PDA

View Full Version : BSL by Christmas 2015!

Pages : [1] 2

butterflybutton
January 5th, 2015, 06:52 PM
I couldn't find one of these already but if there is, do please merge or delete this one. Thanks.

So there are 50 weeks, and a handful of days until Christmas 2015. Plenty of time to get some serious growing in, and get to BSL, which to me signals the beginning of long hair.

So post your length now and the length you need for BSL, and your growth rate if you feel like it :D

Post any pictures, routines, grumblings, what have you's any thing to keep the motivation going.

I'll start with my stats:p I'm currently 21" curled and BSL is 27" for me. My growth rate is 7 1/2" per year. So I should have an extra inch or so laying around by the end of the year to compensate for any extra curl shrinkage.

Happy growing's and here's to long and heathy hair for all!

lindsayhv
January 5th, 2015, 07:14 PM
I am in for this challenge although it might be a bit beyond reality!! I am currently almost brushing shoulder and am hoping that I can get some super speedy growth this year with my newly cut and healthier hair!! I was at waist until september when I had to chop so this stage is really hard for me!!

butterflybutton
January 5th, 2015, 07:39 PM
How many inches is BSL for you lindsayhv? If it's around 6ish inches to go you definitely have a chance.

lindsayhv
January 5th, 2015, 07:50 PM
I'm not really sure how many inches. I will take some measurements tomorrow to get an idea...I think BSL in a year could be tough though!

Estrid
January 5th, 2015, 08:04 PM
I'm in!

I am a bit below cbl right now and my hair is about 16 cm away from bsl (which is about 6.3 inches). I'm not sure if bsl is counted at the upper part of the bra strap or the lower part, if it is the lower part then I am more like 18 cm away. I don't measure my hair (I find it difficult) so to me it is easier to measure what is left :p

I think my growth rate is about 1.6 cm every month (approx. 0.6") so till christmas my hair should have grown ~ 18.5 cm (7.3"). If everything goes well I should reach bsl just in time ^_^

aleighkatz
January 5th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Count me in:)

Dried and wavy, I'm around collarbone length at 20" right now. For me, BSL is somewhere around 26-27".

I've never really paid attention to my hair consistently enough to notice my growth rate, but if I'm at least average then I've got a fighting chance;)

dollyfish
January 5th, 2015, 09:24 PM
My hair grows blessedly fast, so I think I'll hit BSL by next Christmas... Fingers crossed! I'm just at shoulder now. Pretty sure my growth rate is at least the average 0.5"/month rate, but based on how fast I tend to hit milestones I feel like it's faster than that. Last time I was growing, I didn't measure regularly! I think I'll try to take actual quantitative data this time around :)

Good luck everyone!! :D

diddiedaisy
January 6th, 2015, 05:47 PM
I'm in. I hope I'm not cheating joining in as I'm not too far away from bsl. Straight I'll hit it by the end of February but wavy it will be at least April. However, once I hit I'll be trimming until my ends thicken up. I'm recovering from a major shed and need to lose five inches to get a thick hemline. So by christmas I'm aiming for a thick BSL.

I count bsl from the top of my strap as it is at the bottom of my shoulder blades, and only being 5ft 2 mbl is only 1 inch away from the bottom of bra strap. My growth rate is 1cm every four weeks, so 13cm or 5 inches per year. So sad I have to lose a years growth. I'm too chicken just to go for the chop. I don't measure the length as I'm rubbish at it and get something different everytime.

moontree
January 6th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I definitely will jump in this thread :) I too can never get a good number when measuring my hair but I'm only 6-7 inches away from BSL and so I should hit it right around the end of the year, especially since I am only S&Ding all year. I'm really looking forward to it because beyond that is new territory for me - BSL is as long as my hair has ever been in my life!

Vivalagina
January 6th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I am a few inches from APL right now but if I get pregnant soon (my hair grows an extra inch or two during pregnancy) I should be able to hit BSL or darn close by the end of the year with no trims. :pray:

butterflybutton
January 7th, 2015, 02:43 AM
Yay for growing buddies!

Gosh, I am so excited to get back to BSL, which is where I was before I cut off all my bleached hair just over a year ago.

momschicklets
January 7th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Ooh me! me! I definitely belong in this thread. I am juuuuusssst kissing APL now, so then I have about 5 inches to BSL. I think it's somewhat realistic that I could claim it by Christmas. This should be a very exciting year of growth for me!

Stray_mind
January 7th, 2015, 07:28 AM
I'm in. I should be there by summer this year though. :) unless i decide to do my "traditional" trim in april.

Belle Paix
January 7th, 2015, 07:33 AM
I'd love to join...but I think I'll just have to admire from a far. I'd have to grow about 11 Inches. While my hair grows pretty darn fast, I'm still thinking I'll be lucky to get 8" this year!

Nope
January 7th, 2015, 11:05 AM
I'm about 3 or 4 inches away from APL currently, but I'm hoping I can make it since BSL is super close to APL on my body type! *crosses fingers*

SnottyDotty
January 7th, 2015, 12:17 PM
I'm in! I'm approximately 4 inches away from BSL and as I'm not trimming in 2015 I might make it.

My growth speed last year (judging my root regrowth) was 0.35" so I should hopefully manage about 4.2". Yeah... My hair grows painfully slow.

Here's hoping :)

MissMoppet
January 7th, 2015, 12:21 PM
I am hoping to reach BSL this year! I am nearing armpit length, so I think it's an achievable goal. I am aiming to only get one haircut which will occur in July, to even out some poorly done layers (well, layer - it's just one about an inch and a half above the bottom of my hair.) Other than that, I hope to just let it grow and grow. I honestly can't tell how fast my hair is growing. I think it's a little over half an inch, but there was a time when I thought it was an inch! I think I need help measuring.

Right now I am taking several vitamins to help with health and hopefully growth. I also started doing the inversion method. We shall see if any of these measures help to speed things along or not! :)

MissMoppet
January 7th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I am hoping to reach BSL this year! I am nearing armpit length, so I think it's an achievable goal. I am aiming to only get one haircut which will occur in July, to even out some poorly done layers (well, layer - it's just one about an inch and a half above the bottom of my hair.) Other than that, I hope to just let it grow and grow. I honestly can't tell how fast my hair is growing. I think it's a little over half an inch, but there was a time when I thought it was an inch! I think I need help measuring.

Right now I am taking several vitamins to help with health and hopefully growth. I also started doing the inversion method. We shall see if any of these measures help to speed things along or not! :)

ShDiHa
January 7th, 2015, 01:49 PM
I'll join! Hoping to be BSL around summertime! I'm sooo close!

lindsayhv
January 7th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Well, I measured my hair today and it's almost 18 inches. BSL for me would be like 26 maybe a little more, so I don't know if I will make it but I will remain here and try try try!!

moontree
January 7th, 2015, 02:08 PM
I just measured :) I need 28 for BSL and I'm at about 23 now I think. So it's definitely doable!

