PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Hair Confession

Ashflower89
January 12th, 2015, 06:19 AM
yea... i dont agree with what i wrote in this thread at all anymore lol. wish i could just delete it >.<

Majorane
January 12th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Good on you! Power to you! May the force be with you today at the hairdresser! I hope you'll feel amazing with your new short awesome 'do. Like everything in life, we're all different and what is great for one is boring and sad for another. If you like pixie, then pixie it is for you!

Seriously, good on you to decide that you Really Like something and thus Really Not Like something else (=longhair). I hope you'll feel great with your new hair.

squirrrel
January 12th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Well done on coming to that decision. Sometimes it can be very hard to admit that you're trying to be something you're not... Will look forwards to seeing your new cut when it's done. :)

kganihanova
January 12th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Yay! I'm happy you found what wanted. Your pixie looked so cute on you. Good luck!!!!😬😺

butterfly_dream
January 12th, 2015, 06:49 AM
I can understand you, Ashflower 89
I always loved extremes: either very short cuts (pixie), or very long hair (TBL or longer).
Every thing in between I considered boring, at least on me. So… Power to you! :thumbsup:

Wosie
January 12th, 2015, 06:49 AM
(Naturally) There's absolutely nothing wrong in preferring short hair over long hair! I had a short pixie ~three years ago and it felt awesome! So light and free. :) I fully understand you pixie fans! Good luck on your hair dresser's appointment; looking forward to seeing a picture. :D

Wildcat Diva
January 12th, 2015, 07:02 AM
It sounds like a good first step to being happy with being YOU. Keep going (it's going to take work...). Haircut is only the first step!

Ashflower89
January 12th, 2015, 07:23 AM
----------

embee
January 12th, 2015, 07:53 AM
If you don't like it, don't like fooling with it, find it annoying and a pain, then Please Do Cut It Off!

My experience: I kept trying short hair (straight or curly), and always was disgusted, sad and ugly-feeling. So I hear you! :)

Looking forward to pics and may 2015 be a good year for you, this is a grand start.

Belle Paix
January 12th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I think this is totally awesome!! I've been where you are, cut my hair into an extreme pixie, and LOVED it for four years!! I seesawed for a year before deciding that I just feel more feminine with long hair. Good Luck, and can't wait to see your new cut!

truepeacenik
January 12th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Walk your own road.

LHC is, when it all boils down, a style and fashion board. We might be the anti fashion contingent, but it is a subculture that values length for whatever reason. And maintaining length, as you learned, is a skill set. One that you might not want to use.

Being here for you could be like me being on a high fashion board. It might serve my fantasy self, but it wouldn't serve me. I'll never wear high heels. I don't shave, I don't wax, or remove a thing aside from eyebrows. I won't wear high fashion.
I was boho chic before that set of marketers was potty trained.

Go forth on a journey to your authentic, accepted self. You are just the age to create her.
Take this from us, "to heck with fascistic beauty standards," and walk proud in your own skin, and hair, however that may be.

slynr
January 12th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Congratulations on your epiphany:) I really do believe living authentically and that continual quest is all that matters. Other people's opinion be damned:)

Stray_mind
January 12th, 2015, 10:06 AM
That's awesome! Just do what you want to do. Short hair, long hair, bald... As long as you feel happy with it, just do it :) :blossom:

Johannah
January 12th, 2015, 10:47 AM
If you like it, go for it! :flower:

Gertrude
January 12th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Chiming in to say well done for finding out what YOU want for your hair now. I don't know if it's the rain outside on this grey January day, making me philosophical but to me LHC is about realising that you are not here to decorate anyone's world, but to be happy in your own.

Vivalagina
January 12th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Can't wait to see the pictures!

RedStripe
January 12th, 2015, 11:15 AM
You should definitely go with what you like best -- some of us are long hair types and some of us prefer the shorthaired route. If everyone all did the same thing, life would be boring.

