PDA

View Full Version : Red Raj OOS - new stock or alternatives??

cho_chang
January 15th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Hi all,

I had been wanting to try Red Raj for a while now - I'm looking for something that will give more red/burgundy and less orange, and Red Raj had been recommended to me repeatedly. I went to order today but it's out of stock online. Does anyone have any information on when it might be restocked, or suggestions for alternatives?

I've used Rajasthani Twilight in the past and it's fine I guess, but if there is anything better I'd love to try something new.

Thanks!

PS: sorry if this has been addressed already - I'm not on LHC super often, but I did browse a few pages of threads and didn't see anything. also tried to do a board search for "red raj" but it tells me my words are too common and they're excluded so it can't search for it...

emelnd
January 17th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

I had been wanting to try Red Raj for a while now - I'm looking for something that will give more red/burgundy and less orange, and Red Raj had been recommended to me repeatedly. I went to order today but it's out of stock online. Does anyone have any information on when it might be restocked, or suggestions for alternatives?

I've used Rajasthani Twilight in the past and it's fine I guess, but if there is anything better I'd love to try something new.

Thanks!

PS: sorry if this has been addressed already - I'm not on LHC super often, but I did browse a few pages of threads and didn't see anything. also tried to do a board search for "red raj" but it tells me my words are too common and they're excluded so it can't search for it...

I am sitting with this on my head at the moment.

http://www.shopbeachcombers.com/ORa-Organic-Rajasthani-Henna-Powder-p/hp-100raj.htm

I read somewhere on this forum that it is similar to red raj so I bought this one. It has a similar lawsone content. I will let you know how it turns out. It is very finely sifted, smells good, went on very easy and it dyed my hand bright orange when the dye was released.

I will report back but I don't think pics will help much - I have black hair with just a few strands of gray.

Seeshami
January 17th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I use henna maiden's burgundy on my ombre

emelnd
January 18th, 2015, 06:58 AM
I'm back. It is awesome! I had to search for my grays to see what color they turned, they were so dark and well blended in. The grays are a deep red, some are a bit orangy but some just red with no orange.

My overall hair color did change and it looks red. It is a bit rosey i would say. It is all very bright but i know things will calm down in a few days (unfortunately? )

emelnd
January 18th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Oh, and it washed out really easily.

And my husband said wow and kissed my hair when he saw the results.

cho_chang
January 20th, 2015, 09:03 PM
thanks! :)

TheHuman
January 21st, 2015, 09:31 PM
According to their Facebook RR will be back in stock in a couple of weeks.

cho_chang
January 22nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
perfect thanks so much! I will also check out the beachcombers

MagicalMystery
February 12th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Jamila's new crop has a lawsone content of 2.7 I believe. I usually use Red Raj, but last round was the new Jamila. It's pretty vibrant and pigmented! Although... my goal is more of a scarlet, slightly orange red, so maybe not...