Nettyx
January 7th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Hello -can I join?

I'm currently APL but in need of a good trim to sort out my ends. I will need to measure the length for BSL but I keep cheating and wearing a badly fitting bra so it looks closer to cheer myself up!

PinkyCat
January 7th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Oooooh I'd like to join please! :)

BSL is my ultimate goal, since I've already been to tailbone & chopped. I'm currently at shoulder and have a relatively short torso, so I think it may be possible. It should all be gravy by the time I get to APL.

butterflybutton
January 7th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Welcome to all the new people that have joined!

MissMoppet
January 7th, 2015, 03:52 PM

Chocowalnut
January 7th, 2015, 03:58 PM
I'm in also- this is my goal for 2015. I don't really think I'll make it but it might be possible. I'm maybe an inch from apl with my hair dry and wavy, but I am tall 5"8 so there is at least 6 inches to go probably more. I am setting my hopes high though and don't plan on getting any trims any time soon.

Nadine <3
January 7th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I'm in! My current length is in my siggy. I maintained at APL for a bit to chop out some damage and layering. I'm not trimming for all of 2015 so I'm hoping for BSL! I have 3-4 inches until I'm solidly there.

CremeTron
January 7th, 2015, 05:06 PM
I am in! I am about 5 inches from BSL. I class it as the bottom of my bra strap. Most of my layers are scraping APL and my longest layers are about an inch past as my hair naturally grows in a v-shape.

I think I can do it!

Estrid
January 8th, 2015, 04:48 AM
So fun to see more people joining! :D

The amount of people with really long hair on this site sometimes makes me forget that there are more people like me here, so it's nice to see others striving for the same goal ;) My hair has never been bsl before, so I am superexcited about getting there (hopefully) by the end of this year. Maybe I could even make a bun by then too? ^_^

Hotrox
January 8th, 2015, 05:52 AM
Oh, great thread, we definitely needed it.

I'm at solid APL and hoping for BSL this year, it should be possible. I don't measure or know my growth rate and I'm pretty tall so the distance from APL is quite long but not more than 6 inches

I hope I will make it :pray:

SnottyDotty
January 8th, 2015, 09:53 AM
I miscalculated! I only have 3 inches to go until I reach the bottom of BSL and will hopefully get there around September time. That put me in a good mood :)

purplevickie
January 8th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I'm in! I'm about an inch away from APL now, and my hair grows at about .75 of an inch per month, so I should make it fairly easily... but I do intend to get at least one trim over the year, possibly two (I haven't trimmed since last June and my ends are getting tangly).

I'm ultimately aiming for waist, but I have a lot of damage to cut out so I might maintain at BSL for a while - I'll see how I feel when I get there! My sides grow much slower than the hair at the back too, so I'd like to get everything evened up and thicker while still feeling 'long'.

butterflybutton
January 11th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Is anyone going to try anything to increase their growth rate?

I'm tempted, but I'm feeling too lazy with my hair and I'm trying to only wash once a month.

lindsayhv
January 11th, 2015, 05:54 AM
After I have the baby I might try some caffiene on my scalp. I already use mahabringraj oil on my scalp and massage it the night before a wash but I'm not sure if it increases growth or not. I'm just brushing shoulder now so I need some help growing. Let's not mention those postpartum sheds....

Hotrox
January 11th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Is anyone going to try anythig to increase their growth rate?

I'm tempted, but I'm feeling too lazy with my hair and I'm trying to only wash once a month.

I'm trying to eat extra protein each day, I have 2 eggs and a big glass of milk lo addition to my normal diet. I've been doing it 2 months or so and I think it's helping a little. I also just read arc691's blog post about peanut butter, I might add this too. I want thick healthy hair, not just quick growing although I really hope it helps with the growth rate as well.

purplevickie
January 11th, 2015, 10:48 AM
I've just started using this serum, which is meant to speed up growth:

http://www.boots.com/en/Grow-Gorgeous-Hair-Serum-60ml_1419510/

I suspect it actually works in the same way as eyelash growth serums like Rapidlash, by stopping hair shedding at its usual point so it grows longer than usual... but it gets great reviews, so I'm willing to give it a try! Not keen on the scent though.

I do regular head massages (not inversion usually, just a good massage when I remember), but other than that I'm happy to get let it be. I might try coffee rinses when the Grow Gorgeous runs out and see how they compare.

curlylocks85
January 11th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I will join. I am almost to APL and I think my hair can get to BSL or at least close to it. :)

divinedobbie
January 11th, 2015, 11:00 AM
I should definitely be at BSL by the end of this year, likely in the summer. According to measurements I only have 2 inches to go but according to my striped shirt, it's about 3" but either way I'll make it this year :)

aleighkatz
January 12th, 2015, 08:59 AM
So I really have no idea how fast my hair grows but I'm shooting for 7.5" this year, aiming for healthy, gorgeous bsl.

I've really neglected my hair and over washed and didn't care for the ends up until about a month ago. I used natural products and never dyed or used heat but with no moisture in my ends I couldn't gain length. I've been stuck between cbl to beyond apl for years now, only reaching bsl with a thin curl or two. Then I'd realize how scraggly it looked and would have to cut off many inches every year to year and a half because the ends were so crunchy I couldn't handle it.

So I'm just trying to baby my ends... But I end up looking a little oilier than I'd prefer more often than I'd like. Oh balance, you and moderation and consistency are things I need to embrace:)

...I joined here in 2010, lurked and had great success for a few months then stopped and let my hair go to crap again because I got distracted with life and work.

I'm excited to grow with y'all!!!

Do you think that 7.5" is a realistic goal?

aleighkatz
January 12th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Oh forgot to mention... Things I'm trying for growth...

I'm sort of going to try inversion. But with aloe instead of oil!

I received a doorway inversion rack for Xmas:) The kind with the boots and you hang from a bar upside down like a bat:) I'm soooo excited!!! I've tried it a few times and love the sensation! It's great for your back and circulation and I've heard ladies rave about hair growth, so I'm going to test out this idea but with aloe instead of oil;)

I'm trying to use only natural and fresh products and aloe and egg have become my shampoo options. Aloe is a great mild shampoo but not very helpful with heavier oilings. I'm oiling about every 2 weeks and then washing it out with 2 eggs... it's magical! I don't need protein much more than every two weeks so oiling my hair everyday for a week will not fit into my routine. BUT I am obsessed with aloe:) So I'm thinking I'll just soak my hair in aloe then invert and massage my head. I am aiming to do this every 2-3 days instead of one week on 3 off.

