PDA

View Full Version : Hair Growth Experiments Worked- 2.5" growth last month

MadPirateBippy
January 7th, 2015, 01:33 PM
So I have the flu, I will keep this short, if I meander, sorry.

I'm normally in the .75" to .5" growth rate range, towards the slower end in winter. I've been using Monistat for hair growth once every two weeks (meant to be weekly but life got in the way over the holidays) and two to three times a week, I'd take leftover coffee and let it soak into my scalp as a treatment in the shower in the mornings. Sometimes I'd just pop a couple of caffine pills into an empty shampoo bottle, run some warm water in there, and apply that to my scalp while my ends were sitting in conditioner. I'd rinse after I finished the rest of my shower.

My hair grew two and a half inches last month- TWO AND A HALF FREAKING INCHES. That's crazy. For winter growth, that's closer to what I normally get in five months- all winter, not just December! It didn't grow this fast just using Monistat, so it seems that for me the combination of Monistat and Caffeine/ Coffee is really working wonders. I'm shocked, really, I've never had my hair grow this fast.

I was pretty sure someone else would want to know this.

lunalocks
January 7th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Thank you for sharing. This is pretty amazing. I have been tracking my growth for the last 8 or so months and get a half inch or a smidge more. Going to try the caffeine, but, sorry, not the monostat. I will post results in a month.

Your hair is beautiful, by the way.

Enrapture
January 7th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I'm glad that it has worked for you! I do have to tell that I have a similar experience. I was using coffee and herbal rinses on scalp which I let soak in for some time, and got an inch (2.5 cm) of growth when I usually get around 1 cm a month. I still don't know whether it was the herbal rinse or coffee, but I think that coffee might be the one to blame ( this time I'd say praise! :) ) You encouraged me to do coffee rinses again :D

curiouskitty
January 7th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I need to try this. I've heard about caffeine-spiked shampoo and conditioner working wonders. Must be the increase in circulation to the scalp. Definitely trying!

Kome
January 7th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Interesing.... I may have to try this. :D

Nadine <3
January 7th, 2015, 04:33 PM
That's amazing! Unfortunately I can't participate in the caffeine experiments since I'm extremely sensitive to it :(

squirrrel
January 7th, 2015, 04:35 PM
What fabulous growth! :D

meteor
January 7th, 2015, 05:07 PM
That's absolutely amazing! Congratulations! :applause
My guess is that it happened due to the anti-fungal action of Monistat (promoting healthy scalp "flora") and the stimulating action of caffeine combined with massage that improves blood circulation.

My question is: how do you know how much coffee/caffeine to use in your applications or how much to add to your shampoo? Are there any sources to read on this? And can coffee be drying if used a lot (at high enough concentrations)?

TrapperCreekD
January 7th, 2015, 05:41 PM
:disbelief Wow, congrats!!!

Celtic_Willow
January 7th, 2015, 07:34 PM
I have a question, what kind of caffeine pills did you use? Were they tablets, that dissolved in the warm water or did you have to buy powder-filled capsules and open them up before adding to the water? Was thinking about how a lot of supplements are made with non water soluble fillers so that made me wonder! Thanks!

MadPirateBippy
January 7th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Tablets, just the cheap ones from Walmart, 25mg if I recall correctly, one or two, and I just leave it on for 30 minutes or so.

hanne jensen
January 8th, 2015, 12:50 AM
Bippy, green tea has caffeine, just not as much as coffee. Could I use green tea?

Congratulations on your fantastic hair growth!

Agnieszka
January 8th, 2015, 05:55 AM
I'm tempted... I think I would dissolve a caffeine pill and put it into small spray bottle and spray my scalp everyday... What do you guys think, does it sound safe?

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2015, 06:57 AM
I thought about trying caffeine pills since I have light hair and I've always used monistat off and on. I do love the results I get with it.

snowyx
January 8th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Wow! That's amazing growth. Could you please explain how you did the treatment? Did you just brew normal coffee and massage it in your scalp? How long do you let it sit?

Sorry for all the questions, I want to try it. Thank you!

Johannah
January 8th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Wowie! Congrats!

Belle Paix
January 8th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Definitely trying the caffeine pills!! Must buy this weekend! Thanks for the tip :)

ZoSo
January 8th, 2015, 08:38 AM
That sounds amazing, can you hear your hair growing:) Any idea how it works? Does the caffeine put the follicles into overdrive? I've been thinking of trying Monistat. In your opinion, which causes faster growth the caffeine or the Monistat?

LeonineMane
January 8th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to try the caffine pills in a bottle method, monistat did nothing for me so I hope this works.

edit: I've been reading up on this and the caffine works by blocking DHT, DHT damages folicles and causes baldness. Study says it increased hair length by 33-40%

lindsayhv
January 8th, 2015, 11:03 AM
WOW, I totally need to try this consistently! Unfortunately, I can't do this while pregnant so I have to wait a couple months, actually, probably longer due to nursing...I would love to see if I can get to BSL by the end of the year, even though I will probably undergo a serious shed/thinning after I have this baby! EEEEEK!

RapunzelKat
January 8th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to try the caffine pills in a bottle method, monistat did nothing for me so I hope this works.

edit: I've been reading up on this and the caffine works by blocking DHT, DHT damages folicles and causes baldness. Study says it increased hair length by 33-40%

Do you have a link to the study by chance? I'd be very interested to read it! I do love me some coffee :D

OP, congrats on your awesome growth!

Belle Paix
January 8th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Here's one, RapunzelKat:
http://www.hairboutique.com/blogs_p/index.php/2012/09/10/coffee-hair-growth-secrets/

pearlsandpinups
January 8th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Congratulations, that's FANTASTIC! :D Thank you also for posting it, now I totally want to try the coffee/caffeine experiment!!

Swan Maiden
January 8th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Now i know what to do with all the unliked coffee in my cabinent :)

lapushka
January 8th, 2015, 01:23 PM
I'd still rather ingest it than smear it on my head, sorry. :lol:

RapunzelKat
January 8th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Here's one, RapunzelKat:
http://www.hairboutique.com/blogs_p/index.php/2012/09/10/coffee-hair-growth-secrets/

Thank you! :flower:

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know if you can make a leave in with caffeine pills?

Belle Paix
January 8th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I'm making this right now...I've got it in my crock pot with the darkest roast I could find, lol. I'll post a pic once it's all done...And my results down the road....
Thanks to the OP for sharing!!

And you're welcome RapunzelKat :)

snowyx
January 8th, 2015, 05:13 PM
I'm making this right now...I've got it in my crock pot with the darkest roast I could find, lol. I'll post a pic once it's all done...And my results down the road....
Thanks to the OP for sharing!!

And you're welcome RapunzelKat :)

Are you just brewing coffee and putting it on your hair? or are you putting coffee grounds on it? How long are you leaving it on for?

LeonineMane
January 8th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Here's the link to the caffeine thread for all interested in more info http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121903

Nimia
January 8th, 2015, 08:22 PM

Now I've had to go read up on other rinses that can block DHT… Among interesting bits in my reading: peppermint oil can do it, too, but also "activates melanocytes," so (according to one source that of course I can't find again) your hair grows in darker. Licorice root will block DHT, but will make your hair grow in lighter (according to that same source). But then there was a rat study where they used licorice as a chemical depilatory, with permanent reduced-hair results. Don't think I'll test that one out on my head…

Also, apparently Nizoral/ketoconazole will increase hair growth, at least in men with androgenic alopecia.

Green tea has anti-androgenic effects, too.

All in all, caffeine tablets in water sound like the cheapest, easiest, least-risky route. Must now buy… I do already drink spearmint tea for the minor improvement it gives my complexion, but it hasn't made a difference to hair growth. From those caffeine studies, it sounds like you'd have to drink 50 cups of coffee a day for benefits, so rinses definitely sound like the way to go (can't see drinking 50 cups of spearmint tea, either).

And: who knew that your follicles so easily absorbed stuff? It's all fascinating.

hanne jensen
January 8th, 2015, 11:09 PM
I will be trying this. Tomorrow is hairwash day so I'll get Hubby to take a start measurement and a measurement after 30 days. To assist Bippy in the name of SCIENCE I'll post my results here.

Jonquil
January 8th, 2015, 11:16 PM
I'm picking up some caffeine tablets tomorrow and trying this out on the next wash day. I'd come across the study about the DHT inhibiting effect of coffee before and wanted to try it out. This thread is a sign that I finally need to try this rinse!

Avital88
January 9th, 2015, 01:08 AM
thats a lot of growth and since i am in cold Europe since 3 weeks i really noticed my growth has slowed down, this might be my lifesaver as it was growing so well before

Belle Paix
January 9th, 2015, 08:23 AM
I've got my oil all made and put together, but just curious to the others who are trying this...How long are you going to leave it on? And when are you applying it? I'm thinking maybe in my shampoo, or for a half hour before I shower. But should you do it daily, or what? Any ideas?

