PDA

View Full Version : Manic Panic Virgin Snow question...

raingirl
January 12th, 2015, 10:42 AM
MP Virgin Snow is a toner that will tone away brassy tones to make your hair more white, correct?

Does your hair have to be porous for it to work?

Just thought I might try an experiment with my hair this weekend but I likely think it won't do anything to mine. Was just wondering if it might brighten my yellow tones and make me feel less "winter blah"...

spidermom
January 12th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Worth a try; can't hurt. Manic Panic makes my hair feel so wonderful - like a deep conditioning treatment.

FireFromWithin
January 12th, 2015, 11:16 AM
If you take away the yellow without lightening enough it may go grey but I understand manic panic isn't permenant anyway

JellyBene
January 12th, 2015, 03:38 PM
During my LHC haitus I was aiming for platinum on my very short hair and used virgin snow. It only makes a huge difference if your hair is very very pale blonde (think inside of a banana peel) to begin with. Anything darker than that and unfortunately it just won't do much. If you're looking to brighten up yellow/brassy tones in general you could always use a purple conditioner. My favorite is color endure violet by Joico. It's gentle, fairly LHC friendly ingredients and it smells great which is more than can be said of most purple shampoos and conditioners.

pastina
January 12th, 2015, 03:45 PM
yeah id do clairol shimmer lights instead of virgin snow, you'll see more of a difference.

eta-- re-reading your op, i feel like its important to tell you that, if anything, it will tone down your yellow, not brighten it.

Anje
January 12th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I agree that a people conditioner might visually brighten a bit more effectively than Virgin Snow, which is pretty pale. Certainly won't hurt to try the Manic Panic first, though.

Actually, I've often seen the suggestion to mix a dab of purple manic panic in your favorite conditioner, if you already have products that work well for you that you don't want to abandon.

raingirl
January 13th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Hmm. Lots of options. I just feel so BLAH lately with the cold weather and being back to work. I've never found purple conditioners in any stores sadly, not even sure I could fine Virgin Snow if I tried.

lindsayhv
January 13th, 2015, 07:58 AM
could you order some online?

door72067
January 13th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I've used grape unsweetened Kool Aid powder in my regular conditioner in place of purple shampoo/conditioner and I think it works quite nicely to brighten hair (in my case, silvers)

I put maybe a teaspoon of the powder in my regular amount of condition and mix it in a small cup that I let stand while I wash my hair...this way the powder is dissolved into the conditioner by the time I need it, then I let it stand on my hair while I finish showering (tmi?) and wash it out like normal

knhess
January 13th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I make my own purple shampoo/conditioner by just adding a drop or two of gentian violet to them.

JellyBene
January 13th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Hmm. Lots of options. I just feel so BLAH lately with the cold weather and being back to work. I've never found purple conditioners in any stores sadly, not even sure I could fine Virgin Snow if I tried.

Sally's has Virgin snow AND clairol shimmer lights purple shampoo/condish. It works great but the smell is pretty intense...