Eeheehee Im so excited that something super fun might make my hair grow too:)

Hotrox
January 13th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Oh forgot to mention... Things I'm trying for growth...

I'u sort of going to try inversion. But with aloe instead of oil!

I received a doorway inversion rack for Xmas:)

Eeheehee Im so excited that something super fun might make my hair grow too:)

That sounds really awesome, I'd love to have a try at hanging upside down!! I'm sure the increased blood supply must be good for your scalp and hair growth.

butterflybutton
January 21st, 2015, 05:35 PM
I'm excited to grow with y'all!!!

Do you think that 7.5" is a realistic goal?

I got 7.5" last year, with no trimming, and hope I can get the same this year. So I'd say it's a realistic goal, even if it's a bit ambitious.

Earth Angel
January 22nd, 2015, 01:39 AM
I'm in too! I am currently at APL which is 21" on me. BSL is about 24". (I'm only 5ft 1)
My hair is very fine and wavy/curly so tends to look a lot shorter and can break easy. With a few micro trims due this year, hopefully will be a solid BSL by end of this year :)

aleighkatz
January 22nd, 2015, 09:51 AM
Yay Butterflybutton! Awesome to hear you had such great growth last year! I have absolutely no idea how fast my hair grows, but I'm hoping with delicate care it will grow quickly... No seriously is it longer yet?... How bout now?... Garrr... Patience is not my strong point;)

Welcome Earth Angel! Im noticing we have a lot of wavy and curly peeps! Holla:heart:

I'm having such a hard time measuring and might just stop. It's just really kind of a pain in the bunny and accuracy is questionable. Due to my wurls I'm more interested in unstreched length gained. Are y'all measuring? Photo documenting?

Has anyone trying anything new?

I did a rooibos tea rinse twice*

*It made my scalp and length feel awesome but my ends got crunchy. Afterwards, I oiled just on the ends and also blended some banana with honey and saturated my everything. I then put a shower cap on for a few hours. Then I held my length and ends out of the way and rinsed my scalp with the rooibos. I enjoyed the water for awhile and then rinsed everything out. Definitely "coats" the hair. I made more tea than needed so will continue to do this today and tomorrow so as not to waste... I already put it in my shower bottle:) I think this would be a nice weekly or biweekly treatment but it's a bit too drying on the daily.

I'm curious about coffee rinses but am suuuuuuuper caffeine sensitive... Maybe once a week? I'm going out of town and plan to settle on a set schedule to keep me focused... Have you seen the kids movie Over the Hedge? Im a lot like Hammy... Super enthusiastic and excitable but extremely distractable:)

I would like to commit to a weekly schedule with a different pampering treatment every day. Ending with a heavy oiling overnight and beginning the weekly cycle with an egg wash. I'm aware that George Michael doesn't recommend egg washes but it's a fantastic no-poo way to wash out oil! 2 eggs blended, put directly on oiled hair, massage, let soak for a little, massage, rinse, put oil ends equals gorgeous hair! It does make my ends a bit strawy while wet right after, but oiled a bit then dried and my hair feels so good I can't stop touching it!

Is anyone else using mostly edibles as toiletries?

Love and hugs!!!

midnight_blue
January 22nd, 2015, 10:01 AM
I'm in.

Currently at 20 inches and BSL on me is around 25.5 inches so should be easily doable by Christmas. I've no idea what my average rate of growth is as I've never measured before but going to start from now.

Aleahcim
January 22nd, 2015, 09:07 PM
I think I could get to BSL before Christmas. I'm at apl now so I only need a handeal of inches. I had a super exhausting day so I'll check and report back exactly how much growth I would need to get to BSL in the morning.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Addy
January 23rd, 2015, 12:07 AM
I am definitely joining as I believe I could hit BSL right before Christmas. lol

My growth rate is crazy fast!

February 2014

http://s15.postimg.org/q7m0wkz17/Feb_2014.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

December 2014

http://s17.postimg.org/pt3sawrpb/me_Dec_2014.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

January 2015

http://s18.postimg.org/dxywz9qo9/Me_Jan_2015.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I will get better pics later with an accurate measurement. But... it grows like a bad weed which isn't bad at all! lol

Rebecka
January 23rd, 2015, 12:35 AM
I have like a centimeter to BSL and 30 cm to waist, so i can't join any of these threads :( Sob sob

But good luck friends:flower:

Hotrox
January 23rd, 2015, 03:06 AM
aleighkatz, I'm not measuring, have tried before but with my curls it's just not consistent and I found it a bit depressing in all honesty! Now I just go by sight and how it feels. I will take a few photos over the year but more for the fun of it. Mine does seem to grow faster the less I obsess about it's length.

I'm planning on keeping my routine simple, will deep treat once per month and an overnight oiling every 2 weeks. I have increased my protein intake to see if that helps, I have 2 eggs and a glass of milk everyday in addition to my usual diet. So far I think it's helping. I can also see a lot of new growth whose length about match to when I started the dietary additions. Coincidence, I don't know but I'm definitely keeping it up :)

Welcome to midnight_blue and aleahcim and Addy with your crazy fast growing hair!!

Aleahcim
January 23rd, 2015, 06:37 AM
Okay, so my hair is about 58 cm or 23 inch right now. For BSL I need 7.5 cm or 3 inch. So I should hit BSL well before Christmas and can even afford to micro trim if I feel like my ends need it.

I forgot I was so close. But I feel like shooting for waist maybe a litthe too ambitious. Is need 19 cm or 7.5 inch for that. I do get a little more growth than the average .5 inch a month so it may be in the ream of possibilities.. but I know shooting for BSL is a safe bet.

Do you guys think I should stick with just BSL as my goal for the end of the year? Or should I be ambitious and also go for waist?

curlylocks85
January 23rd, 2015, 08:25 AM
Okay, so my hair is about 58 cm or 23 inch right now. For BSL I need 7.5 cm or 3 inch. So I should hit BSL well before Christmas and can even afford to micro trim if I feel like my ends need it.

I forgot I was so close. But I feel like shooting for waist maybe a litthe too ambitious. Is need 19 cm or 7.5 inch for that. I do get a little more growth than the average .5 inch a month so it may be in the ream of possibilities.. but I know shooting for BSL is a safe bet.

Do you guys think I should stick with just BSL as my goal for the end of the year? Or should I be ambitious and also go for waist?