Zebra Fish
January 12th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Guess it is relieving to finally know what you want :D Waiting for pics :o

Unofficial_Rose
January 12th, 2015, 12:53 PM
So few women have properly short hair (meaning pixies, not bobs) in my region these days that to me it looks really fresh. Enjoy your new look!

missblueeyes
January 12th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I'm glad you found out what you thoroughly enjoy doing with your hair! I checked out your hair blog and I loved the pixie pictures! I think super short hair suits you really well! I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

molljo
January 12th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Congratulations on figuring out the best path for you. It's a hard thing that some people never figure out. I think finding the line between "Things I like" and "Things I like for me" is key to finding out who you are and ultimately being happier for it. I can't wait to see the new cut.

chen bao jun
January 12th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Sometimes you have to try long to realize you really love short.
I had to try short to realize I really love long.
it's worth the journey, definitely.

Ashflower89
January 12th, 2015, 06:54 PM
----------

Annalouise
January 12th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Ashflower - that's really cute! It brings out your eyes and cheek bones. You have a pretty face.:)

Wildcat Diva
January 12th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Aren't you cute?! I love your face shape.

Lovely cut and it looks like it could be lots of fun.

Sterlyn
January 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Sometimes you have to try long to realize you really love short.
I had to try short to realize I really love long.
it's worth the journey, definitely.

Wow Chen that is kinda profound but so very true......

Ashflower89 I love that cut on you, it really suits you:).

truepeacenik
January 12th, 2015, 07:42 PM
Looks great. I think I'd slather it and spike it all over the place!

embee
January 12th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Good job, it suits you well, even if you've not got it *exactly* how you want it. :)

Majorane
January 13th, 2015, 01:18 AM
It looks great, and also, YOU look great with happy hair :) May you have many styling options to discover and enjoy choosing a different one each morning!

Ashflower89
January 13th, 2015, 06:28 AM
----------

missblueeyes
January 13th, 2015, 06:39 AM
eee thank you all soo much =D its just so nice not immediately thinking about "how many more inches til the next milestone" everytime i look at it. Thanks to the boyfriend rooting me on, I'm also gonna dye it either a coppery color or straight up red! Screw it, I'm tired of taking my hair too seriously lol

Your hair looks great! The pixie suits you so well! Also, if you intend to keep it short, experimenting with dye isn't too bad as the hair gets cut quite frequently anyways. :) I envy you for the short drying times you'll get from now on!

yogagirl
January 13th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Sweet!! Have fun with your new do. I love wash, ruffle, and go styles!

RapunzelKat
January 13th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Oh, it looks great on you! The pixie really suites your face! Short hair is much more resilient - have fun dyeing it whenever you want. :bluebiggr

squirrrel
January 13th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Loving the cut, and I'm sure the colour will be fab. You definitely want to have fun with your hair and have it how you love it... After all, if you're keeping it at such short lengths it will handle colour and pretty well anything else you want to throw at it no problem. And tangle free is fab (plus, I always found shorter hair was so easy when it came to washing it etc! :)

patienceneeded
January 13th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Good for you! Your pixie looks awesome!

StellaKatherine
January 13th, 2015, 10:44 AM
In a way I wish I could wear a short hair. I really do! I really like how short hair looks. I am the opposite of you Ashflower, tried to cut my hair shorter once , just under my shoulders and I hated it so much. When my hair is short, it needs so much of work! It just didn't look good at all. I think the lenght of the hair isn't important in the end. Important is to do what you really like with your hair. Be it cutting, coloring or what ever. In the end IT'S JUST A HAIR! :D

Kome
January 13th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Well.... truth be told.... I LOVE henna'd hair, but I also love pink hair and hair at classic length. I chopped my hair off and dyed it green in March. I am just getting back into hennaing it and have the bangs pink and I WILL stay this way. I admit that I love to dye my hair, but I am never satisfied unless it's red or pink. Also... I love my natural hair color. It's a chocolate brown. I just love the red sheen henna gives in the sunlight. So pretty. :)

share801
January 13th, 2015, 11:19 AM
You look great and thanks for posting your thoughts! I have been having some doubts lately about my own hair goals and it helps me think.

butterfly_dream
January 13th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Looks really great. The pixie suits your face! :o

Ambrielle
January 13th, 2015, 11:26 AM
congrats on your decision! As others have underlined what matters is how you feel about your hair and appearance plus i think the pixie really suits you! :o

