07:02 AM
I had a waitress in a pizza parlor last month tell me that my hair was beautiful. I was wearing it down. That made my day as I havnt been happy with it lately.

MissMoppet
January 17th, 2015, 07:48 AM
I think my hair suits me better when I wear it out vs pulled back from my face and in an updo. I tend to wear it up all the time though, since I am currenly in a very hot climate, and I feel like I am melting with it out. I wore it out a few weeks ago though and everyone kept saying how nice it looked. I wish I could let it down more often, but I just can't cope with how hot I get. :(

squirrrel
January 17th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Oh! I got honest compliment on my bun today... First time person who was commenting had seen it up like that... Nice of her. :)

jacqueline101
January 17th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I got a compliment from my ex at the store an hour ago. He didn't say a word just bug eyed stared at my length.

LongCurlyTress
January 17th, 2015, 12:08 PM
My stepmom (who does not hand out compliments freely!) says "Chrissy, your hair is SO LONG!" every time she sees me lately. And recently she also told me that it looks the thickest she has ever seen it and asked what she can do to make hers thicker. I took it as a huge compliment :)

Wow! Those are some perfect things to say to a longhairlover! Yay for growing length support!! :popcorn:

LongCurlyTress
January 17th, 2015, 12:11 PM
I think my most recent hair compliment came from me!! Good job.... LCT!!! You got through the awkward shorter growing stages and you are on your way to tbl!! Good sticking with the plan and not letting society dictate how we elders should wear our hair! (I oftentimes have these conversations with myself since I am such a great listener.. hehe ;) :puppykisses:

sibiryachka
January 17th, 2015, 12:41 PM
A lady at music camp the weekend after New Year came up to me as I was getting a cup of tea just to tell me my hair was pretty. We talked henna and going gray for a while. Last day of camp she told me she looks forward to next year, seeing how my silvers have progressed :)

Aleahcim
January 17th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Although I don't get many complements and my apl hair is nothing speical, I did have a friend tell me that I always do the coolest things to my hair. An assortment of braids and the few updos I can manage really seem to impress her. :)

dancingrain91
January 17th, 2015, 01:03 PM
One of my coworkers called my hair epic.

squirrrel
January 18th, 2015, 07:13 AM
I had two people compliment me on my (messy) crown braid this morning... And someone else told me that my hair is long (knowing that I'm growing it and wondering how long it will grow). I looked round the church and seeing very few others with hair much longer than shoulder length, so I guess in that context my BSL hair is quite long... But when I pointed out I have seen pictures of people with ankle length hair... Not so much! ;)

lapushka
January 18th, 2015, 07:28 AM
My mom, about my hair smelling lovely with the new oil (serum, actually) (Kyrell, from Aldi). It was a cheap buy, and it is turning out to be something awesome!

ravenreed
January 18th, 2015, 08:07 AM
I got five compliments in one week on the color. I was thinking of changing it but that changed my mind. Apparently the subtle red violet looks great on me.

veryhairyfairy
January 18th, 2015, 11:00 AM
OH gives me tons of hair compliments, but I really take it to heart when he unintentionally compliments my hair:

While watching basketball on TV this weekend he absentmindedly wrapped one of my braids around his hand and wound it around a few fingers, then just kind of clutched/squeezed it for awhile. My heart melted and I had to suppress sighs and squeaks of happiness (lest he think I'm too into my hair, lol)!

LongCurlyTress
January 19th, 2015, 01:21 PM

That is so special because most Moms tell you exactly what they are thinking so you know your hair bust be long and beautiful! :) Nice! ;)

DreamSheep
January 19th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Today at cheerleading I wore my hair down in a plait (usually I try and bun it as best I can), and one of the girls said: "Your hair is SOOOO long... and SOOOO nice!" :)

This made me happy ^.^

JellyBene
January 20th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Little boy I babysit: "Miss Bre, I really like your red licorice hair" hahaha!

Arete
January 20th, 2015, 06:47 PM
I teasingly asked my mom yesterday why she couldn't have given me faster hair growing genetics 'cause to me my hair is "short." She looks at me like I have three heads and says "Shut it, you're hair is long, soon to be approaching ridiculously long. It grows plenty fast enough!" :p

M.McDonough
January 20th, 2015, 08:13 PM
I don't remember any compliments. I would love that, but I don't go out much and I usually cover up my hair when I do to avoid looking and starring lol

kidari
January 20th, 2015, 08:17 PM
A guy who works at the gym I go to: "Did you change your hair color? It looks nice!" Before that, it was two hairdressers: "Sorry! We were just admiring your hair. It's so beautiful!"

My mom: "It's too long. It doesn't suit you. You should cut it short and dye it to your natural color."

ChocolateWaves
January 21st, 2015, 12:12 AM
Okay I have to share one more. Last night, the guy I have been seeing told me I'm "just so feminine! You're so soft, you always smell so good, and I love your long hair" ;)
It made me really really happy.

ChocolateWaves
January 21st, 2015, 12:54 AM
OH gives me tons of hair compliments, but I really take it to heart when he unintentionally compliments my hair:

While watching basketball on TV this weekend he absentmindedly wrapped one of my braids around his hand and wound it around a few fingers, then just kind of clutched/squeezed it for awhile. My heart melted and I had to suppress sighs and squeaks of happiness (lest he think I'm too into my hair, lol)!

