PDA

View Full Version : Could I be at terminal?

joyinc
March 20th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I just took a pic today and compared it to a pic from last aug, and it looks exactly the same!

Can someone just stop at waist length?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v513/joyinc/hair/growth/th_hair78.jpghttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v513/joyinc/hair/growth/th_aug07.jpg
I see maybe an inch of difference, but even from the one today, my head was back a bit farther.

what do you think?

*I dont know where to put this thread... we dont have private photo threads anymore?? - I didnt want to start an album* I still dont know what I am doing

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 11:16 AM
First of all, your hair is at hip length at least, several inches longer than waist length.

Yes, terminal length can happen at just about any length. One of my friends had a terminal length somewhere between APL and BSL. The last time I saw her, she hadn't had a hair cut in 8 years, but her hair grew no longer. It wasn't in bad condition, and she didn't have thinned out, fairy tale ends. Her hair was thick, coarse, and nearly black - beautiful hair - but it just wouldn't grow any longer.

Do everything you can do to maximize your length potential: eat a balanced, healthy diet, take a vitamin/mineral supplement, trim off the ends if they look dried out and split, drink plenty of water, and so forth. After that, accept what is and enjoy your hair.

P.S. - I've heard of people who had the same length for quite a long time and then it grew longer for some unknown reason. There's always hope.

Xanthippe
March 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Since it's only been six (?) months, I would guess you are just in a stall. I mean, you could be at terminal, but I don't think we can be certain unless it's been a year or more.

Has your thickness or hair type changed at all? From the pictures it doesn't look like it, but maybe that would give a clue as to what's going on.

chotee
March 21st, 2008, 06:06 AM
There are some times when the hair goes in the rest phase, or a nasty hair fall. It happens when our bodies undergo a harmonal change or someother reason. Just include a good multivitamin, extra omega3's and 6's, massages and mostly WAIT. I think it will start growing again...:smile:

chotee

Sally
March 21st, 2008, 08:06 AM
I can't answer your question, but I can say your hair is looking beautiful as ever.

MemSahib
March 21st, 2008, 08:23 AM
I was beginning to think that I was terminal or close to it, but not so. I don't think I grew a ¼" since last August either until all of a sudden recently. I was extremely surprised to find another 1-1½" from not long ago. Maybe you will do the same now that spring is here, joyinc. (Spring usually means growth for just about everyone.) Besides, I had decided that even if I was terminal I was going to be happy with the long hair I've got. Like spidermom, I have a dear friend who is terminal at mid-back so I am blessed to have the hair I've got.

awesometruffle
March 21st, 2008, 09:13 AM
It really looks like it's grown to me.

joyinc
March 21st, 2008, 01:26 PM
awww thank you everyone :) I think I am going to give myself a little trim and just relax and enjoy what I have :)

I hadnt really thought about it until I went to upload the new pic and realized that nothing much had really changed. there is a huge difference from when i came to LHC back in 2005, but not much difference in the past year. My hair has been driving me crazy lately with tangles, so maybe it just needs some good pampering like i used to do :D

Thanks Sally!

kissedbyfyre
March 21st, 2008, 03:04 PM
You could very well be at a stall. Everyones hair growth patterns are different. Some go through growth periods once a year, for about 6 months while for the rest of the year it just kind of takes a break. I was convinced I was at terminal around that length as well because my hair simply wasn't growing. Turns out I have crazy insane growth for a few years, then it takes a break for a few years.

Terminal can happen at any length though. My SO has hair thats about waist length when straight, shoulder blade length when curly. I've been with him for 3 years and in those 3 years it's gone from shoulders to shoulder blades, so his is just VERY slow growth and what growth there is is eaten up by curls.

My point is, everyones different. If the growth rate is bothering you, start putting it up more and just try to forget about it. Focusing in on the growth, or lack there of gets quite frustrating.