PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hair Masks

melomane
January 8th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Mine is combing canned coconut milk in and then letting it sit in a shower cap for 30-40 min.

violacutie
July 12th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I love making a mask out of yogurt, coconut oil, and honey and letting it sit on my head (with a shower cap) for 1-2 hours!

missrandie
July 12th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Ye Olde SMT with a heat cap is my new go to.

betterhairday
July 13th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Mine is Pro Naturals Hair Repair Mask, contains my favorite oil, argan oil.

MINAKO
July 13th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Ask me what ISN'T my favorite mask, i don't even know what i have in the bathroom anymore, but at the moment i think i would still say Dessagne Paris Phytodess for dry hair or Goldwell Kerasilk Masque intense. I also like the Macadamia brand one and the Tresemme Keratin one i recently purchased, but they dont full ymeasure up.

meteor
July 13th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I'm with MINAKO, I love all sorts of hair masks.

Among the really simple recipes:
- gelatin mask (for protein)
- coconut oil (for pre-poo treatment)
- honey + olive oil (for dryness)

Most of the time, I just add some oil and/or honey to my conditioner/masque and it works great! :)

Aderyn
July 13th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Coconut oil as a pre-poo is fantastic. I don't know if I'll be able to continue using it since I started doing henndigo glosses, though, and I don't want the indigo to fade.

I do a WCC method everytime I wash my hair, which is once a week, and the second C is usually a "hair mask" or "deep conditioner" that I leave on for 5 minutes. Currently liking the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. No "holy grail" conditioners have been found for me yet. :)

MINAKO
July 13th, 2015, 09:45 PM
I'm with MINAKO, I love all sorts of hair masks.

Among the really simple recipes:
- gelatin mask (for protein)
- coconut oil (for pre-poo treatment)
- honey + olive oil (for dryness)

Most of the time, I just add some oil and/or honey to my conditioner/masque and it works great! :)

i often add the oil seperately before the mask and then mush and comb everything together. Im using only the Khadi revitalising hair oil recently and have to say its a bombastic mix of all natural oils and herbal extracts. Has sesame, a bit of coconut and all that good stuff at once, i couldnt be more pleased with a single product.

rosey4exclaim
July 14th, 2015, 12:58 AM
My go to mask combines C coconut oil, C honey, and an egg, and I let it sit under a shower cap or towel for about 15-30 minutes. This is more than enough to cover my thick, armpit-length hair; I used ⅓C of each and one or two eggs when it was waist-length. I used to use olive oil, and that works well (it just doesn't smell as good as coconut).

When I'm super broke, mayonnaise does the trick just as well.

*ReiKa*
July 14th, 2015, 05:00 AM
I also love coconut milk! It gives me a different result to coconut oil.. I use coconut milk whenever I want a softer feeling to my hair..
As other DIY hair masks, I really like the egg bomb (egg yolks, olive oil and honey) and a special shea butter I own (it contains also olive oil, coconut oil and cocoa butter, and it smells of jasmine!).
On a regular basis I use simple coconut oil or argan oil, I don't classify these as my "favourite" simply because they're not the richest hair masks I do, they're more "maintenance" masks.