PDA

View Full Version : Neat braiding trick for the hairstyle-challenged!

Upside Down
January 13th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Found this on another forum, I am sorry if it is common knowledge :lol: but it was the first time I saw it and it looks super cool and easy for intricate-looking accent braids.

http://themetapicture.com/mom-braid-awesome/

Only, you do pull against the cuticle, but only with fingers, that is not so bad... :shrug:

yogagirl
January 13th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Hm, I didn't know that trick. Looks cool, but I don't think I would do it. I get frizzy hair often enough, I wouldn't want to ruffle up my cuticles more.

Madora
January 13th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Thanks for sharing the link, Upside Down. Not a style for everyday but maybe for a special occasion. Also, your hair would need to be in super shape in order for the "sliding" to work smoothly. Going against the cuticle is not hair friendly.

Upside Down
January 13th, 2015, 10:01 AM
My thoughts exactly,not everyday but once in a while I would do it. Btw I tried real quick and it looked good. You need smooth hair, in my case bunned to dry worked. I don't get such polished results, but I like slightly messy looks anyway.

Agreed on going against the cuticle for sure. Not to be done often!

browneyedsusan
January 17th, 2015, 03:00 PM
My hair would totally do that!
It's straight and super-slippy. :) I'll have to give it a try!

Sarahlabyrinth
January 17th, 2015, 04:28 PM
It looks really pretty but I don't think I could bear to do that to my hair.

Thistle4U
January 17th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Hi, I'm in Northern California too! <Mod note: Partly edited for privacy concerns.>

ravenhair44
January 17th, 2015, 05:58 PM
I was wondering what she was going to do to the braid and cringed when I saw her move the hair up like that. shudder::scared: Very pretty but my hair would be very upset for doing that. :rant:

Panth
January 18th, 2015, 04:21 AM
Yeah, you can't do that if you've got any taper really. It'll just cause a giant tangle (and won't make a tidy-looking braid either).