LongCurlyTress
January 9th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Good luck everyone! I can't wait to find out your results! ;) :popcorn:

MadPirateBippy
January 9th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I'd still rather ingest it than smear it on my head, sorry. :lol:

Ditto. The coffee that ends up on my head is the leftover coffee when I make too much. Instead of pouring it down the drain, I put it in a mason jar. I microwave it till it's warm, because I hate putting cold liquids on my scalp.

Does anyone know if you can make a leave in with caffeine pills?

Shouldn't be a problem at all, the caffine pills are colorless and dissolve beautifully in warm water. More expensive ones might have a buffer to prevent upset stomach, so in this case- cheaper is better.

Are you just brewing coffee and putting it on your hair? or are you putting coffee grounds on it? How long are you leaving it on for?

Just the coffee. I normally slop it on, put a shower cap on, then shave my legs/other things/scrub everything else/try to keep my feet looking nice. Then I condition and shampoo and condition again- so 20 minutes? My normal showers are about 5-10 min and not so luxurious, but I figure if I'm going to bother shaving my legs, I might as well be doing a hair treatment as well. Also, I like the color highlights that the coffee's been giving me, but I'm a darker brunette. If you were blond, this might not work as well, you might want to stick to caffine pills.

I will be trying this. Tomorrow is hairwash day so I'll get Hubby to take a start measurement and a measurement after 30 days. To assist Bippy in the name of SCIENCE I'll post my results here.

FOR SCIENCE!

I've got my oil all made and put together, but just curious to the others who are trying this...How long are you going to leave it on? And when are you applying it? I'm thinking maybe in my shampoo, or for a half hour before I shower. But should you do it daily, or what? Any ideas?

I guess you could do it daily. There's a caffeine rinse thread with a lot more info, I wouldn't do it more than 2x a week, because too much might retard growth. And I don't think I would have gotten the same results without the monistat, which usually doubles my growth rate from half an inch in the winter to an inch. If I had a spray bottle I might have tried the caffeine as a leave in, but all I had handy was a empty shampoo bottle, so that' what I used.

I hope this works for everyone else! That would be awesome! I will admit to some counting-my-chickens-before-they-hatch daydreaming. If my hair held steady at 2.5 inches a month for a year, that'd be 30 inches in a year- and that would put me at knee length in a year, not 5 or 6. I'm really hoping this is not a fluke!

Agnieszka
January 10th, 2015, 06:09 AM
I've started today this caffeine experiment too. I crushed two 50mg pills in 100ml of water and placed it in small spray bottle. I will be spraying everyday in the morning. Will let you know after a month how it went :-)

Arete
January 10th, 2015, 10:25 AM
And suddenly, all of LHC buys out all of the world's coffee caffiene pills, and monostat :laugh:

Totally trying this!

patienceneeded
January 10th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Interesting! I have to go to Target later today, I may see if they have caffeine pills while I'm there. I'm not interested in getting my head wet daily with caffeine-water spray, would it still (potentially) work if I only sprayed my scalp on wash day? I wash every 3-4 days.

jacqueline101
January 10th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Ditto. The coffee that ends up on my head is the leftover coffee when I make too much. Instead of pouring it down the drain, I put it in a mason jar. I microwave it till it's warm, because I hate putting cold liquids on my scalp.

Shouldn't be a problem at all, the caffine pills are colorless and dissolve beautifully in warm water. More expensive ones might have a buffer to prevent upset stomach, so in this case- cheaper is better.

Just the coffee. I normally slop it on, put a shower cap on, then shave my legs/other things/scrub everything else/try to keep my feet looking nice. Then I condition and shampoo and condition again- so 20 minutes? My normal showers are about 5-10 min and not so luxurious, but I figure if I'm going to bother shaving my legs, I might as well be doing a hair treatment as well. Also, I like the color highlights that the coffee's been giving me, but I'm a darker brunette. If you were blond, this might not work as well, you might want to stick to caffine pills.

FOR SCIENCE!

I guess you could do it daily. There's a caffeine rinse thread with a lot more info, I wouldn't do it more than 2x a week, because too much might retard growth. And I don't think I would have gotten the same results without the monistat, which usually doubles my growth rate from half an inch in the winter to an inch. If I had a spray bottle I might have tried the caffeine as a leave in, but all I had handy was a empty shampoo bottle, so that' what I used.

I hope this works for everyone else! That would be awesome! I will admit to some counting-my-chickens-before-they-hatch daydreaming. If my hair held steady at 2.5 inches a month for a year, that'd be 30 inches in a year- and that would put me at knee length in a year, not 5 or 6. I'm really hoping this is not a fluke!

I have 200mg tabs. I was wondering if they're too strong to use as a caffeine treatment. I do drink coffee tea and pop. I'm afraid of overdosing on them.

Night_Kitten
January 10th, 2015, 12:48 PM
I have 200mg tabs. I was wondering if they're too strong to use as a caffeine treatment. I do drink coffee tea and pop. I'm afraid of overdosing on them.
You could dilute them by adding more water and then using only part of the mixture saving the rest for future washes, or you could cut the tablet in half or to quarters if you prefer making a mixture for one use only...
No idea how much caffeine would be too much though, and if the effect accumulates with the caffeine you consume or not...

Reading this thread I'm tempted to try a caffeine rinse (thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge everyone :) ), will need to see if I can find some caffeine pills or cheap coffee...

jacqueline101
January 10th, 2015, 01:00 PM
You could dilute them by adding more water and then using only part of the mixture saving the rest for future washes, or you could cut the tablet in half or to quarters if you prefer making a mixture for one use only...
No idea how much caffeine would be too much though, and if the effect accumulates with the caffeine you consume or not...

Reading this thread I'm tempted to try a caffeine rinse (thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge everyone :) ), will need to see if I can find some caffeine pills or cheap coffee...

I'm going to try getting a pill cutter tomorrow at the store. I'm going to try this and I'll post my results.

LauraLongLocks
January 10th, 2015, 04:48 PM
I guess I need to give this another try. I know Trappercreek has had some success with this, too. I do things like this occasionally instead of being consistent with it, and never can tell if it's doing anything for me.

lapushka
January 10th, 2015, 04:50 PM

Oooh good idea! Now there's a purpose for that leftover coffee. :D

Clarkie
January 10th, 2015, 05:03 PM
I'm going to try getting a pill cutter tomorrow at the store. I'm going to try this and I'll post my results.

Are the pills scored? Do they have a line down the middle? If so you can push down on either side of the line and the pill should split in half. I've worked in pharmacy for many years and this is a trick we use to split lots of pills more quickly than using a pill cutter. :)

Clarkie
January 10th, 2015, 05:06 PM
I guess I need to give this another try. I know Trappercreek has had some success with this, too. I do things like this occasionally instead of being consistent with it, and never can tell if it's doing anything for me.

How often are you going to do this treatment? I'm so disappointed with my slow growth recently that I'm going to give it a try as well.

Carolyn
January 10th, 2015, 05:06 PM
LHC hasn't had a "let's all put food on our heads" fad for ages! I always have some leftover coffee so I'm on board with trying coffee as a rinse or as a spray on leave in. If it stains my silvers a darker color so much the better. I always make flavored coffee so maybe I'll have a bonus of smelling good too.

jacqueline101
January 10th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Are the pills scored? Do they have a line down the middle? If so you can push down on either side of the line and the pill should split in half. I've worked in pharmacy for many years and this is a trick we use to split lots of pills more quickly than using a pill cutter. :)

No they aren't scored. I tried a knife on them there was no going it these pills are tough. Damien wanted to take a meat cleaver to it.

Longtale
January 10th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Watching, wishing you all good results like the op.

Nimia
January 10th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I have henna'd tonight, and tomorrow will do a caffeine rinse. There should be a good line of demarcation to show how much growth I get in the next month. Present growth is a measly, depressing 1 cm. Bah!

Brattina88
January 10th, 2015, 09:10 PM
This is so interesting! I'm going to keep a close eye on this thread, I'm just now nailing my "winter routine" so I don't want to mess with it just yet. lol. But I can't wait to see if others get similar results before diving in as well! :p

chen bao jun
January 10th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I am so tempted to try this. I guess theres nothing to lose, is there.
I do get horrible tummy aches from coffee though. and I'm prone to headaches.

LauraLongLocks
January 10th, 2015, 09:55 PM
How often are you going to do this treatment? I'm so disappointed with my slow growth recently that I'm going to give it a try as well.

The effect is supposed to last about a week per application. Maybe I'll do it once a week. Trying to figure out when/how I will work this into my weekly routine. I've been pre-poo oiling, and the caffeine needs access to your pores. Can't get that through the oil.

