PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Thick and Rich Foam from Shampoo Technique...

diggem
January 15th, 2015, 02:23 PM
...I've been meaning to write this for years. I usually remembered in the shower, but forgot by the time I was in front of my computer.

I've never been one to follow label directions, though I usually read them. I never fully understood the repeat part of the wash, rinse and repeat phases all shampoos appear to have on them. So, I have never repeated.

With that being said, I've noticed over the years (and yes, I am old), that some times when I washed, the suds (foam) would be too thin to actually clean evenly, or too much shampoo remained that I needed to rinse for a long time to get all the shampoo out. I finally discovered a technique to pretty much guarantee getting nice think and rick suds from just about any shampoo. I'll list the steps below (this has always been done by me in the shower):

Wet your hair, entirely. Let the water run through your hair as much as possible. (dripping wet)
Using your hands, squeeze the excess water out of your hair. Your hair should still be wet, but not dripping wet.
Get your usually amount of shampoo on your hand and smear it on your head, so that none remains on your hands. I usually put it on the crown of my head.
Put your hands under the running water, with your hands at the same level and the palms of your hands facing each other. You do not want to cup water in your hands, because doing so will be too much water.
Bring your now wet hands to your head and being to massage and lather the shampoo into your hair. The resulting suds will be very thick and rich, and I think will actually clear your hair better.

So that's it. Not overly complicated. If someone tries this, I'd like to find out if you get the same results as I do.

diggem

lapushka
January 15th, 2015, 04:04 PM
The way we do it is this. Get hair dripping wet. Think of your hair as 4 sections: back, top, 2 sides. Put some shampoo on all sections. Lather, let suds run through lengths and work it in. Then run the shower head over your head (sections), don't rinse it all off but get it wetter. Re-lather, the shampoo will actually lather twice. Work it through the lengths again. Rinse it all out. As clean as can be! Works really well for oily hair, especially if you use a sulfate shampoo!

TrapperCreekD
January 15th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Yup, works like a charm. :thumbsup: I've been basically doing this for years, just super quickly duck my head under the shower head before messaging the shampoo in.