I think you should go for the Waist by Christmas thread. Even if you do not make it all the way, at least you will be close by and inch or two.

curlylocks85
January 23rd, 2015, 08:32 AM
I had my mother measure my hair wet and dry. I have curls so there is some shrinkage. Wet, my hair needs 5.5" to reach the top of my bra. Dry, my hair needs 2.5" - 3" inches. I will go with the 5.5" and round it up to 6" so I give myself more time, since I have curls. I think I can achieve this goal. I am excited I have not been at BSL for about 4 or 5 years, due to damage.

Aleahcim
January 23rd, 2015, 08:35 AM
Okay, I'll check out the waist by Christmas thread then. Thank you.

curlylocks85
January 23rd, 2015, 08:53 AM
Your welcome. Happy Growing :)

cdonald2
January 23rd, 2015, 09:08 AM
Im in!!!! just brushing shoulder.... with the goal of not trimming at all this year. I am going to keep my hair up all the time and use monistat as well.... BSL here I come!

lapushka
January 23rd, 2015, 10:11 AM
Im in!!!! just brushing shoulder.... with the goal of not trimming at all this year. I am going to keep my hair up all the time and use monistat as well.... BSL here I come!

Not to burst your bubble, but I think you might be more realistic if you open up an APL by Christmas 2015 thread. Why not do it?

cdonald2
January 23rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
Not to burst your bubble, but I think you might be more realistic if you open up an APL by Christmas 2015 thread. Why not do it?

youre probably correct. ONWARD TO A NEW THREAD!!!! :magic:

butterflybutton
January 23rd, 2015, 02:47 PM

You could start with bsl as your goal, and then update to waist when you reach bsl? I like making shorter goals, it feels nice to pass goals sooner.

Aleahcim
January 23rd, 2015, 04:19 PM
You could start with bsl as your goal, and then update to waist when you reach bsl? I like making shorter goals, it feels nice to pass goals sooner.

Hm, that is also true. Maybe I will just be greedy and participate in both threads. XD

Addy
January 23rd, 2015, 06:34 PM
Here is an updated pic of my hair taken this afternoon.

Wet...
http://s15.postimg.org/zfswxv8iz/jan_15_wet_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

http://s28.postimg.org/g9n2gob59/Jan_15_wet_2.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Semi dry...

http://s9.postimg.org/olu10wrov/Jan_15_half_dry_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Dry...

http://s22.postimg.org/or1ov8txd/Jan_15_dry_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Eastbound&Down
January 23rd, 2015, 08:14 PM
I'm going to tentatively join, but I'm going to try not to dwell on my length as much this year and focus on health and strength (and maintain my color). I will check in though, it'll keep me focused :) Happy Growing!

butterflybutton
January 24th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Hm, that is also true. Maybe I will just be greedy and participate in both threads. XD

Hehe! Yes! The more the merrier :D

I'm going to tentatively join, but I'm going to try not to dwell on my length as much this year and focus on health and strength (and maintain my color). I will check in though, it'll keep me focused :) Happy Growing!

Please do check in, we will keep you focused!

Eastbound&Down
January 28th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Hehe! Yes! The more the merrier :D

Please do check in, we will keep you focused!

Officially APL so BSL might actually be obtainable! I'm so excited I might celebrate with a DT tonight haha

Aleahcim
January 28th, 2015, 10:31 AM
I almost wish my semester of school will be really demanding (I'm positive it will be which has its downside) but being so busy should try to get my attention off my hair. I can be a little obsessive. Always wanting it to be longer.

butterflybutton
January 31st, 2015, 03:28 AM
I feel like my hair has grown a little this month. I can't wait to take my length shot next week. I'm hoping it is noticeably longer.

Hotrox
January 31st, 2015, 05:29 AM
double post!

Hotrox
January 31st, 2015, 05:30 AM
I feel like my hair has grown a little this month. I can't wait to take my length shot next week. I'm hoping it is noticeably longer.

Make sure you share the progress with us :p I also feel like mine grew this month, I had a 3 week sunshine holiday and ate really well so I'm sure that helped some!!

Aleahcim
January 31st, 2015, 07:40 AM
I'm always so excited for my hair to grow, and end up measuring way too frequently. I always see a little growth at least.
I ended up measuring and taking photographs mid way through Jan was I first joined, I was planning on waiting until around the first of Feb to me sure again, and even try to keep my pictures down to a every 3 months to try to avoid getting more obsessed.

Think I should just measure next week anyways? Then keep to me they measuring? Or should I wait till the middle of the month and try to remember to measure then?

Eastbound&Down
January 31st, 2015, 11:22 AM
I'm always so excited for my hair to grow, and end up measuring way too frequently. I always see a little growth at least.
I ended up measuring and taking photographs mid way through Jan was I first joined, I was planning on waiting until around the first of Feb to me sure again, and even try to keep my pictures down to a every 3 months to try to avoid getting more obsessed.

Think I should just measure next week anyways? Then keep to me they measuring? Or should I wait till the middle of the month and try to remember to measure then?

Set up a reminder on your phone so you will keep to your schedule :)

butterflybutton
February 1st, 2015, 01:48 AM

I find the start of the month is easier to remember. But I tend to get impatient and check midway through the month most months.

Aleahcim
February 1st, 2015, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I might continue measuring at the start of the month, but I might try to wait for March to measure. Since I have measured fairly recently. (I reserve the Right to change my mind half way through the month if I get impatient) :rolleyes:

jackgirl
February 1st, 2015, 05:49 AM
I'm in! I've been absent from these forums for some time as I used them a lot to help with my colouring addiction! I've since grown out all my bleach and now have virgin hair at 22.5in. BSL for me is 25in at the bottom of my bra strap, yet I've never reached it for some reason. I've noticed a lot of breakage recently, but I've not trimmed properly in the last 6 months or so as I was hoping to make it to BSL for my wedding in April. Now I'm starting to think it looks a bit limp and thin, so I need your encouragement not to chop! :-)

Aleahcim
February 1st, 2015, 06:09 AM
Welcome aboard!

If you are experiencing breakage I would suggest S&D to improve the quality of your ends and stopping any damage from traveling up the length. Perhaps your routine is too harsh for your hair and needs to be reconsidered. Fine hair can also be the cause and needs more babying. (After your wedding you may choose micro trim as you grow, this seems to help some people who's fine hair is just to fragile)

But S&D with perhaps a very small micro trim now or right before your wedding may increase the quality of your ends.

Until then, and after if you would like, we will be here to help discouraging a big chop! :)

Sterlyn
February 1st, 2015, 11:56 AM
Here is an updated pic of my hair taken this afternoon.