Adiro
January 11th, 2015, 12:31 AM
I never heared of these treatments before! Thank you for posting!
I am still shedding a lot ( one year postpartum) and getting quite sad about it....
Ok , I understood how to apply the coffee... But how do you apply Monistat?

Agnieszka
January 11th, 2015, 02:23 AM
I am still shedding a lot ( one year postpartum) and getting quite sad about it....

Oh I'm sorry to hear that... May I just say my baby is almost a year now, and my hair stopped falling about a month ago when I decreased breastfeeding and got my fertility back ( this was about two months ago). Also my hair is growing back so yours should grow back too. Have you checked your iron levels?

hanne jensen
January 11th, 2015, 04:45 AM
I did my first coffee rinse yesterday and there has got to be an easier way to apply it. I got more coffee in the bathroom than on my head.

Wed. I will dump some puh-eh tea on dry dirty hair and let it set for 1/2 hour and then wash. Sat. will be coffee again but in dry dirty hair. My scalp can't get that dirty in a few days. Looking forwart to seeing some dramatic results...

Enrapture
January 11th, 2015, 05:31 AM
I did my first coffee rinse yesterday and there has got to be an easier way to apply it. I got more coffee in the bathroom than on my head.

I've tried many ways to apply coffee (pouring on head, spritzing, with hands etc.). The most effective way for me is to use a dropper (I use the long one that is used in chemistry labs). It control the amount I put on my head and it doesn't get anywhere.

Atira
January 11th, 2015, 07:56 AM
I am sitting in the bath with a 200mg (all I can find) pill in my hair. Lol. My hair grows abysmally slow, especially being postpartum. Like two inches a year. So I'm going to try this!

Where do you find monistat and what is its? And how to apply

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I am sitting in the bath with a 200mg (all I can find) pill in my hair. Lol. My hair grows abysmally slow, especially being postpartum. Like two inches a year. So I'm going to try this!

Monistat is in the feminine aisle at my local store. You can apply it straight from the tube or add water to it by using a dye bottle. You mix it with warm water so the monistat will melt better.

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I cut my 200mg pill in fourths. I added 8oz of water to my spray bottle. I warmed the water then added my pill stirred and it looked like fizzy water. I'm going to do this Thursday. On my day off from work so if I experience caffeine issues I'll be at home. Monday and Wednesday I'm trying another growth challenge. I'm giving monistat a rest.

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I forgot it has to be in your pores I'm doing it Saturday on freshly washed hair. Mist it on then my leave ins and braid. There's my routine and Monday Wednesday Friday my other growth treatment.

Arete
January 11th, 2015, 01:02 PM
So I did my first caffiene treatment today. I emptied a capsule of 200 mg into an 8 oz spray bottle and mixed it up with water. I then kept spraying it on my scalp and rubbing it in until the bottle was used up. The excess ran down and wet me ends. I'll be washing my hair in a little bit, and I plan to do this once a week. I measured my hair yesterday so we'll see in a month if it makes a difference

Sarahlabyrinth
January 11th, 2015, 01:10 PM
I think I shall try this - if would be great if it worked - even once! Increased growth here we come!

Clarkie
January 11th, 2015, 01:55 PM
The effect is supposed to last about a week per application. Maybe I'll do it once a week. Trying to figure out when/how I will work this into my weekly routine. I've been pre-poo oiling, and the caffeine needs access to your pores. Can't get that through the oil.

I've been trying to stretch washes to once per week during the winter so this sounds like a good place to start. What if you just do your pre-poo oiling starting about 1 inch down from the scalp? Would that work for you?

swearnsue
January 11th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Has anyone had any results yet they want to share? Less shedding? Faster growth? If anyone is gray or blonde and using brewed coffee on their hair; is it causing any permanent dye coloring?

Belle Paix
January 11th, 2015, 02:44 PM
So I did my first treatment today. I'd put 2 0z of coffee beans in my crockpot with 2 cups of coconut oil. Cooked for 6 hours or so, then filtered out all the coffee beans using a filter inside a strainer. This was all about a week or so? Today, I washed my hair, dried it a little with my turbi, then, while still in the shower, applied the slightly warmed up oil to my wet-ish hair using an old (but unused) hair color bottle. Rewrapped in a turbi and left it in for about an hour. My hair is pretty short still, about mid neck length, so I should be able to tell if there's significant growth in the next week or so. I'll apply it again next Sunday. Anxiously waiting for all the results on this, Lol! It'd be awesome if this increases growth, even a little!

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Has anyone had any results yet they want to share? Less shedding? Faster growth? If anyone is gray or blonde and using brewed coffee on their hair; is it causing any permanent dye coloring?

If try caffeine pills. No results to report yet I'm trying this myself.

Jonquil
January 11th, 2015, 03:07 PM
I also did my first coffee rinse today! I dissolved about 1 tsp of coffee (Nescafe) in about 1.5 cups of hot tap water. After shampooing I poured this all over my head - it had cooled down at this point - and left it on for about 5 minutes while I finished the rest of my shower activities. Then rinsed it all out, conditioned the ends, etc.

My longest layers were a smidgen under 30" long on January 8th and I've been sitting at a steady 0.5" growth per month. I'm so excited to follow this thread and see if there are any more amazing results!

chen bao jun
January 11th, 2015, 04:46 PM
I have got green coffee bean extract because my store didn't have caffeine pills. It seems to have caffeine, so I'll see how it works. I didn't want to do coffee itself because I have some grey hair that I wish to keep.

Arete
January 11th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Obviously too early for growth results, but one thing I did notice is how shiny my hair is. So caffeine pills at least give you shiny hair :p

Sarahlabyrinth
January 11th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Obviously too early for growth results, but one thing I did notice is how shiny my hair is. So caffeine pills at least give you shiny hair :p

So did you pour the caffeine all over your hair? Not just your roots?

Arete
January 11th, 2015, 05:31 PM
I sprayed it all over my scalp/roots, and the excess ran down my ends and got them wet too.

chen bao jun
January 11th, 2015, 08:14 PM
My head still burns and I shed a LOT when I washed. Pretty sure that green bean pill stuff is too strong l hope I don't go bald here. ..

MadPirateBippy
January 12th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Interesting! I have to go to Target later today, I may see if they have caffeine pills while I'm there. I'm not interested in getting my head wet daily with caffeine-water spray, would it still (potentially) work if I only sprayed my scalp on wash day? I wash every 3-4 days.

There's a caffeine rinse thread that's awesome, and I got some boost with caffeine using it before, but this month was caffeine + monistat. I think there's a synergy thing going on with that. Monistat once a week, and then twice a week, coffee or caffeine pills in water on the scalp for 20 min in the shower.

Once a week for monistat- I usually do it on Sundays. Twice a week for coffee/pill water. Leave it in contact with scalp for at least twenty minutes.

LHC hasn't had a "let's all put food on our heads" fad for ages! I always have some leftover coffee so I'm on board with trying coffee as a rinse or as a spray on leave in. If it stains my silvers a darker color so much the better. I always make flavored coffee so maybe I'll have a bonus of smelling good too.

Ah, yes, there's been some fun ones of those? I still brilliantly remember getting cayenne pepper enriched conditioner in my eyes. My bleached hair is getting stained darker with the coffee, it should do an OK temp stain on the silver.

I have henna'd tonight, and tomorrow will do a caffeine rinse. There should be a good line of demarcation to show how much growth I get in the next month. Present growth is a measly, depressing 1 cm. Bah!

Don't forget the monistat, too. Caffeine alone did not give me results like this.

Well, the caffeine will get into your blood stream this way, but it shouldn't effect your stomach lining, and caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and in migraine meds, so hopefully it won't give you headaches.

It didn't kick in for me until I was doing the coffee twice a week to three times a week, and monistat once a week.

I get the $4 box of the 7 day treatment from my local walmart, and just apply it directly to my scalp in a grid pattern. I use a rat tail comb to help me part my hair.

Wed. I will dump some puh-eh tea on dry dirty hair and let it set for 1/2 hour and then wash. Sat. will be coffee again but in dry dirty hair. My scalp can't get that dirty in a few days. Looking forwart to seeing some dramatic results...

I keep it in a mason jar, tilt my head back, and pour it in my hair starting at my widow's peak. I also have some new brown stains on the paint above my shower. :)

It's coochie cream! You find it in the feminine hygene section for yeast infections. A few women noticed that they had to get waxed more frequently when they needed to use it, and I call it Vitamin M for my hair. I buy a lot of it at the store, and after 5 years of using it to make my hair grow I don't even blink when buying it in bulk. The poor ladies at WalMart must think I'm mad.

