PDA

View Full Version : Really bad hair cut ... What now?

Arwenlily
January 12th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I recently got a hair cut, just to trim my damaged ends slightly, and felt good about it at first. Unfortunately, when I went to take a monthly length shot I noticed that my hemline is terribly uneven. The back of my hair goes into a significant V shape, with the shortest hairs at APL and th longest past BSL. What's worse is that the left side is different than the right side. The right side isn't as drastic as the left. As of right now, my goal is WL when curly, and I still have about 3 or 4 inches left of damaged hair. I'm so close to freaking out ... What do I do?

Do I have to get another hair cut to make the hemline more even? Should I leave my hair up, forget about it, and trim it in a couple of months? Or wait until I reach goal and maintain?

Any help would be appreciated!

yogagirl
January 12th, 2015, 04:22 PM
I'm so sorry they messed up your cut! Could it be that the right and left side look to have a different angle because of your part? Like if she cut it with a middle parting, but you usually have a side part? Just an idea.

I think personally I would leave it alone for now. It might not even be that obvious with your waves, but that's hard to say without a picture of course.

Again, I'm really sorry you have to deal with this :(

hanne jensen
January 13th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I agree with yogagirl. Put it up and forget about it for a few months. After a few months, maybe a dusting program? You could snip just a little bit more from the V than the rest of the hair. Sooner or later all your ends will meet while you're still growing.

Do you have someone you trust who is supportive of your hair growing journey? Maybe they will dust you. Dusting isn't as frightening as cutting as one just snips a tiny bit off the hemline.

Rowdy
January 13th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Does the left side tend to have a tighter curl pattern? Could that be making it appear shorter on that side?

Hootenanny
January 13th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Was your hair cut when it was fully dry and curly, or when it was wet/stretched/combed out? The reason I ask is that if curly hair is cut when it is wet or stretched, it won't look even when it dries curly. If you decide to get another trim to even it out, I suggest that you go to a Deva-trained stylist (if you haven't already). They have a much better understanding of how to cut and shape curly hair.

Arwenlily
January 15th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice and input :blossom: It seems that it was just a bad cut. The part was the same when it was cut to how it is now and my curly pattern is relatively even. I think I will just leave it alone for the next couple of months and then start to dust off a little off the bottom part of the V. How often should I do that do you think?

A Deva-cut is something I have considered actually, hootenanny have you ever gotten one?

Arete
January 15th, 2015, 09:12 PM
I'm not a curly myself, but my older sister is a 3b. She had an awful cut by a stylist who was supposedly "really good with curly hair" but after the fact obviously wasn't. She ended up finding a devacut trained stylist who helped her fix it and she really loves her and hasn't had any more haircut fiascos.

MadPirateBippy
January 15th, 2015, 11:03 PM
I have a thread going now about using monistat once a week, and coffee/caffine rinses two to three times a week, to make your hair grow crazy fast. All I've ever done with bad haircuts is outgrow them.

Sorry you're going through this!