Wet...
http://s15.postimg.org/zfswxv8iz/jan_15_wet_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

http://s28.postimg.org/g9n2gob59/Jan_15_wet_2.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Semi dry...

http://s9.postimg.org/olu10wrov/Jan_15_half_dry_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Dry...

http://s22.postimg.org/or1ov8txd/Jan_15_dry_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Sorry thread derail ahead:

Addy I cannot believe how much your hair has grown since the last pic I saw of it. :agape: I don't know if you posted this pic elsewhere but this is the first I've seen it.

jackgirl
February 2nd, 2015, 12:50 AM
Welcome aboard!

If you are experiencing breakage I would suggest S&D to improve the quality of your ends and stopping any damage from traveling up the length. Perhaps your routine is too harsh for your hair and needs to be reconsidered. Fine hair can also be the cause and needs more babying. (After your wedding you may choose micro trim as you grow, this seems to help some people who's fine hair is just to fragile)

But S&D with perhaps a very small micro trim now or right before your wedding may increase the quality of your ends.

Until then, and after if you would like, we will be here to help discouraging a big chop! :)

Thanks! How often do you s&d? I had a go about 2 months ago but I obviously missed quite a few of the bad boys. Unless they've appeared since! My routine is to wash every other day and co wash the inbetween days. On wash days I've started only washing the scalp, and then relying on the conditioner for the length. I've also started leaving coconut oil on once a week, and I'm trying to wear it up more. Since my bleach days I've micro trimmed every couple of months, but until the recent time I never had the patience for s&d. I think the splits are from wearing it down (and sleeping with it down). I don't use any heat, practically ever, I notmally wrap it in a towel for 15 mins or so and then leave to dry on my way to work. I cycle, which I think is preventing me from putting my hair up, as I'd never get my cycle helmet on over it!

jackgirl
February 2nd, 2015, 04:20 AM
That is like the lamest excuse ever!

Aleahcim
February 2nd, 2015, 08:05 AM
Personally I snip out a few split ends whenever I notice white dots or a split while I am at home. My last through S&D was about a month ago, and I'm about over due for another.
From what I gather some members S&D on a nearly daily basis too once a week, to once a month, whatever fits their hair.

for myself a general rule is if every time I look at my ends and I see a bunch of split a, I need to S&D more. If I can't find any for a few S&D in a row then I leave my hair alone for a while. I just wanna stay ahead of the curve. The longer than damage stays in your hair the more of a chancenter it has to travel up and cause tangles and damage to none split hair.

If some of your hair jackgirl has bleach damage (unless you have already cut all of it out) the hair is much more fragile and prone to splits. Even if someone completely babies bleached hair, no heat, perfect detangling, hair always up and ends protected, plenty of moisture, the hair will still split.

Then again depending on someone's hair type and routine even if they have virgin hair and did everything "correctly" the hair can still split as it gets longer. Just no where as close as bad.

butterflybutton
February 14th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Welcome Jackgirl!

We have 10 1/3 months until bsl! Yes I am counting down :p

butterflybutton
February 24th, 2015, 03:13 PM
What are everyone's strategies to keep them occupied whist waiting for your hair to grow? Do you do lots of treatments? Put it up and forget it? Something else?

Estrid
February 25th, 2015, 01:16 AM
I am still very bad at putting it up so I just leave it down, I don't do any treatments and I don't feel that annoyed by it. My hair has gotten past the awkward shoulder stage so now I just enjoy watching it grow ;)

When I measured now with a ruler how far I have left till BSL it is ~ 11 cm. I have a hard time believing that since it was 16 in the beginning of January, my hair shouldn't grow that fast :p I suspect that it is because my hair is wet atm, maybe that makes it some cm longer!

ETA: seems like it is ~ 11 cm left when my hair is dry too. Wonder how that happened... Maybe I measured wrong in January.

butterflybutton
March 6th, 2015, 06:48 PM
5 inches to go! Bsl is starting to feel like a reality.

Aleahcim
March 6th, 2015, 07:08 PM
I really hope I'll see progress when I take growth pictures and measure in April! (Trying to keep it to ever 3 months so I don't obses)

Im not sure the anti stress plan is working. I'm frightened to see if I've hit a stall. My hair *looks* longer but you never know. I don't want it to be wishful thinking.

CurlyGrace
March 6th, 2015, 08:23 PM
I'm sort of around APL now, idk if my hair could grow that much in that amount of time but we'll so what happens :) I'll get up progress pics maybe later on if it does work out

Hotrox
March 7th, 2015, 06:06 AM
I'm still here, waiting! Have about 3inches to go so I really think I'll make it, hopefully around October time. Fingers Crossed x x

pixiestar
March 7th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I have just hit apl so should be bsl by Christmas :)

Aleahcim
March 7th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Several months ago I thought I could hit bsl by around my D BF birthday at the end of April. Ha! That's not gonna happen. If my hair growth keeps how it is I should hit it ( the bottom of bsl) by the start of July.
I guess I'll know more in April if That's likely to happen or not. * fingers crossed*

butterflybutton
March 7th, 2015, 10:28 PM
How exciting so many of us are going to get to bsl by Christmas!

Nettyx
March 8th, 2015, 05:13 AM
I'm there, I'm there, hurrah! Ok so it is only top of my bra strap when wet (my hair not my underwear) but I am super happy today. I have done a couple of green tea rinses this month and I think it has made a difference to my growth rate.

butterflybutton
March 8th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Congrats Nettyx! That is so exciting.

pixiestar
March 9th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I'm there, I'm there, hurrah! Ok so it is only top of my bra strap when wet (my hair not my underwear) but I am super happy today. I have done a couple of green tea rinses this month and I think it has made a difference to my growth rate.

Congratulations :)

Eastbound&Down
March 9th, 2015, 10:20 PM
I think I have a good 4-5 inches still to go before I'll be there unstretched, but I think that's totally doable! I think I can, I think I can!!

ositarosita
March 9th, 2015, 10:42 PM
I was BSL about 2 months ago but i cut due to colour damage...going back to my natural colour. I am currently involved in the No Trimming 2015 thread so I have no urge to trim. Im currently about 3-4" away from BSL but I'm going to claim 5" just to be safe. I'm hoping with growth aids i can get there. I currently shampoo and condition weekly, my favourite of the moment is Garnier Fructis fall fight (contains caffeine so i get a nice caffeine rinse out of it as well), I take daily vegan GMO free prenatal vitamins (I'm out at the moment I dont know how long it will be until i get more). I work out almost daily, get about 10-14 hours of sleep nightly (it makes a difference), I'm also a high carb low fat raw till 4 vegan.

ohdokey
March 15th, 2015, 12:24 AM
I am jumping on here, too. While Christmas seems incredibly far away, it is a nice reminder that hair can grow a lot in that time. I am about 7 inches from BSL...so maybe dreaming, but it's a nice goal.