So I did my first caffiene treatment today. I emptied a capsule of 200 mg into an 8 oz spray bottle and mixed it up with water. I then kept spraying it on my scalp and rubbing it in until the bottle was used up. The excess ran down and wet me ends. I'll be washing my hair in a little bit, and I plan to do this once a week. I measured my hair yesterday so we'll see in a month if it makes a difference

Don't forget the monistat, or check with the caffeine rinse thread for more of what those ladies are doing. I am pretty sure this was a synergistic thing.

Oi, Sue, I only made the post a day or two ago! I have bleached streaks, the coffee has darkened them, and I am loving the richness it gives my dark brown hair. I've had somewhat less shedding than normal over the last month, but that's pretty common for me in the winters anyway. My hair is growing way super crazy faster than it normally does. The coloring of the coffee shouldn't be permanent unless your hair is damaged (bleach) in the first place.

So I did my first treatment today. I'd put 2 0z of coffee beans in my crockpot with 2 cups of coconut oil. Cooked for 6 hours or so, then filtered out all the coffee beans using a filter inside a strainer. This was all about a week or so? Today, I washed my hair, dried it a little with my turbi, then, while still in the shower, applied the slightly warmed up oil to my wet-ish hair using an old (but unused) hair color bottle. Rewrapped in a turbi and left it in for about an hour. My hair is pretty short still, about mid neck length, so I should be able to tell if there's significant growth in the next week or so. I'll apply it again next Sunday. Anxiously waiting for all the results on this, Lol! It'd be awesome if this increases growth, even a little!

I'll be interested to see how that works for you- I checked and caffeine is fat soluble, so it should have come out in the cooking in the crock pot. You can also just mix the caff pill with the coconut oil and pop it in the microwave for the same result with a little less work. Remember that the caffeine effects the scalp only- it doesn't do anything to apply it to your length, so you can use regular untreated oil on your length and save your special oil for your scalp.

Are you going to use Vitamin M as well?

I also did my first coffee rinse today! I dissolved about 1 tsp of coffee (Nescafe) in about 1.5 cups of hot tap water. After shampooing I poured this all over my head - it had cooled down at this point - and left it on for about 5 minutes while I finished the rest of my shower activities. Then rinsed it all out, conditioned the ends, etc.

My longest layers were a smidgen under 30" long on January 8th and I've been sitting at a steady 0.5" growth per month. I'm so excited to follow this thread and see if there are any more amazing results!

Good luck! Don't forget the monistat as well.

I put it on the roots but it got everywhere, I wasn't careful about it.

MadPirateBippy
January 12th, 2015, 11:21 PM

There's a caffeine rinse thread that's awesome, and I got some boost with caffeine using it before, but this month was caffeine + monistat. I think there's a synergy thing going on with that. Monistat once a week, and then twice a week, coffee or caffeine pills in water on the scalp for 20 min in the shower.

Once a week for monistat- I usually do it on Sundays. Twice a week for coffee/pill water. Leave it in contact with scalp for at least twenty minutes.

Ah, yes, there's been some fun ones of those? I still brilliantly remember getting cayenne pepper enriched conditioner in my eyes. My bleached hair is getting stained darker with the coffee, it should do an OK temp stain on the silver.

Don't forget the monistat, too. Caffeine alone did not give me results like this.

Well, the caffeine will get into your blood stream this way, but it shouldn't effect your stomach lining, and caffeine is a vasoconstrictor and in migraine meds, so hopefully it won't give you headaches.

It didn't kick in for me until I was doing the coffee twice a week to three times a week, and monistat once a week.

I get the $4 box of the 7 day treatment from my local walmart, and just apply it directly to my scalp in a grid pattern. I use a rat tail comb to help me part my hair.

I keep it in a mason jar, tilt my head back, and pour it in my hair starting at my widow's peak. I also have some new brown stains on the paint above my shower. :)

It's coochie cream! You find it in the feminine hygene section for yeast infections. A few women noticed that they had to get waxed more frequently when they needed to use it, and I call it Vitamin M for my hair. I buy a lot of it at the store, and after 5 years of using it to make my hair grow I don't even blink when buying it in bulk. The poor ladies at WalMart must think I'm mad.

Don't forget the monistat, or check with the caffeine rinse thread for more of what those ladies are doing. I am pretty sure this was a synergistic thing.

Oi, Sue, I only made the post a day or two ago! I have bleached streaks, the coffee has darkened them, and I am loving the richness it gives my dark brown hair. I've had somewhat less shedding than normal over the last month, but that's pretty common for me in the winters anyway. My hair is growing way super crazy faster than it normally does. The coloring of the coffee shouldn't be permanent unless your hair is damaged (bleach) in the first place.

I'll be interested to see how that works for you- I checked and caffeine is fat soluble, so it should have come out in the cooking in the crock pot. You can also just mix the caff pill with the coconut oil and pop it in the microwave for the same result with a little less work. Remember that the caffeine effects the scalp only- it doesn't do anything to apply it to your length, so you can use regular untreated oil on your length and save your special oil for your scalp.

butterflybutton
January 13th, 2015, 12:25 AM
MadPirateBippy, could you please let me know if you wash out the monistat before putting the coffee rinse through? Thanks.

schatten
January 13th, 2015, 02:31 AM
I'm new to Monistat, can someone tell me what product of Monistat you're exactly using?

jacqueline101
January 13th, 2015, 06:32 AM
I'm new to Monistat, can someone tell me what product of Monistat you're exactly using?

I use the 7 day cream in the tube.

Belle Paix
January 13th, 2015, 08:54 AM

I'd love to know where you found the info about the caffeine being fat soluble...from what I could find, it's not. Do you have the link? And what's Vitamin M?Lol...Monistat??

gwenalyn
January 13th, 2015, 12:34 PM
MadPirateBippy, are you using the same regimen this month? Will you post your growth for this month too? I'm very curious about this, 2.5"/month seems amazing & even unrealistic!

Sarahlabyrinth
January 13th, 2015, 01:33 PM
So - I did a caffeine rinse this morning.

lindsayhv
January 13th, 2015, 01:35 PM
So - I did a caffeine rinse this morning.
I guess it will take awhile before you see results!?

Sarahlabyrinth
January 13th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I will not expect to see results right away. Indeed,
it may not even make any difference to my growth, I will just have to wait and see:) I will do two rinses a week.

Arete
January 13th, 2015, 02:18 PM
MadPirateBippy, I am waiting to add the monistat until next month. I want to see what happens with just the caffeine before adding the monistat.

aleighkatz
January 13th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Do you feel jittery or caffeinated after the rinse? I'm super interested in trying this but am very sensitive to caffeine.

Arete
January 13th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Do you feel jittery or caffeinated after the rinse? I'm super interested in trying this but am very sensitive to caffeine.
I am too, and I actually lay down and napped for a bit after the application and had no problems going to bed that night. (Did mine around 1:30 in the afternoon). I'm the kind of person who is normally bouncing off the walls with a little caffeine, so I was worried about that happening with the topical application, but it was not the case.

cdonald2
January 13th, 2015, 05:09 PM

How do you apply the monistat?

Sarahlabyrinth
January 13th, 2015, 05:36 PM
I feel just the same as usual after my caffeine rinse. It was so diluted that likely only a tiny amount would have gotten into my bloodstream, if any. I feel fine. (Did I just say "gotten?") My hair is dry now and up for the day.

luvlonghair75
January 13th, 2015, 05:55 PM
I have to LOL at "Vitamin M"! :D I am learning something new everyday here! Wow, this is a fascinating forum!

lunalocks
January 13th, 2015, 05:56 PM
I did my second caffeine treatment yesterday. The first time I just dumped it over my hair and left it as a leave in on my scalp (washing it out of my length so i could do my catnip soak. My family thinks I'm nuts). Yesterday I kept it on my head for about 20min (after washing my scalp) and then washed it out. I will do this for the rest of the month, and then give Feb over to monostat once a week and caffeine soaks twice a week - following our fearless leader's routine.

I had no problem with jitters or getting to sleep with coffee in the afternoon and I can't drink the stuff after 12 noon as it will keep me up half the night.

I do SMELL a little like coffee, even though I washed it out! But it's not a bad smell.

Lyv
January 14th, 2015, 06:02 AM
I'm thinking about trying this again. I did both monistat and a couple of caffeine rinses with coffee but I didn't do it nearly enough to see if it would actually work. Putting on the monistat was just so tedious lol. Do you think mixing the monistat in with the caffeine and water would work or should they be done separately? I think I'd be more likely to actually do it if it was just one quick step.

MadPirateBippy
January 15th, 2015, 11:01 PM
MadPirateBippy, are you using the same regimen this month? Will you post your growth for this month too? I'm very curious about this, 2.5"/month seems amazing & even unrealistic!

