PDA

View Full Version : Ten things no one tells you about cutting your hair

Entangled
January 5th, 2015, 09:29 PM
So maybe these things are common LHC knowledge, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a beauty article with such good advice. I stumbled upon it while looking up the lyrics to a song mentioned in The Grapes Of Wrath, "Why Do You Cut Your Hair, Girls?" which seems to mean the song "Why Do You Bob Your Hair, Girls?." I was interested in the song's connotation, which is interesting if you look it up. Anyways, here's the article: http://beautyhigh.com/cutting-your-hair/
Enjoy! I think this is great newbie advice.

RachelRose
January 6th, 2015, 06:52 AM
I totally respect when a stylist explains a haircut won't work on my hair or a hair color will cause too much damage . To me that is integrity . It's putting outcome and client happiness over just another dollar . And yes short hair is work and so is long hair just in different ways :)

Éowyn_GreyEyes
January 6th, 2015, 08:50 AM
I just went to the hairdresser yesternoon and was expecting to give a lecture to her about my hair... But was pleasantly surprised she agreed and suggested things that made my salon visit fairly comfortable. I had already washed my hair so she only wet it instead of washing it, and I told her to take off a maximum of a cm... she ended up taking off much less and actually went through my bangs to clip only the splits! So now my hair is 2015 no-trims ready :D The one thing that didn't surprise me was the fact that she had the longest hair out of all the hair stylists there (her's looked around BSL, but was partially up so was hard to tell for sure)... Common ground!