View Full Version : I need a hug...

Bella Babe
September 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I have made progress, I have... but still, I am so sick of having my hair the length it is! I went from less than an inch long to maybe 5 inches at the longest in less than 6 months.

But my hair was nearly waist length before I had my youngest (18 months) and I really had to chop it for my sanity. So I am back to growing it out and feeling blue about it tonight. My hair looks like crap.

I think I am going to go to my friend/hair stylist to have it shaped and wedged up in the back a little so I feel happier.

Just needed to vent a bit to people that would get it. :D

(After my middle kiddo was born I had really short hair and started growing it, for about 5 years, it went from pixie cut to waist length in that time!!!)

Jean_Grey
September 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM
(((Hug)))

I know what you mean. The kids are the biggest toll on my hair, still!

5 inches in less than 6 months is great. At that rate, it'll get better really quickly! :)

Elphie
September 28th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I cut my waist length hair after my second son was born, almost nine years ago. It took some getting used to for me and eventually I enjoyed it for what it was.

Having it shaped is probably a good idea, it will lift you're spirits. I'm sorry you're so down about it.

maliha
September 28th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Ohh really i can understand your pain,,coz every morning when my nine month old son tries to pull few strands off my head ,,I know only hugs and a good hair trim can make you feel better,,

GlennaGirl
September 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM
(((((((((((hug))))))))))))...I have little ones too (the youngest is two) and they rip and tear at my hair constantly.

Kids are wonderful but they really can be murder on your hair.

MagpieMama
September 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
((((HUGS))))
sounds like your hair grows quickly... some 'me' time and care for you may be the trick.

oddly, my LO inspired me to grow mine :) (I have found it so challenging to feel pretty since pg, I'm hoping long hair will help :D )

ole gray mare
September 28th, 2008, 11:25 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Arctic_Mama
September 29th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Big hugs! I hacked my locks after my first was born, too, and while I needed a change I wi8sh I hadn't done it! I miss my hair SO much and being at the awkward/in-between length, with MY hair (which is so crazy thick and wavy it sticks out like I've electrocuted myself!), is super depressing. I am giving you major growth vibes and I hope yours gets to a better length/shape soon. You'll be back to long length before you know it, I know the months pass fast when I am busy with children :)

FrannyG
September 29th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Yes, you do need hugs, don't you. :grouphug: :grouphug:

It gets better. :flower:

Shanarana
September 29th, 2008, 02:43 AM
:blossom::blossom::grouphug::flowers::flowers:

paper
September 29th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Oh yes, I remember that feeling when my sons were small. The hair always went in a ponytail!
:grouphug:

Amoretti
September 29th, 2008, 03:03 AM
:grouphug:

I always have mine in an updo because of that.

Lamb
September 29th, 2008, 03:11 AM
(((HUGS))) I think getting it shaped up is a good idea. There is no point in having hair of any length if you can't enjoy it. If your hair really grows that fast, and it looks like it does, you'll be at your desired length in no time!

Marij
September 29th, 2008, 03:40 AM
:grouphug::blossom:
Loads of happy-hair vibes are coming your way!

I've got a 2,5 yo and a wee one of 7 months, so mucho hair torture... Not to mention my freak hair growth after pregnancy, which left me with 2 underlayers, one apl now, and one just curling away at 5cm... (rest is bit over bsl)

Good thing they are cute! :crush:

NeilTheFuzz
September 29th, 2008, 05:15 AM
*HUG* :)

It wont be long before your hair has grown back. I'm sure your stylist will be able to do something lovely to your hair and make you feel better.

Take care and keep growing!

DavidN
September 29th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Here I am, offering a hug or two, as well as a few flowers, and I am sure that it will get better.:grouphug::flowers:

sexyjacksparrow
September 29th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Big hug to you I can feel you frustration. My hair is shoulder length and it was when I joined LHC over two years ago - I have no virtually growth at all and it depresses me that at this rate it will take me a decade more to hit BSL. It's a combo of only getting about 2-3 in growth a year and then losing what little it does grow in damage.

Five inches in six months soudns good though!

Kerry xx

Bella Babe
September 29th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Shucks guys, thanks!!! I feel better, and I read the mullet thread and realized I am dangerously close to sporting a mullet, and that MAY be why I am getting freaked right now. ;-) So I am making an appointment to have the back stacked.

I actually like short hair on me, either a chin bob or a REALLY tight little pixie cut, but not as much as longer hair and the growing out phase is hard.

My pregnancy pics rock, because my hair was at its very longest and I had had it in a bun that day so I had the wurlies.

Maybe that should be my avatar to make me feel better...

bunnii
September 29th, 2008, 09:03 AM
:grouphug: This reminds me to keep my hair out of the way for when I have kids lol. 5 inches in 6 months is brilliant growth! :agape:

nisolu
September 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM
{{Big Hugs}} I know how that goes. When I was pregnant with my 3rd child I went from almost waist to a moment of insanity and chopped it all off in a pixie, I even let them use clippers (sigh). Now its taken 4 years to grow it to the length it is, which seems like forever! I think it will deffinately help you to get it shaped, it may have a little more style then and you'll feel better.

Amara
September 29th, 2008, 11:13 AM
*hugs* Hang in there!