I've been a Guru on the board (they removed that thing, kind of funny) for nine and a half years, and I've never had my hair grow this fast. It is amazing and unrealistic! I hope a couple of other people try it, let's see if we can reproduce these results. I'm trying it again, let's see if I can get my hair to do it, too!

It's funny but in a way I'm kind of bummed it worked this well- I got a ultrasonic jewlery cleaning machine and I was going to see if I could make liposomal MSM to apply to my scalp to boost growth, but now I have to see this experiment through before I add another variable. Darn it! I had a shiny new toy to play with!

I'm thinking about trying this again. I did both monistat and a couple of caffeine rinses with coffee but I didn't do it nearly enough to see if it would actually work. Putting on the monistat was just so tedious lol. Do you think mixing the monistat in with the caffeine and water would work or should they be done separately? I think I'd be more likely to actually do it if it was just one quick step.

Try it, let us know how it works! FOR SCIENCE!. Seriously, you're not the only person to ask, if you'd try it and report your results that would be mega awesome amazeballs.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 15th, 2015, 11:31 PM
So, what about the monistat? Do you use it neat or diluted? How long do you leave it on for before washing it out? .....considering trying it......

Also is it hard to wash out? I suppose once you wash it out you could do a caffeine rinse afterwards.

So, how often would you apply the monistat? Once a month? Once a week? How long do you keep up the regime? I sure would love another couple of inches....

Doing my second caffeine rinse tomorrow.

hanne jensen
January 16th, 2015, 04:51 AM
Does one have to take a break from caffeine rinses? Does the scalp develope an immunity to coffee?

Sarahlabyrinth
January 16th, 2015, 04:14 PM
So... I just went out and bought Canesten, which is sold here.

Active ingredient:Clotrimazole10mg/g
other ingredients: Sorbitan monostearate
Polysorbate 60
Cetyl palmitate
Cetostearyl alcohol
Octyldodecanol
Benzyl alcohol
Purified water

So... is Clotrimazole like Monistat?

Can I use this stuff?

divinedobbie
January 16th, 2015, 05:46 PM
So... I just went out and bought Canesten, which is sold here.

Active ingredient:Clotrimazole10mg/g
other ingredients: Sorbitan monostearate
Polysorbate 60
Cetyl palmitate
Cetostearyl alcohol
Octyldodecanol
Benzyl alcohol
Purified water

So... is Clotrimazole like Monistat?

Can I use this stuff?

I think that as long as it's an anti fungal, it will have similar effects. Only time and trial will tell though :)

MadPirateBippy
January 16th, 2015, 06:32 PM
So, what about the monistat? Do you use it neat or diluted? How long do you leave it on for before washing it out? .....considering trying it......

Also is it hard to wash out? I suppose once you wash it out you could do a caffeine rinse afterwards.

So, how often would you apply the monistat? Once a month? Once a week? How long do you keep up the regime? I sure would love another couple of inches....

Doing my second caffeine rinse tomorrow.

I use Monistat neat. Once a week, I'll use a rat tail comb and part my hair, then while gently squeezing the tube, run it along my scalp until my scalp feels cool. Just a little bit- and I'll rub that into my scalp, make a part a little to the left (or right) of the first one, and lay another trail down.

There's a few threads and, if you use google, even a couple of webstites about it, as well as this lovely list:

I do it this way, but I don't dilute the monistat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0HIwdB5ak

And there's a bunch of other youtube tutorials here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=monistat+hair

Sarahlabyrinth
January 16th, 2015, 06:42 PM
I use Monistat neat. Once a week, I'll use a rat tail comb and part my hair, then while gently squeezing the tube, run it along my scalp until my scalp feels cool. Just a little bit- and I'll rub that into my scalp, make a part a little to the left (or right) of the first one, and lay another trail down.

There's a few threads and, if you use google, even a couple of webstites about it, as well as this lovely list:

I do it this way, but I don't dilute the monistat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0HIwdB5ak

And there's a bunch of other youtube tutorials here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=monistat+hair

Thank you for this - so I'm assuming you don't leave it in?

jacqueline101
January 17th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I did my caffeine mist on treatment today. I washed conditioned and dried my hair half dry. Then I mist caffeine water on my scalp. I feel no difference.

Agnieszka
January 17th, 2015, 12:27 PM
I spray my scalp every other day with diluted coffee or undiluted green tea (contain caffeine too) and wash my scalp once a week with Nizoral (as advised on hair loss forums) it's anti fungal shampoo but drying so I try to use it only on my scalp. Caffeine pills were blocking my spray bottle. 8th of February will take the photo to compare. Good luck everyone involved in this project :-)

MadPirateBippy
January 18th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Thank you for this - so I'm assuming you don't leave it in?

I leave the monistat in at least overnight (I'll do it when I'm done going out for the day, and sleep with it in if I can).

I spray my scalp every other day with diluted coffee or undiluted green tea (contain caffeine too) and wash my scalp once a week with Nizoral (as advised on hair loss forums) it's anti fungal shampoo but drying so I try to use it only on my scalp. Caffeine pills were blocking my spray bottle. 8th of February will take the photo to compare. Good luck everyone involved in this project :-)

I just got some Nizoral as well, and I'm debating making liposomal MSM and seeing if applying it directly to my scalp will increase hair growth, but I need to clear this experiment first- was it just a freak month or is there something to this? I shouldn't be using the Nizoral since it's adding extra variables to my experiments on my own hair, but screw it- I want it to grow fast fast fast!

MINAKO
January 19th, 2015, 12:35 AM
no monistat for me girls, but. i havebeen caffeine rinsing for a long time now and while in the beginning i might have had a liiiiittle bit of a faster growth period, my scalp seems to have gotten used to it. but the coffee also help to preserve darl colors and the slight acidity is good in a final rinse anyways.
hmmm i might have to try and go crazy on these tablets or even buy this sort of single portion powder stuff, who knows if it will help to topically overdose like hell, haha. i will report.

Lyv
January 19th, 2015, 04:41 AM
I've been a Guru on the board (they removed that thing, kind of funny) for nine and a half years, and I've never had my hair grow this fast. It is amazing and unrealistic! I hope a couple of other people try it, let's see if we can reproduce these results. I'm trying it again, let's see if I can get my hair to do it, too!

It's funny but in a way I'm kind of bummed it worked this well- I got a ultrasonic jewlery cleaning machine and I was going to see if I could make liposomal MSM to apply to my scalp to boost growth, but now I have to see this experiment through before I add another variable. Darn it! I had a shiny new toy to play with!

Try it, let us know how it works! FOR SCIENCE!. Seriously, you're not the only person to ask, if you'd try it and report your results that would be mega awesome amazeballs.

I did it! On saturday night I put a caffeine tablet in a spray bottle with some monistat (didn't measure just squeezed some in) and then added a cup of warm water and shook it up. I sprayed that all over my scalp and left it in overnight. It was really quick and easy! I'm hoping it will still be okay to use the same mix next time because I have a lot left over. I'm going to keep doing it the night before I wash for at least the next month and then we'll see if it worked! I think I might have to decide if it did visually. I measured my hair last night and according to my tape measure I've only grown .5 inch in the last 3 months but went from above shoulder to collarbonish which is more than .5 inch haha!

Belle Paix
January 19th, 2015, 01:54 PM
So 8 days ago, I did coconut oil with coffee beans simmered into it. I literally COULD NOT talk myself into applying it again! It may work great, but I'm weird about having oily hair; even if its just around the house. Even when I'd thoroughly rinsed it, it still felt oily for a couple days. It may have been all in my head, but I just couldn't get over it.
So today, I went to Target and got some caffeine pills. They had them at the pharmacy, behind the counter. They're 200 mg each. I dissolved 3 of them into an empty 18 oz bottle along with 5 drops of lavender for the smell. I washed my hair, conditioned, toweled off a bit, then dumped some of the mix onto my hands and combed it through my hair. I focused on the roots, obviously. I'm going to use this mix every couple of days, after I wash and condition, and see how it goes. I'm keeping a thorough hair journal, and also measured just a few days ago, so I should be able to track any changes :).

Monsterkitti
January 19th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I've been using a coffee rinse when i wash weekly for a few months now but have decided to give the monistat/caffeine mix a go. Going to try monistat application once a week and then using my normal coffee rinse on wash day. Ive been getting good growth recently but fingers crossed this gives me an extra boost!

MadPirateBippy
January 19th, 2015, 02:57 PM
I did it! On saturday night I put a caffeine tablet in a spray bottle with some monistat (didn't measure just squeezed some in) and then added a cup of warm water and shook it up. I sprayed that all over my scalp and left it in overnight. It was really quick and easy! I'm hoping it will still be okay to use the same mix next time because I have a lot left over. I'm going to keep doing it the night before I wash for at least the next month and then we'll see if it worked! I think I might have to decide if it did visually. I measured my hair last night and according to my tape measure I've only grown .5 inch in the last 3 months but went from above shoulder to collarbonish which is more than .5 inch haha!