CurlyGrace
March 15th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Just came upon the realization that my hair is around BSL when it's stretched. I'd still like to stay with this goal/thread though since my hair is more like APL when it's unstretched.

butterflybutton
March 15th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Welcome! The more the merrier!

Your hair is gorgeous CurlyGrace!

CurlyGrace
March 16th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Thank you butterflybutton :)

Good luck to everyone growing out! (not that I think you'll need it ;) )

lindsayhv
March 17th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I'm not going to make it to BSL by Christmas, sadly. I am only just beyond shoulder length now, so I have a long way to go, plus a postpartum shed coming up.

lapushka
March 17th, 2015, 03:58 PM
I'm not going to make it to BSL by Christmas, sadly. I am only just beyond shoulder length now, so I have a long way to go, plus a postpartum shed coming up.

Is there an APL by Christmas 2015 thread yet, if not maybe you can make one? Just a suggestion - haven't searched so I don't know if there is one.

SouthernSweetie
March 17th, 2015, 05:22 PM
Can I join!? I think I have about 3-4 more inches before I reach BSL. I want it to be a solid BSL, not barely brushing. I'm still trimming my hair every 2 months or so to get rid of previous damage, so I feel like this is a nice goal for me. Hopefully I'll have good growth this summer and I'll reach it before! Patience. :agree:

butterflybutton
March 17th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Can I join!? I think I have about 3-4 more inches before I reach BSL. I want it to be a solid BSL, not barely brushing. I'm still trimming my hair every 2 months or so to get rid of previous damage, so I feel like this is a nice goal for me. Hopefully I'll have good growth this summer and I'll reach it before! Patience. :agree:

Absolutely! Welcome! You don't have too far to go either.

SouthernSweetie
March 18th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Absolutely! Welcome! You don't have too far to go either.

Thanks! I think I'll measure from my natural state tonight instead of straightened. I'm slightly wavy when I let it do what it wants, so I'm sure I'll lose a little length that way. We shall see! I got caffeine pills today and I'll start the rinses tomorrow!

ositarosita
March 18th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Weird question .. I don't wear a bra (free boobin) so I've been measuring BSL by the bottom of my shoulder blades - under my cleavage from the front. Is that about the right placement for a bra strap???

Eastbound&Down
March 19th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Weird question .. I don't wear a bra (free boobin) so I've been measuring BSL by the bottom of my shoulder blades - under my cleavage from the front. Is that about the right placement for a bra strap???

Yes, I would say that is pretty accurate for the top of the "bra strap", I think an inch below that would be the bottom...

SouthernSweetie
March 19th, 2015, 10:57 AM
I agree ^^^
So I'm doing a caffeine rinse as I type and my scalp is kinda tingly. I don't know how I feel about it. :uhh:

ositarosita
March 19th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Yes, I would say that is pretty accurate for the top of the "bra strap", I think an inch below that would be the bottom...

If I measure that way (1"below, bottom of bra strap) I am 5" away from BSL. I consider BSL to be middle/ bottom of the bra strap.

Eastbound&Down
March 19th, 2015, 12:51 PM
If I measure that way (1"below, bottom of bra strap) I am 5" away from BSL. I consider BSL to be middle/ bottom of the bra strap.

It's all in how you see it, call it when you're ready :)

diddiedaisy
March 25th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I've just reached bsl (top of) so I'm going to move to waist by Xmas thread. micro trimming plan out the window. Good luck everyone :)

Aleahcim
March 25th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Congrats diddiedaisy I hope you will be able to grow to waist by the end of the year! I'm sending you some good growth vibes, hopefully it help!

AZDesertRose
March 25th, 2015, 01:05 PM
May I join in? My hair just reached APL, but it grows fairly quickly, so I should be BSL by Christmas. I'm tall (5'8"/173cm), so BSL is further from APL on me than on someone shorter, but I think I might make it by Christmas. :D

Recent length photo is in my signature.

butterflybutton
March 25th, 2015, 03:24 PM

That's where my bra sits :D

I've just reached bsl (top of) so I'm going to move to waist by Xmas thread. micro trimming plan out the window. Good luck everyone :)

Congratulations diddiedaisy!

May I join in? My hair just reached APL, but it grows fairly quickly, so I should be BSL by Christmas. I'm tall (5'8"/173cm), so BSL is further from APL on me than on someone shorter, but I think I might make it by Christmas. :D

Welcome!

Aleahcim
March 25th, 2015, 03:32 PM

Recent length photo is in my signature.

Join! Hang out with us! :)

AZDesertRose
March 26th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Thank you! :D

Best wishes and happy growing to all! :)

Aleahcim
March 26th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Thank you! :D

Best wishes and happy growing to all! :)

I always thought that greeting sounded like it was a holiday greeting, which makes it even more appropriate for this thread! :D
Always makes me smile.

AZDesertRose
March 26th, 2015, 06:40 AM
I always thought that greeting sounded like it was a holiday greeting, which makes it even more appropriate for this thread! :D
Always makes me smile.

What, "best wishes?"

I say that a lot on message boards, and I tend to add "happy growing" around here. :)

I'm glad it makes you smile. :D

Aleahcim
March 26th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Just the combination of both! Makes it seem like everyone is cheerful. Quite lovely. :3

diddiedaisy
March 26th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Thankyou Aleahcim & Butterflybutton. Happy growing everyone :)

ositarosita
March 26th, 2015, 11:44 AM
It was wash day yesterday and it made me realize that I've solely been measuring from the FRONT. From the front to reach BSL is 5" from the back it's 2.5 " ...although I must admit it feels a lot shorter than that.

So I guess if I continue with the 5" I'll reach MBL by Christmas.

Eastbound&Down
March 26th, 2015, 12:15 PM
9 months until Christmas, which puts me at about 4.5" of growth. I only need 3" so I think I'll make it!

Stray_mind
March 29th, 2015, 03:55 AM
I'm definitely gonna make it. I believe i'll be at BSL in just a couple of months and since the distance between BSL and WL is rather small on my body, i think i might just reach waist by christmas. That would be so great!

ositarosita
March 29th, 2015, 10:52 AM
I'm definitely gonna make it. I believe i'll be at BSL in just a couple of months and since the distance between BSL and WL is rather small on my body, i think i might just reach waist by christmas. That would be so great!

Same, I have 2" until BSL, but WL is a little longer on me (I have along ribcage) so I'll make it MBL

butterflybutton
March 30th, 2015, 01:17 AM
As I brushed out my hair today it looked not like short hair, but the beginning of longer hair. I'm starting to look more like myself.

Wusel
March 30th, 2015, 01:41 AM
I'm almost APL and my hair grows very fast so I think there's a good chance for me to reach BSL around Christmas.

butterflybutton
March 30th, 2015, 03:54 AM
I'm almost APL and my hair grows very fast so I think there's a good chance for me to reach BSL around Christmas.