I had shorter hair once ( shoulder length), i grew it out right away. i hated, hated it. I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror anymore and this bothered me terribly because the one thing i don't want is my hair or something else appearance wise to identify who i am but in the end i am much happier with longer hair.

blue_eyes
January 13th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Congrats on finding what makes you happy Ashflower89! :) It can be really hard to admit sometimes, especially once you have something stuck in your head (like needing long hair to be pretty). You look amazing with your new haircut, it really suits you!
I will miss feeling like I'm growing my hair out along with you, since we started about the same time, but it must feel amazing that you no longer have to wait to enjoy your hair. I'm really happy for you! :)

Belle Paix
January 13th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Looks very cute!! And the best part of it is you can grow it back whenever you like, or shave it off :). Is very versatile!

Ashflower89
January 13th, 2015, 12:49 PM
----------

Kherome
January 13th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Short hair needs good care too.

pastina
January 13th, 2015, 12:56 PM
um, it looks amazing on you. i'm kinda jealous! i've never been able to pull off short cuts like that (and oh, how i've tried!! lol)

squirrrel
January 13th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Fab colour... And please, come hang out with us, at least from time to time! :)

aleighkatz
January 13th, 2015, 04:14 PM
So pretty!!! There is something about a strong redhead! You are adorable! Rock it sister:)

Arete
January 13th, 2015, 06:28 PM
You look fabulous with the red :D You really should consider trying purple or turquoise at some point, I think it'd look awesome.

I love pixie cuts, just not on me :p

yogagirl
January 13th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Oh cool! That red was made for you, looks great!!

Wosie
January 14th, 2015, 04:45 AM
I'm happy for you! Pixies suit you very well (I've visited your blog a few times in the past), and the red is awesome! It's great to see how happy & comfortable you look in a pixie too. :D

(On a sidenote, when I was scrolling through the pictures of your blog I said to my DBF twice that I was envious of your beautiful eye colour. :cloud9:)

aspartame gram
January 16th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Your cut looks amazing! Your face shape definitely fits this style and I'd love to see the red!! That's the fun part about having short hair!

Like you were saying, I love the style on other people! Doesn't really fit my face to have it pixie short--I don't have those cute facial features.

browneyedsusan
January 16th, 2015, 06:38 AM
It
is
darling!!!

I loved my pixie, too! (Wore variations for 15+ years. Eventually, I wanted a change so am growing now.) I loved how I could dye it with wild abandon, get it cut into different shapes, it never tangled, never got stuck in things. I didn't have to worry about damage, could wear it in a convertible or on a motorcycle....

You enjoy the dickens out of your new, fun hair!

Yours in pixie love,
Susan

Lippytoes
January 16th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Ashflower, you look absolutely wonderful with the auburn pixie! Love it!

Five of Five
January 16th, 2015, 06:13 PM
You look AMAZING with this pixie! It really shows off your clear skin and bright eyes so well.

I also liked the first photo with your natural colour. It's great that you can change it up so much now!

Everyone on this forum is so sweet :)

So I dragged my boyfriend to Walmart and got his opinion on red/copper box dyes, and picked an intense dark auburn. I LOVE it. I condemned hair dye for so long that I forgot how fun it can be =P
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac299/Ashflower89/DSC_00182_zps78392c1e.jpg

Weeelll.... I guess since Im not trying to grow it anymore, I probably wont be on LHC much anymore. Or maybe just to hang around the shorties threads =P

Ashflower89
January 17th, 2015, 02:06 AM
----------

browneyedsusan
January 17th, 2015, 02:53 PM
*snip*
Thanks! I've always had a thing for red, but it was sort of a love/hate relationship with how quickly it fades into a warm brown. I redyed it more often than necessary just to keep the vibrant color. *snip*
See I never tried crazy dying or anything when my hair was short before, I always had it at my natural color, so this is definitely new. We'll see what happens in the future, but I'm thinking about sticking with this red for quite a while.

Splash out and try a little henna? It's cheap and stays redder longer. At the very worst, you'll have to grow it out, and with a pixie that'll take a whopping 2 or 3 months? lol!

ETA: Okay, maybe 4 or 5 months. ;)