PDA

View Full Version : Finally BSL! And question about coffee mask?

snowyx
January 8th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Hello everyone! I'm super excited because I reached my original goal of BSL. I want to keep growing, so maybe waist will be my new goal, but I'm not sure. I after 3.5 years of growing from a pixie, i reached waist+ (maybe hip) length, but I chopped my hair off myself to shoulder in Nov. 2013. In Dec. 2013, I got a trim to right above shoulder, and I now I am at solid BSL! I got one trim in between this, 2 months ago.

I'm pretty happy with my hair as of now, except for the fact that I have a 4-5 inch ombre at the ends of my hair. I would like to cut it off, but I don't think I would be happy at collarbone. So I decided that I would let my hair grow until waist, and then I will maintain and micro trim the bleached hair off.

Part of the reason why I am posting this is that I am very curious about a coffee mask that I heard helps with hair growth. I know that it might darken color, so I only want to apply the mask and massage it in my roots, so I don't darken my hair. My questions are:
1) Does anyone do coffee hair masks/treatments?
2) What are your results?
3) How do you do them? (Recipe and how long you leave on)
4) What do you do after? (How do you wash out, etc)

Thank you so much for your help, and I truly apologize for how badly this is written! I am studying nonstop for my SAT exam and my brain has turned to mush :)

SnottyDotty
January 8th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Congratulations on BSL. I too am growing out bleach so I empathise entirely :)

Sorry I can't answer you're question but I am also interested in coffee rinses so am keen to see what answers you get.

snowyx
January 8th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Here is a picture of my hair, I hope the link works!

http://i60.tinypic.com/imtovp.jpg

diddiedaisy
January 8th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Congratulations, it's exciting to reach milestones. Your hair looks lovely, and it also looks past bsl to me :)

TrapperCreekD
January 8th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Congrats on reaching your original goal! :hifive:

Here's the official caffeine rinse (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121903) thread, it has a ton of information. I've had great results with coffee! I use it as a pre-wash for several washes and those months I get an extra .5". My method's pretty simple: brew a heaping tablespoon of grounds in a cup of water; once cool, pour over scalp (holding length out of the way) and message in. Leave a minimum of 15 minutes, preferably an hour or so if I have time, then wash as normal.

snowyx
January 8th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Thank you so much! I will check out that thread. Have you noticed any darkening if you leave it on longer? Also, could i mix the coffee with oil (coconut or olive)?

TrapperCreekD
January 10th, 2015, 07:44 PM
What color is your hair? If it has, I can't really tell, my hair's pretty dark to begin with. As for the oil, I've never tried that but I don't see why it wouldn't work. :)

snowyx
January 10th, 2015, 08:04 PM
A picture that I took of my hair is a couple of post before this one. Its light (?) brown with natural highlights, with bleach at the ends (ombre). Blonde starts at around collarbone. If you take a look at the picture it would help better than my describing words.