Welcome! :D

Wusel
March 30th, 2015, 05:58 AM
:) Thank you!:flowers:

butterflybutton
March 31st, 2015, 03:26 PM
How's everyone going?

I'm still on track to making bsl by Christmas, I have three inches to go stretched, and about 4-5" wurly.

ositarosita
March 31st, 2015, 03:57 PM
I have about 2-3"to go stretched and about 5-7" to go curly ( I have a lot of shrinkage)

epicrosie
March 31st, 2015, 04:04 PM
See I should make BSL well before Christmas but I could really do with a trim. Cant decide whether to go for it or to wait and see if I can get there and then maintain for a little bit to make up for it. I only decided to try and grow as a new years resolution so have no clue about how fast my hair actually grows

butterflybutton
April 2nd, 2015, 10:49 PM
See I should make BSL well before Christmas but I could really do with a trim. Cant decide whether to go for it or to wait and see if I can get there and then maintain for a little bit to make up for it. I only decided to try and grow as a new years resolution so have no clue about how fast my hair actually grows

You could just do s&d if your hair needs it, and wait it out. There is the no trimming 2015 thread which is great for motivation:)

LiiAme
April 3rd, 2015, 10:46 AM
I'd love to join in! I'm very almost APL so I'm really really hoping to hit BSL by this Christmas! :xmas:: pray:

butterflybutton
April 3rd, 2015, 03:43 PM
Yay! Welcome LiiAme!

moontree
April 3rd, 2015, 10:06 PM
As I brushed out my hair today it looked not like short hair, but the beginning of longer hair. I'm starting to look more like myself.

This is absolutely how I feel, it's nice recognizing me in the mirror again ^^

butterflybutton
April 8th, 2015, 08:07 PM
I'm feeling quite impatient with my hair today. I really am over the taper from layers, but I promised myself I wouldn't trim until I reach bsl.

I can't wait until I can braid my hair properly. Just eight and a half more months.

Estrid
April 9th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I measured today and I have about 13 cm left to the lower bra-strap. It was about 18 cm to go when I joined in here 3 months ago, so ~5 cm in 3 months and it is 8 months (and some weeks) left... Yeah, I should be able to make it there just on time ^_^ (keep repeating this to myself, haha)

ositarosita
April 9th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I just had DH measure for me and I am 1.5" away from top of bra strap but I don't consider that bra strap so I'm going to add on an additional 1" so that I reach the bottom of my bra strap. So that leaves me 2.5" away from solid BSL

butterflybutton
April 13th, 2015, 05:48 PM
I love seeing everyone progress closer to their goals ��

ositarosita
April 18th, 2015, 02:04 PM
I have 2 real bras now. So no more trying to figure out BSL with body markers, now however I do need to remeasure to make sure the original measurement (2.5") wasn't too far off.

noreenw
April 18th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Love seeing all y'all's lovely hair pics! I just officially conquered APL and according to my calculations BSL should be coming around November... so count me in on this thread!

Here's the picture I took today:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B77wEoYcT7TARk9aVmg4MHZuT3M4Y19jLU5fVlgybm9nS3lZ/view?usp=sharing

Aleahcim
April 18th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Today I my dad came to visit me (he lives almost 4 hours away so I had not been back for a few months) and he said my hair is starting to look long! I'm not quite bsl yet (only need an inch or so, I me sure every 3 months so ill find out exactly how much I'll need in 2 weeks! But it made me very happy!!

lapushka
April 18th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Love seeing all y'all's lovely hair pics! I just officially conquered APL and according to my calculations BSL should be coming around November... so count me in on this thread!

Here's the picture I took today:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B77wEoYcT7TARk9aVmg4MHZuT3M4Y19jLU5fVlgybm9nS3lZ/view?usp=sharing

You've got some pretty curls! :D

butterflybutton
April 21st, 2015, 03:34 AM
We have just about 8 months to go.

I need 4-5 inches to get there wavy, so still on track :) although it will be cutting it close.

butterflybutton
April 23rd, 2015, 01:23 AM
I had a little sneak peek at my length today, and I have two inches to be there stretched! Unfortunately still four wavy, so I grew an inch since the start of the month, but my wavy measurement hasn't changed.

I'm not going to be too disappointed if I'm not wavy bsl at Christmas as it will mean my hair is curlier, and that is a very good thing.

aurorae
April 23rd, 2015, 02:57 AM
Ni hao,hope i can join.i would really like to be at bra strap at the end of the year.im at that annoying point between APL and BSL.8 months to go so I'm giving myself a bit of a stretch.happy hair growing.

butterflybutton
April 23rd, 2015, 03:11 PM
Ni hao,hope i can join.i would really like to be at bra strap at the end of the year.im at that annoying point between APL and BSL.8 months to go so I'm giving myself a bit of a stretch.happy hair growing.

Welcome!!!! You could have about four inches growth between now and Christmas which is quite a long way into milestones:)

butterflybutton
May 5th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Did a clarifying shampoo and a deep treatment today, and now my hair feels lovely and soft. It was feeling very heavy and waxy so it's nice to have it all clean.

And as a bonus it's three inches to go!

Aleahcim
May 5th, 2015, 06:48 AM
butterflybutton I'm glad your happy with the results with your hair!

lapushka
May 5th, 2015, 07:55 AM
And as a bonus it's three inches to go!

I have 2/3 inches to go to classic. I'm also on a "by Christmas 2015" challenge. Good luck to you! :D

ositarosita
May 5th, 2015, 09:36 AM
I gave up on the measuring, DH thinks its funny to measure it properly then to change the length and body marker to bother me.

ositarosita
May 6th, 2015, 11:37 AM
I'm beginning to think DH lied to me when he told me I was 1.5" away from BSL, I caught a look at my hair in the TV today (first time it's been stretched and down in MONTHS) and with my waves my hair only appears to be APL when it's curly it's SL . So all things considered I really have no idea how long it will take me to reach FULL BSL when wavy, I dont even want to think about how long it will take when it's curly. 7 months is not a lot of time, have to admit though I LOVE my hemline.

hidetheice
May 6th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Does this (where my thumbs are) look like BSL? If so, do you think I'd be able to make it there by Christmas??

http://i.imgur.com/CUxsC4Pm.jpg?1

ositarosita
May 6th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Does this (where my thumbs are) look like BSL? If so, do you think I'd be able to make it there by Christmas??

IMO that looks more like MBL (mid back length), BSL is where your bra strap would be which is right under your chest.. to me BSL for you would maybe be another 2-3", if you're not there already

lapushka
May 6th, 2015, 12:27 PM

I think it's MBL as well. BSL is up a little higher. I guess you'll get there by Christmas, yes!

