PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hair Masks

melomane
January 8th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Mine is combing canned coconut milk in and then letting it sit in a shower cap for 30-40 min.

violacutie
July 12th, 2015, 08:41 PM
I love making a mask out of yogurt, coconut oil, and honey and letting it sit on my head (with a shower cap) for 1-2 hours!

missrandie
July 12th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Ye Olde SMT with a heat cap is my new go to.

betterhairday
July 13th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Mine is Pro Naturals Hair Repair Mask, contains my favorite oil, argan oil.

MINAKO
July 13th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Ask me what ISN'T my favorite mask, i don't even know what i have in the bathroom anymore, but at the moment i think i would still say Dessagne Paris Phytodess for dry hair or Goldwell Kerasilk Masque intense. I also like the Macadamia brand one and the Tresemme Keratin one i recently purchased, but they dont full ymeasure up.

meteor
July 13th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I'm with MINAKO, I love all sorts of hair masks.

Among the really simple recipes:
- gelatin mask (for protein)
- coconut oil (for pre-poo treatment)
- honey + olive oil (for dryness)

Most of the time, I just add some oil and/or honey to my conditioner/masque and it works great! :)

Aderyn
July 13th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Coconut oil as a pre-poo is fantastic. I don't know if I'll be able to continue using it since I started doing henndigo glosses, though, and I don't want the indigo to fade.

I do a WCC method everytime I wash my hair, which is once a week, and the second C is usually a "hair mask" or "deep conditioner" that I leave on for 5 minutes. Currently liking the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. No "holy grail" conditioners have been found for me yet. :)

MINAKO
July 13th, 2015, 08:45 PM
I'm with MINAKO, I love all sorts of hair masks.

Among the really simple recipes:
- gelatin mask (for protein)
- coconut oil (for pre-poo treatment)
- honey + olive oil (for dryness)

Most of the time, I just add some oil and/or honey to my conditioner/masque and it works great! :)

i often add the oil seperately before the mask and then mush and comb everything together. Im using only the Khadi revitalising hair oil recently and have to say its a bombastic mix of all natural oils and herbal extracts. Has sesame, a bit of coconut and all that good stuff at once, i couldnt be more pleased with a single product.

rosey4exclaim
July 13th, 2015, 11:58 PM
My go to mask combines ¼C coconut oil, ¼C honey, and an egg, and I let it sit under a shower cap or towel for about 15-30 minutes. This is more than enough to cover my thick, armpit-length hair; I used ⅓C of each and one or two eggs when it was waist-length. I used to use olive oil, and that works well (it just doesn't smell as good as coconut).

When I'm super broke, mayonnaise does the trick just as well.

*ReiKa*
July 14th, 2015, 04:00 AM
I also love coconut milk! It gives me a different result to coconut oil.. I use coconut milk whenever I want a softer feeling to my hair..
As other DIY hair masks, I really like the egg bomb (egg yolks, olive oil and honey) and a special shea butter I own (it contains also olive oil, coconut oil and cocoa butter, and it smells of jasmine!).
On a regular basis I use simple coconut oil or argan oil, I don't classify these as my "favourite" simply because they're not the richest hair masks I do, they're more "maintenance" masks.

Agnieszka108
March 26th, 2020, 03:07 PM
Wow I have never tried coconut milk as a mask, but I have some in the cupboard and am definitely going to have to do this!

Lucy McLucyFace
March 26th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Last time I tried a home recipe I found online I ended up mixing honey and olive oil but I completely forgot that the honey in America (and many other places) is very fluid. The honey i have is from my grandma's bees and it's extremely thick, almost solid even when it's warm out. It felt like I was applying glue to my hair and it got super tangled even with the olive oil. Haven't done any masks since

Dark40
March 29th, 2020, 12:16 PM
My favorite hair masks is Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Food Mask, and Maui Moisture Hair Masks. I've also always wanted to try SheaMoisture's Hair Masks but can come around to affording it. It is so expensive! But, I'm with the meteor. I love olive oil and coconut oil as a pre-poo, and then honey as a conditioner.

demonamay
March 30th, 2020, 06:22 PM
My favorites are Sebastian dark oil deep masque, and virgin unrefined coconut oil left in overnight a couple times a month, I usually alternate between these two

demonamay
April 6th, 2020, 06:07 PM
Cholesterol by queen Helene is amazing too

Aquaria
April 6th, 2020, 06:17 PM
I mix coconut oil, castor oil and a bit of olive oil in a bowl then massage my scalp with it and the rest I apply on my lengths/ends. It helps hair growth and shine at the same time and I just think its the best oils to use for hair. I know everyone raves about argan oil but personally I've not found it to be moisturizing enough since it's a dry oil its a thinner oil that absorbs really quick and I need wet oils. Keratin mask by the brand Kallos is a great one too and super cheap

curlqueenjadine
April 7th, 2020, 09:40 AM
Garnier Fructis Hair Food Aloe Vera and Coconut. Smells so good and is amazing for curls :)