Our hero! Thank you! Keep us in the loop and let us know how it goes!

salomers
January 19th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the growth. I actually read something about caffeine improving circulation about 10 years ago. It is definitely worth a try.

swearnsue
January 19th, 2015, 07:08 PM
I started coffee rinses on Jan 13. I'm just using leftover coffee and pouring over my scalp and leaving it on for about 2 minutes and rinsing out.

Immediate results are less shedding! Slight scalp tingling for a few hours after using it.

My hair measured 26" on Jan 13, today it measured "a bit over 26inches" per DH. So that means less than 26 1/4 inches. So lets say my hair grew 1/8 inch in a week, that would be my usual rate of 1/2 inch per month.

I'm going to continue for at least a month though and see how it goes. I really like the less shedding.

MadPirateBippy
January 27th, 2015, 08:31 AM
YAY RESULTS POST

Ok, so the first post in this thread and my last measure was on Jan 7th. Today is to Jan 27th, so we're on 20 days.

I was bad and didn't do the coffee/caffeine rinses as often as I should have (missed the twice a week, been sick and honestly most of my hair washes were shampoo only, to keep time down). I am amused that I managed to mess up my own freaking hair growth protocol.

The results are kind of obvious. I have about a dozen or two dozen hairs at 30.5 inches, the bulk of my hair is at 30 inches, and it's all at 29.

When I measured on the 7th, I was at 28 1/2 inches.

So 20 days, and the outliers/longest hairs are at 2 inches of growth. All my hair has grown at least half an inch, most of it an inch and a half, and some of it has rushed ahead two full inches. And I have not been doing the coffee rinses the way I should, as I've been drinking all the coffee.

Normally I don't get a few hairs growing super fast waiting for the rest to catch up, my guess is those were the ones at the right phase when I applied the caffeine rinses, which I've been amazingly inconsistent with. I think I've done maybe one every other week while fighting the winter cold that's been choking the life out of me. My other theory is that the rest of my hair hasn't grown as fast because I've used up the available sulfur, so MSM it is!

Anyone else have preliminary results yet?

jacqueline101
January 27th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Saturday was my second week at doing this. I'm going to give mine a month and I have noticed my bangs need trimmed. My bangs have grown a lot.

Mearwynna
January 27th, 2015, 07:35 PM
How much msm are you taking?

hanne jensen
January 28th, 2015, 01:19 AM
I'm marinading in green tea powder now. I use extra strenght green tea and 3 days later coffee. I will wash my hair in Nioxin products today. I don't use MN as it clogged my follicles last time I used it. The only Mn available here in Denmark is a knock off brand that is liquid parrafin based. My scalp hates parrafin and I need industrial strength cleansers to remove it. Nioxin also stimulates the scalp.

cascadinggems
January 28th, 2015, 01:26 AM
That's incredible! Anyone who has tried this: how long do you let it sit on your scalp?

Federica
January 28th, 2015, 05:40 AM
Ok, I must thank you, OP, for this!
I started the caffeine treatment last week, using a double brewed coffee that here in Italy is called the Student's Coffee - basically you brew a regular coffee and then you use it instead of water in brewing another one with fresh grounded coffee.
I put it all over my scalp and let it be for 30-60 minutes, then WCC as always.
I noticed that this first week my roots seem to grow a bit faster, but may be only self-suggestion.
I can't wait to see if it works so good on me too!

Arete
January 28th, 2015, 11:04 AM
I have definitely been shedding less. I will measure in a week to see if it effected growth rate. And then start the monistat and hopefully get results like yours MadPirateBippy!

divinedobbie
January 28th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Very preliminary observations:

On January 1, my hair measured 25". On January 16, I measured a little more than halfway to 25.5", which is normal growth for me (0.5"/month).

I started monistat on Jan 16, so it's been 12 days. In those 12 days I applied monistat twice (a week apart), left overnight and washed out in the morning. I also did 5 caffeine rinses (approx every 3rd day, 200 mg tablet dissolved in about a cup of water) poured over my hair, focusing on roots. I left it on while I showered which on the weekends was probably about 10-15 minutes but on weekdays I have to hurry in the morning so it was probably only on my hair for 2-4 minutes. I did read that hair follicles reach maximum absorbance within 2 minutes anyway.

Today, I measured my hair and my hair is barely reaching 25.5" which is normal growth rate. I will keep doing this but I think that if I was going to see anything major, I would already be seeing some extra growth.

swearnsue
January 28th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Two weeks of caffeine rinses and my hair has grown 1/4 inch in two weeks. This is normal but I'm going to continue for at least another 2 weeks.

Nimia
January 29th, 2015, 10:49 AM
2.5 weeks in, and growth rate is normal, no boost at all. I've also been using Nizoral. Caffeine rinses are three times a week, 200 mg dissolved in a quart of water and dumped on my head before my shower. It sits for 2-5 minutes before the shampoo goes on.

lunalocks
January 29th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Just did my monthly measure (2 days early) and grew my usual 1/2 inch. Had done caffeine soaks about 5 times this past month.

SO - I bit the bullet and bought some monostat. Did my first treatment yesterday - left it on my scalp for 2 hours, then did a coffee soak for another hour. I will do the coffee twice a week and the monostat once a week and check in with my stats in another month. Will try to leave the monastat on over night next time.

Had tingly scalp. Had the twinge of a headache all day yesterday. Noticed less shed during shower after the coffee. That's nice. Hair is smoother and less wavy (I'm a 2 right after airdrying I get waves but after bunning for a day, it straightens out. it's straighter than usual.)

Snivellus
January 30th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Wow congratulations! I'm really giving this monostat thing some thought.

jacqueline101
January 31st, 2015, 12:13 PM
This is week three for the caffeine mist. I'm liking it so far. I'm going to measure in a few more days. I've started measuring my growth monthly. I'll keep everyone informed.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 31st, 2015, 01:13 PM
Another two weeks and I will give my results from this experiment:)

ChocolateWaves
January 31st, 2015, 11:16 PM
After reading this whole thread, I've decided to try this. I'm going to pick up caffeine pills and probably Monistat tomorrow. :)

Thanks for all the info and suggestion! I can not WAIT to try this :D

swearnsue
February 4th, 2015, 03:56 PM
I got an unexpected surprise today. My hair measures 26.75 inches. I only measured 26 inches on Jan 13 when I started the coffee rinses. My usual rate is up to .5 inch a month. So I've grown .75 inches in 3 weeks!

I'll keep going and see what happens. So far though it's easy, inexpensive and great at reducing shed.

Epic hair win.

divinedobbie
February 4th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I got an unexpected surprise today. My hair measures 26.75 inches. I only measured 26 inches on Jan 13 when I started the coffee rinses. My usual rate is up to .5 inch a month. So I've grown .75 inches in 3 weeks!

I'll keep going and see what happens. So far though it's easy, inexpensive and great at reducing shed.

Epic hair win.

That's great news! I hope I'm pleasantly surprised too.

Fericera
February 4th, 2015, 04:59 PM
I've done two green tea rinses, but it's only been a week so I doubt I have any results yet. I'm not sure if the green tea was strong enough the first time, but just yesterday I put about five tea bags in a small pot and soaked my head with it over and over with two bowls. It was this weird greenish brown color so it was definitely some concentrated tea! I still had no luck with finding the caffeine pills, and I don't want to stain my hair with coffee, so this will have to do.

If I get any out of the ordinary growth I'll update. It's great that so many people are seeing results!

Bananfot
February 5th, 2015, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=swearnsue;2935442]I got an unexpected surprise today. My hair measures 26.75 inches. I only measured 26 inches on Jan 13 when I started the coffee rinses. My usual rate is up to .5 inch a month. So I've grown .75 inches in 3 weeks!

Epic hair win.[/QUOTE

Congratulation with the good growth progress !:)

Im on this procjet today my self!:D I don`t have monistat, but i do have almost the same ingredians in a nother shapoo that i bought here in Norway. I use it for my SD eczema.

So excited to se some progress:D I like this thread alot!

Belle Paix
February 5th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Okay, here goes, results summary!:
Just FYI, all of my caffeine rinses were left on.
I washed, conditioned, then ran (& massaged in) the mixture over my hair for every application.
Dates applied:
01/11
01/19
01/22
02/04

Start Length:01/14 - 13.5"
Ending Length: 02/04/2015 - 14.75"

So this is 1.25" of growth in about 25 days. Granted, I'm a bit of a fast grower anyway, but I'd say there's a definite boost.

divinedobbie
February 5th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Okay, here goes, results summary!:
Just FYI, all of my caffeine rinses were left on.
I washed, conditioned, then ran (& massaged in) the mixture over my hair for every application.
Dates applied:
01/11
01/19
01/22
02/04

Start Length:01/14 - 13.5"
Ending Length: 02/04/2015 - 14.75"

So this is 1.25" of growth in about 25 days. Granted, I'm a bit of a fast grower anyway, but I'd say there's a definite boost.

