PDA

View Full Version : Someone asked me if I had sew in extensions!

kitcatsmeow
January 10th, 2015, 04:12 PM
And I was so flattered. This is after I did an Olaplex treatment on my ombre hair. She asked me how I kept it so healthy after lightening. Also I will add this is a classmate in cosmetology school that asked me :D thrilled! Can't wait to try this stuff with lightener (bleach)

meteor
January 10th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Awesome! :D And great reaction to this situation, kitcatsmeow! I always felt a bit weird when asked if my hair was extensions, but you are right: it's like a compliment. ;)

As for Olaplex, this product intrigues me more than any other cosmetic product has intrigued me in years! :!: :D I'm so looking forward to hearing a lot moar about it, especially about its ingredients and technology used to help with preventing/patch-repairing hair damage! :eye:

lapushka
January 10th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Yep, olaplex is big on YT as well. Heard it mentioned over and over again. It seems to be getting pretty popular.

kitcatsmeow
January 10th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Ladies, it's a game changer for sure! As long as care is taken, hair can be colored and lightened with little or no damage using Olaplex. Pretty amazing. I'm about to lightend some already bleached hair....stay tuned for results.

tokugawa.miyako
January 10th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Woah, really? I've never heard of it! But as a chemical colorer who has been looking for ways to minimize damage, I am very intrigued. I can't wait to hear how it turns out

meteor
January 11th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Yep, olaplex is big on YT as well. Heard it mentioned over and over again. It seems to be getting pretty popular.
Oh yes! And I've waded through YT and all over internet, but all I'm seeing are gushing reviews with zero information on ingredients. :shrug: If somebody knows the ingredients, could you please share, pretty please? :flower: At this stage of my long-hair journey, I don't trust anything without seeing MSDS sheets or at least basic info on ingredients.
I found this discussion on Olaplex FB (https://www.facebook.com/olaplex/posts/617721928335821) curious: nobody seemed to be able to get MSDS sheets from Olaplex, and when people emailed the provided address to get the info, they received no response. :hmm:

Ladies, it's a game changer for sure! As long as care is taken, hair can be colored and lightened with little or no damage using Olaplex. Pretty amazing. I'm about to lightend some already bleached hair....stay tuned for results.
Sounds really awesome! Definitely looking forward to hearing more! :D

Woah, really? I've never heard of it! But as a chemical colorer who has been looking for ways to minimize damage, I am very intrigued. I can't wait to hear how it turns out

Here is a small, on-going LHC thread on Olaplex, if you are interested :) : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=124721
I'm surprised there isn't more information and discussion on it yet.