This is extremely sweet and kind of melts my heart too :heartbeat:

DreamSheep
January 21st, 2015, 05:03 AM
Yesterday, fellow friend at work came in and said my hair was gorgeous and French plaited it. <3

I love people playing with my hair, it's been a while...

Haybop
January 21st, 2015, 05:24 AM
All these compliments make me smile at how nice people are :)

I don't really receive hair compliments in real life but then for the past few months I haven't had my hair down to be seen by folks :P (and down around my family doesn't mean I get compliments as they all think short hair is the way forward)

Red'N'Curly
January 21st, 2015, 01:38 PM
Not mine, but my hubby received his first hair compliment! He's been growing out from a buzz for 6 months now, and is getting beautiful thick waves that are just brushing his scrub collar. A patient of his told him he had beautiful hair, that he should keep growing and that not enough men wore long hair. :)

nakima
January 21st, 2015, 02:35 PM
A man walked by me in the store the other day and said I love your long hair! of course I beamed with a big thank you:D andwhen I took my friend to the emergency room thursday one of the nurses said she loves my hair. It really makes me feel good. Maybe my hair looks better than I think sometimes :)

Lady melissa
February 5th, 2015, 03:28 AM
yesterday, at the gym, after class, i was in the locker/dressing room with a lot of other girls i didn't know. When i was ready, i unbraided and fingercombed my hair. Walking out of the door, a girl saw my hair (she had shoulderlength hair) and shouted out for the whole room: I want hair as long as that!! - it was very flattering, but also embarassing LOL, i turned and said: it only takes patience and smiled....and her friend said then: a lot of patience, years of patience and smiled too :)

RainbowBowser
February 5th, 2015, 06:15 AM
My mom gave me a compliment around christmas/new years that when its up I look like a professor/librarian (in a good way) and that I look like a mermaid or elf (*_*) with my hair down. Made me so happy

blue_eyes
February 5th, 2015, 07:56 AM
About a week ago my boyfriend told me that my hair was getting pretty long! :) It's only just past BSL, but I haven't had hair this long for about 2 years now, so it feels great that it's growing back and starting to look on the longer side.

Taenarian
February 5th, 2015, 11:04 AM
"Oh! Your hair is long!"

That was a most welcome and flattering comment today when I took my bun down at the salon where I have my nails done. And I don't feel it's long .... :undecided

Olympias7
February 5th, 2015, 07:23 PM
I did my first successful crown braid today and you bet I was complimented :)

Arete
February 6th, 2015, 01:19 AM
I went to the hair salon to have a wig trimmed for a cosplay, and several of the stylists told me they loved my real hair and that they wish their hair was that long :)

squirrrel
February 6th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Ended up having a conversation with someone I work with about my hair, and she admitted she doesn't think she's ever seen it down (I wore it in a pony tail most of the time before joining LHC.) Anyway, she tells me that I suit it. :)

gwenalyn
February 6th, 2015, 03:41 PM
My boyfriend said he liked my hair!

Ok, he says that all the time. But just a few months ago he kept pointing out nice pixie cuts and he's stopped doing that, so ... :cheese:

jacqueline101
February 6th, 2015, 03:58 PM
When I was at the store and the cashier asked me about my hair piece. I told her it's my own creation and she was awe struck.

CremeTron
February 6th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I recently got asked where I buy my hair from, so I suppose that is a compliment?!

erizabesu
February 7th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Yesterday evening I had my hair in a Jamie Leigh bun. When I went to dinner at the school cafeteria, an acquaintance approached me and was completely awestruck: "Your hair is just so dope right now. I just can't even... I have no idea how you did it, but it looks amazing." I told her it was easy to do and explained to her how it was done, and she replied "Oh, that does sound easy, but it's still awesome."

Agnes Hannah
February 7th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Today, my mum who is my worst critic on hair, said she liked my french pleat and wants me to do one for her!

endlessly
February 7th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Most recent one and easily most favorite comment ever: when a little girl told me I looked like a mermaid. Best. Compliment. Ever. I've heard princess before, but my obsession with mermaids is the reason my hair is long, so that was amazing.

trolleypup
February 9th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Someone lost their words following me up the stairs out of the subway this morning. So pretty impressed.

Colochita
February 9th, 2015, 09:21 PM
The other day I was talking to someone and he said: "You'd make such an awesome mother. Keep being you and -Oh!- Don't ever cut your hair! Keep it just like that!"

Semi-hair compliment?

Teazel
August 13th, 2016, 07:14 AM
Last month I went to see The Cure live. I wore my hair down, reasoning that if you can't let your freak flag fly at a Cure concert, when can you? For the last part of the show everyone was on their feet dancing; at one point I glanced down at the people in the row in front of us, and a girl looked up at me and reached out, so I bent down to her. "Your hair is amazing!" she shouted over the music. "Thank you!" I yelled back. "Just beautiful!" she shouted, we grinned at each other and went back to dancing.

The Cure have been one of my favourite bands for... a very long time - I know the last time I saw them live was 35 years ago, almost to the day; so I was already having the best time. Getting a hair compliment from a random stranger really was the icing on the cake. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 13th, 2016, 07:35 AM
A few days ago DH and I were in the parking lot at the supermarket. The lady in the car next to ours noticed my hair (I was, unusually, wearing it loose) and said "Your hair is SO BEAUTIFUL".

It really made my day. Hair compliments IRL are the best thing ever.... :)