Did you use coffee or caffeine pills?

Belle Paix
February 5th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Caffeine pills dissolved into about 8 oz water, with 5 drops of lavender EO for smell.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 14th, 2015, 03:27 AM
Here are my results - caffeine poured over scalp and left in three times a week and Canesten applied to scalp overnight and washed out next morning once a week.

I began the experiment on 15th January when my hair was 36.5". This evening, 14th February, my hair is 37". So half an inch of growth, which is fairly usual for me, so I would say my growth wasn't boosted at all. So I can forget about pouring liquids and gloop on my scalp and frankly, it's a relief....

Good luck to everyone else!

jacqueline101
February 14th, 2015, 06:03 AM
It's week four and as stated I'm getting an inch a month of new growth. I was selfish last week I realize an inch is good.

divinedobbie
February 18th, 2015, 09:25 PM
It's been a full month of weekly monistat overnight applications and 3-4 x per week caffeine rinses. Usual growth of barely 0.5"/month.

I think monistat might only increase hair growth if there was an underlying fungal problem in the first place slowing down hair growth. Likewise with the caffeine, if you didnt have a problem with DHT, blocking it probably won't do a whole lot.

jacqueline101
February 21st, 2015, 09:32 PM
I did another caffeine mist tonight. In a few more weeks I'll measure my hair again.

MagicalMystery
February 21st, 2015, 11:01 PM
Just out of curiosity... Did anyone ever get any headaches from the caffeine on the scalp thing? I'd be curious to try it with matcha.

Jonquil
February 21st, 2015, 11:28 PM
Just out of curiosity... Did anyone ever get any headaches from the caffeine on the scalp thing? I'd be curious to try it with matcha.

Yep, I got headaches every time I did a coffee rinse. That's why I only managed to do 3 rinses after reading this thread. I'm very sensitive to coffee when I drink it as well, it throws my whole body into whack. It may be different with a tea rinse or a pure caffeine rinse.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 22nd, 2015, 12:17 AM

No, it never gave me headaches. In fact I never felt different in any way.

leilani
February 22nd, 2015, 02:51 AM
Can someone post a poll, and all of you who have tried this can respond so we can see what percentage is sure they saw a noticeable growth boost, & what percentage hasn't? It would be interesting, rather than going through the whole thread and tallying one user at a time with pen and paper.

jacqueline101
February 22nd, 2015, 06:23 AM
Can someone post a poll, and all of you who have tried this can respond so we can see what percentage is sure they saw a noticeable growth boost, & what percentage hasn't? It would be interesting, rather than going through the whole thread and tallying one user at a time with pen and paper.

My hair so far has gained an inch in length measuring from scalp to tip. I can't measure my root line I don't dye my hair and it's all the same color.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 22nd, 2015, 12:29 PM
Also I am wondering if the OP has continued with the caffeine/Monistat and if her growth has continued at the same speed.

endlessly
February 22nd, 2015, 12:45 PM
Wow! I had no idea that kind of growth was possible with that combination.

Lyv
February 23rd, 2015, 02:10 PM
I finished my first month! I'm not completely sure it worked though. I used to get about 1 inch a month but over the winter it seems like it slowed down a little bit and measuring does not work well for me at this length. When I started I measured 17" BUT I had also measured in Nov. and got 16.5" but my visible growth was more than .5"! I measured today and I am at 18" exactly so if the measurement is correct I gained an inch! I did skip the last 2 days of monistat/caffeine because we were moving to california and there was no way I was going to do that on the trip. I took a picture when I first started so once the movers come with my clothes I'll pull out my length photo shirt and take a results photo and post them both to see the difference! Either way I think I'm going to give it another try this month but I think I'm going to add less water and see how that goes.

Shibe
February 24th, 2015, 09:21 PM
We have espresso (Cuban coffee) grounds, that should work more than ok :ponder:

Shepherdess
February 25th, 2015, 12:47 AM
This is very interesting. I had never heard of caffeine rinses before. I see some of you have had results with this, so it is nice reading through them. :) I might try this for a few months. I used to have very fast hair growth, though the past year or two it has been poor, since my hair growth has been sluggish and I had trouble with major shedding a few months ago as well. When/if I am able to start, I'll let everyone know.

Shibe
February 25th, 2015, 10:53 AM
For those that have been doing rinses, how much did it stain your hair? I have Blonette hair and don't want that ruined

Belle Paix
February 25th, 2015, 11:19 AM
For those that have been doing rinses, how much did it stain your hair? I have Blonette hair and don't want that ruined

I use caffeine pills, that way there's no risk of staining....but that's just me.

Shibe
February 25th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I'm pregnant and my hubs would never let me buy caffeine pills, the grounds are all we have :justy:

Nettyx
February 25th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I'm blonette and I did my first trial with green tea today. Three teabags steeped overnight (because I forgot about them). I kept it on my hair for about 15 mins as a pre wash. My tea was pretty green/brown looking but it did not stain my hair at all. It did make my head itchy at first but I have eczema and sensitive skin and it is fine now.

lapushka
February 25th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I'm pregnant and my hubs would never let me buy caffeine pills, the grounds are all we have :justy:

I'm not sure why, but if you're pregnant, I'd be careful of putting strong concentrated stuff on your head.

Shibe
February 25th, 2015, 01:11 PM
I have an ok from my Midwife to have moderate caffeine, and I only enjoy it once or twice a week.

MoonlitWitch
February 25th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I really want to try this routine but I only use natural and organic products and somehow I don't think that Monostat falls into that category. Is there a more natural alternative?

MsVenus
February 25th, 2015, 01:48 PM
I really want to try this routine but I only use natural and organic products and somehow I don't think that Monostat falls into that category. Is there a more natural alternative?

A lot of people just grow out their hair naturally with no growth aids. That works really well for some people.

Shepherdess
February 25th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Monostat is used for fungal issues from what I have read; this may be partially why some people have less trouble with hair loss, due to the fact that some types of bacteria and fungus can prevent hair growth and cause shedding. Another use for monostat is that it has anti-androden properties. Androgen causes hormonal changes, which can result in hair loss, so this is another good use for it. If you are looking for a natural alternative, I have read that Clary Sage essential oil has anti-fungal and anti-androgen properties.

Here are some websites with more information on essential oils for fungal issues, monostats uses, and another on essential oils:
http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/natural-antifungal.html
http://www.naturalhairrules.com/fact-fiction-monistat-hair-growth/
http://www.nourishingtreasures.com/index.php/2013/02/13/essential-oils-101-therapeutic-properties/

Shibe
February 25th, 2015, 02:57 PM
I had growth with Monistat for a little while, but then I noticed a huge increase in shedding. I noped right out of there!

Alien Girl
February 25th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Hi! I just started using Miconazole Nitrate (generic monistat) 3x a week. I'm about to do my third treatment tonight.
I also started saving leftover coffee to do coffee rinses after my shampooing (followed by letting it sit on scalp while I condition.)

I do inversion method on a monthly basis at the beginning of each month as well as take biotin and multivitamin.

Hopefully I can achieve good results like you!
I lost my tape measure so I'm just recording my progress through pictures :) I already have a bit of growth from the MN!

MoonlitWitch
February 26th, 2015, 05:56 PM
So after doing some research about using monistat I've decided its not for me. Apparently if you use it for more than a few months at a time you become immune and monistat will no longer work for you if you get a yeast infection or other similar issue. It also apparently causes massive shedding once you stop using it. I will stick to inverted massaging and brushing and coffee rinses. Good lick girls!

jacqueline101
February 28th, 2015, 07:45 AM
I'm still using just caffeine mist and my hair seems to like it. I used monistat this fall in mint abstract and oil. It worked great. I'm going to finish my 8 ounce caffeine mist before I go back to monistat. I'm not sure if I will then caffeine seems to be working.

