PDA

View Full Version : 2 years since I found LHC

sunflowersmiles
January 11th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Well I thought I would post about my hair growth. I found this group 2 years ago right after I had gotten married. I had colored my hair red twice that summer, then right before Christmas I colored it brown because I was tired of the ugly roots. http://i59.tinypic.com/2njadt5.jpg It was pretty rough and I was trying to find a way to get it in better health. That is when I found you guys. I started washing less, wearing my hair up more and doing S&D (is it just me or does this sound a lil kinky). This was my hair about 9 months later. I had just given it a nice little trim. http://i58.tinypic.com/24grbye.jpg It has now been about 2 years since I first started trying to take care of my hair. You can see where the light brown is growing out and my natural hair color is growing in. It is so much softer! I lost a lot of hair after I had my son, so I have trimmed several inches off for an even hem line. My goal is classic length hair, and I am having so much fun growing out my hair!
http://i61.tinypic.com/8xlveu.jpg

hennalonghair
January 11th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Oh sunshinesmiles! That's a huge difference! :applause:
Your hair looks much healthier . Nice growth!:thumbsup:

Begemot
January 11th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Great growth, beautiful hair! :blossom:

MiamiPineapple
January 11th, 2015, 01:54 PM
love your hair great progress!

starlamelissa
January 11th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Looks great!

Kitten1030
January 11th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Great growth looks like a different head of hair! What did you do in that second photo to bring out that texture? Have you played around with the curly girl method at all? Your hair may be curlier than you think. Beautiful!

sunflowersmiles
January 11th, 2015, 07:57 PM
My hair has some waves that can curl if I work with them. I am pretty sure that at the time of the second picture I was doing CO most of the time, with clarifying washes about every 2 weeks. Right now I am too lazy to really work with my hair (a 7 month old who just learned to crawl keeps me busy lol) so I usually run my tangle teaser through it once it dries and then braid, bun or (cringe I know) pull it in a pony tail. The last picture is 3rd day hair that I had just brushed out. I will have to get a picture of my natural waves and post it after I wash my hair next.

squirrrel
January 12th, 2015, 04:25 AM
Loving your growth. What a difference from when you started to finishing point. Wow! :)

TwilightShadow
January 12th, 2015, 04:57 AM
Wow, your hair looks a lot better in the recent picture! It's very pretty!

Red'N'Curly
January 12th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Your hair looks fantastic! And congratulations on the new baby. I also have a 7-months-old who is just starting to learn to crawl. They're so much fun!

Tussi
January 12th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Well grown :) Your hair looks so much more healthy!

hypersensitive
January 12th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Very nice! Great job!

Monkshood
January 12th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Lovely, and what a difference! Your hair on the first picture reminds me of my mother's. I'm tempted to show it to her so that she could see how pretty her hair could be with just some special care... :)

lapushka
January 12th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Nice growth!!! :D

GlassWidow
January 12th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Congratulations on your LHC anniversary! You've made a lot of changes since you first started - and you have beautiful hair to prove it! Thanks for sharing. :)

sunflowersmiles
January 12th, 2015, 04:39 PM
To be honest it would take about a week of blow drying to get my hair right back in the same state it was in. Heat seems to be a huge no no for me. It gives me split ends like nothing else! I only use heat to straighten my hair around Christmas or other holidays. I also am in love with baby oil for de-tangling and coconut oil for pre-wash treatments. I am so much happier and confident with my hair now. I used to be told I only had the patience for short hair, but long is so much easier for me! I like feeling like a princess and not the fuzzy haired maid. Thank you all for being so kind and for all of the tips I have gained from each of you. You saved my hair!

Kome
January 12th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Oh wow. Big difference. Looks much happier now. So lovely. Keep on growing. Can't wait to see it at Classic Length!

Vanilla
January 12th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I love your hemline! It really suits you. Happy hairiversary!