Lyv
March 3rd, 2015, 02:06 PM
Finally took my update picture a few days (maybe a week ago or more ago?) and totally forgot to upload it! I didn't measure but it looks like I got a decent amount of growth using the caffeine/monistat. My hair in the first pic is a little below the green line in the middle but since I have a slight U I couldn't match it up exactly and it's wavier than usual in the second but I didn't feel like trying to pull it straight to match the texture in the first picture lol.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx197/ambersylviadawn/7e343ae7-315f-43a8-8e75-77261e3af6f2.jpg (http://s755.photobucket.com/user/ambersylviadawn/media/7e343ae7-315f-43a8-8e75-77261e3af6f2.jpg.html)

RancheroTheBee
March 4th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Finally took my update picture a few days (maybe a week ago or more ago?) and totally forgot to upload it! I didn't measure but it looks like I got a decent amount of growth using the caffeine/monistat. My hair in the first pic is a little below the green line in the middle but since I have a slight U I couldn't match it up exactly and it's wavier than usual in the second but I didn't feel like trying to pull it straight to match the texture in the first picture lol.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx197/ambersylviadawn/7e343ae7-315f-43a8-8e75-77261e3af6f2.jpg (http://s755.photobucket.com/user/ambersylviadawn/media/7e343ae7-315f-43a8-8e75-77261e3af6f2.jpg.html)

How long apart were these two pictures? It looks nice, though!

I've just started this experiment. I'm going it as closely as Bippy was doing it, and I'm going to keep it going for a month. I've just hennaed my hair, so I should have a demarcation point to refer to, but I lost my tape measure (I suspect cat shenanigans).

Lyv
March 4th, 2015, 12:52 PM
How long apart were these two pictures? It looks nice, though!

I've just started this experiment. I'm going it as closely as Bippy was doing it, and I'm going to keep it going for a month. I've just hennaed my hair, so I should have a demarcation point to refer to, but I lost my tape measure (I suspect cat shenanigans).

Thank you! I checked the dates and the first was January 20th and the second was February 25th. So a little over a month between them.

MadPirateBippy
March 4th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Also I am wondering if the OP has continued with the caffeine/Monistat and if her growth has continued at the same speed.

I got super sick. I spent the last two weeks on the couch taking large doses of pain medication and antibiotics, which was not fun. I haven't even used conditioner in a couple of weeks. It's been benign neglect city for me. I've not even measured for this month, which sucks. The only thing I did was Nizoral shampoo, mostly because that's what I already had on hand.

I have blond highlights, the coffe toned them down a bit for a couple of weeks but it washed out. The caffeine water is clear, so no risk of color change.

I'll see if I can edit my first post and leave a poll to make this easier to see how many people this worked for. Seems like there's some people who are getting amazing results and some people not getting much movement.

lunalocks
March 6th, 2015, 10:19 AM
So, here are my results. granted I did over night monostat only twice, (my shower cap that I used overnight disappeared. Could it be that DH is to blame?) but other times left it on for about an hour before washing out. And the caffeine rinses. Tried rinsing the coffee out, leaving it in, etc. It did cover up some grays. It also left a different kind of sheen. Maybe the oil in the coffee bean.

Anyway, no change in my growth. Still get my usual 1/2 inch per month.

Akville
March 6th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I ve tried every single thing and nothing worked on my hair growth.. I've been trying new thing for different periods.. and zero results...

So I will give this one a try...

chen bao jun
March 6th, 2015, 09:34 PM
MadPiratebippy, I am sorry you are sick. Please get better soon.

I had all the allergy problems and I can't easily measure, being a curly, but I think that using the coffee oil boosted my growth. I really think so. My hair seems longer, suddenly. Of course that's not scientific.

I didn't do the the MN and I only did a green tea rinse twice (not counting the caffeine pill rinse from heck that gave me the burning scalp for over a day). so it was just the coffee oil rubbed on my scalp every other day.

MultiCultiCurly
March 6th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Question on the coffee rinse: if you're pregnant, and shouldn't really have caffeine, would the caffeine from the rinse end up in your bloodstream? I want to try this, as my growth is at a snail's pace, but I'd rather be safe than sorry...

RancheroTheBee
March 6th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Question on the coffee rinse: if you're pregnant, and shouldn't really have caffeine, would the caffeine from the rinse end up in your bloodstream? I want to try this, as my growth is at a snail's pace, but I'd rather be safe than sorry...

Yeah, I think some of it is absorbed. Hence why they suggest you don't do it at night. Don't quote me on this, but better safe than sorry, as you said.

ETA: If you're pregnant, maybe try non-chemical methods like massages?

Alien Girl
March 6th, 2015, 11:16 PM
I've been doing coffee rinses every now and then (and monistat/MN 3x a week/inversion method for this month) after seeing this thread!! My boyfriend said he sees progress in my hair, but it looks the same-ish to me so far.. Probably because I check my hair way too much to notice a difference ;)
One thing to note is that for me YES it did make me feel more alert/awake. I have also read that caffeine can be absorbed through your skin??? Haven't done in-depth research but I'm avoiding doing these rinses too close to bedtime/on school nights.

jacqueline101
March 7th, 2015, 06:11 AM
I did another caffeine mist and I'm going to comb it out tonight measure and take a better photo.

jacqueline101
March 7th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I measured an inch of growth. I'm happy. I can't wait until next month when I do my long line bra picture.

RancheroTheBee
March 7th, 2015, 04:57 PM
I measured an inch of growth. I'm happy. I can't wait until next month when I do my long line bra picture.

:cheer: Yaaaaaay! That's awesome! I hope I get something similar this month.

jacqueline101
March 7th, 2015, 06:10 PM
:cheer: Yaaaaaay! That's awesome! I hope I get something similar this month.

Thank you. I've been getting an inch a month so far.

MultiCultiCurly
March 9th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks @ RancheroTheBee, I decided against it until after I have the baby. I made a rosemary oil, so I will try some massage with that :)

RancheroTheBee
March 10th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Thanks @ RancheroTheBee, I decided against it until after I have the baby. I made a rosemary oil, so I will try some massage with that :)

Actually, you might want to avoid that, as well. (http://www.livestrong.com/article/288761-rosemary-oil-pregnancy/) For the time being, stick to edible oils like coconut or olive.

MultiCultiCurly
March 10th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Oh man @RancheroTheBee, thanks for linking that. I'll research lavender oil, I made some of that as well. Man, can't have or do anything during pregnancy, lol.

RancheroTheBee
March 10th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Oh man @RancheroTheBee, thanks for linking that. I'll research lavender oil, I made some of that as well. Man, can't have or do anything during pregnancy, lol.

:/ Yeah. Luckily, it's not forever! Also, apparently pregnancy makes you hair grow a bit faster, anyway.

tigress86
March 11th, 2015, 03:44 AM
I wanna give this a try, but I'm not sure which product in my country has the ingredients that Monistat has. I think the main ingredient is miconazole and it should be in this cream called Daktarin, which is for babies' oral yeast infections. The feminine cream here seems to have a different ingredient. I am not sure :S
Also, I would like to use green tea rather than coffee because I don't want to stain my virgin roots and I can't seem to find caffeine pills here. How much tea to you brew and for how long? I want to make sure it's loaded with caffeine :D

Khristopher
March 11th, 2015, 07:50 AM
I'm pretty sure some members here used Daktarin, it must be the equivalent of Monistat just different brand. If it has miconazole as one of the main ingredients it should work just fine :) I'm not sure of the quantity of caffeine on green tea, but you could try with two or three bags and see how your scalp react. Brewing for a few minutes should be fine, please let it cool a bit before using it, you don't want a burned scalp! :flamed:

tigress86
March 11th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Great, I will try to get some Daktarin and see if this experiment works for me :)

lindsayhv
March 12th, 2015, 01:28 PM

I'm with you! I'm 36 weeks and can't wait to get this baby out! Although there are alot of things that are not allowed when nursing too....

Silverbrumby
March 12th, 2015, 01:42 PM
That's great. I might try that as well. I have found the microderma roller has really reduced my hair shedding rate. It's been a really cheap fix for my thinning hair. Cost about $19 with shipping from amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtFwCNkCwpA

Shibe
March 13th, 2015, 02:13 AM

I honestly wouldn't be worried. I'm also pregnant and am following the guidelines of under 200 mg a day. One cup of coffee has a little under 100.

RancheroTheBee
March 13th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I wanna give this a try, but I'm not sure which product in my country has the ingredients that Monistat has. I think the main ingredient is miconazole and it should be in this cream called Daktarin, which is for babies' oral yeast infections. The feminine cream here seems to have a different ingredient. I am not sure :S
Also, I would like to use green tea rather than coffee because I don't want to stain my virgin roots and I can't seem to find caffeine pills here. How much tea to you brew and for how long? I want to make sure it's loaded with caffeine :D

Daktarin is what most UKers here use, rather than Monistat. Look up the Monistat "dare we start this again" thread and lots of people discuss their usage of it.

As for the caffeine, there is another caffeine master thread, so look up what kind of caffeine content you'd be looking at, since I think green tea is fairly low in caffeine.

Akville
March 28th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Hi.... Any progress guys???

abribun
November 12th, 2017, 06:30 PM
That is actually crazy. I am definitely going to have to try these coffee rinses on my hair! I'll measure on the my before and after to see how much growth I get after a month :) So excited to see if I get results!