SouthernSweetie
May 7th, 2015, 02:57 PM
So I took a length picture today and scrutinized it carefully, seems I only have about 1.5 inches until I hit the top of my bra strap, and then about another inch to the bottom of the strap which is where I plan on calling it. The thing is, my hemline isn't even at all, as I have some ends that could stand to grow about an extra inch before they are called BSL. I can't decide whether I should trim and keep my hemline even, or just wait to call it when I am "all the way" there. Ughhh. Decisions, decisions. :scissors:

Yoghurt
May 7th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I'm joining this thread. I'm currently at 59,5 cm (stretched) and if DH measured correctly (which he probably did after he had to do it about 7 times in a row - oops?) i have 2,5 cm to go to reach the bottom of my bra strap.

ositarosita
May 7th, 2015, 03:28 PM
So I took a length picture today and scrutinized it carefully, seems I only have about 1.5 inches until I hit the top of my bra strap, and then about another inch to the bottom of the strap which is where I plan on calling it. The thing is, my hemline isn't even at all, as I have some ends that could stand to grow about an extra inch before they are called BSL. I can't decide whether I should trim and keep my hemline even, or just wait to call it when I am "all the way" there. Ughhh. Decisions, decisions. :scissors:

Wait.. not just until you've hit solid bra strap but 1"past.. then you still maintain your milestone and you have your perfect hemline

SnottyDotty
May 7th, 2015, 04:04 PM
My hair is BSL stretched :happydance:
Another 3-4 months and I should be able to call it.

SouthernSweetie
May 7th, 2015, 04:46 PM
ositarosita So, your suggestion is to wait until I'm one inch past and then trim to right at BSL?

SnottyDotty: Congrats! So happy for you!

ositarosita
May 7th, 2015, 10:20 PM
ositarosita So, your suggestion is to wait until I'm one inch past and then trim to right at BSL?

SnottyDotty: Congrats! So happy for you!

That's what I've been doing. I trimmed once when I got to CLB then again at APL and my next wont be until BSL, then WL etc. Keeps me at solid milestones and I have a fresh ends until I reach my next milestone.

pili
May 9th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I'll join in, though I am not sure if I will make it. My sig pic shows my current length dry. Stretched it is already at BSL. Im hoping the weight will start stretching the curl soon.

SouthernSweetie
May 12th, 2015, 05:00 AM
That's what I've been doing. I trimmed once when I got to CLB then again at APL and my next wont be until BSL, then WL etc. Keeps me at solid milestones and I have a fresh ends until I reach my next milestone.

Hmmm. Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the input!

Yoghurt
May 13th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Measured again today and the hair growth chart says should be at BSL in exactly 2 months.:joy::joy: But i am measuring it stretched. For the solid non-stretched BSL i'll have to wait a bit longer... But it's finally growing and getting longer and that's all that matters!

SouthernSweetie
May 13th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Yoghurt: YAYYYYYY! So happy for you! Your hair will be at BSL before you know it!

ositarosita
May 24th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I hit top the top of BSL.

butterflybutton
May 24th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Congrats ositarosita! That is so exciting!

ositarosita
May 24th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Congrats ositarosita! That is so exciting!

Thank you, I'm hoping to reach solid BSL by the end of next month.

butterflybutton
May 25th, 2015, 09:24 PM
7 months to go! Closing in on the halfway mark!

Estrid
May 26th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Nice to see that so many are getting close to BSL! ^_^

I have 10 cm left, so since 6th january my hair has grown 8 cm (if I measured well at that time), which means ~8 cm in 4 2/3 months. Might reach BSL a week or so before christmas :) (yes, I like counting like this)

Will see how accurate that is!

butterflybutton
June 1st, 2015, 01:26 AM
I like doing the hair maths too Estrid!

Well today was measuring day, one inch to go stretched! Yay! But four to go wavey, at least that means it's gaining back some of the curly-ness.

I doubt I'll make wavey bsl by Christmas, but I'll be well past stretched. At least 2 1/2" past, although if my hair keeps up with this growth spurt I'll be thrilled!

ositarosita
June 1st, 2015, 11:15 AM
1" until solid BSL, when stretched or flat ironed. When my hair is in it's natural state it only reaches APL so by the time I reach WL I should be at BSL when curly (I lose 4-6" due to shrinkage)

pili
June 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM
1" until solid BSL, when stretched or flat ironed. When my hair is in it's natural state it only reaches APL so by the time I reach WL I should be at BSL when curly (I lose 4-6" due to shrinkage)

That's where I am. I am at MBL when stretched, but only APL when curly

Alien Girl
June 1st, 2015, 12:19 PM
I think I'll make it :D !
I'm almost APL and there's still half a year to go!

lapushka
June 1st, 2015, 01:58 PM

Sorry to burst the bubble but that might be a little optimistic. 6 months is 3 inches of growth or thereabouts. Does it really only take you 3 inches between APL & BSL?

momschicklets
June 1st, 2015, 03:59 PM

Oh if only!! :knit::knit: I think at least 9 months to about a year from APL to BSL is pretty standard. I reached APL in April and don't expect BSL until the end of December if I'm lucky! :pray: I hope you make it though! :blossom:

butterflybutton
June 1st, 2015, 11:40 PM

Or at least you will be much closer by Christmas! 😍

diddiedaisy
June 2nd, 2015, 03:50 AM
Sorry to burst the bubble but that might be a little optimistic. 6 months is 3 inches of growth or thereabouts. Does it really only take you 3 inches between APL & BSL?

I only have 3 inches to bsl from apl. Sometimes there are benefits to being a shorty ;)

I suppose it also depends where you call it. I call at the top of bsl as it is at the bottom if my shoulder blade. Plus my bra straps are only an inch wide, so to the bottom is only 4.

zirena
June 2nd, 2015, 08:42 AM
I'm closer to BSL than APL now so I'm well on my way! Aiming for BSL by October and if not then Christmas!

lapushka
June 2nd, 2015, 08:58 AM
I only have 3 inches to bsl from apl. Sometimes there are benefits to being a shorty ;)

I suppose it also depends where you call it. I call at the top of bsl as it is at the bottom if my shoulder blade. Plus my bra straps are only an inch wide, so to the bottom is only 4.

Oh, okay. :D :flower:

Yoghurt
June 3rd, 2015, 09:52 AM
I have 1,5 cm or 0,6 inch to go (stretched). My chart says i'll be there in a month and 13 days. Aww yisss slowly getting there.:eyebrows:

butterflybutton
June 3rd, 2015, 06:08 PM
That's wonderful Yoghurt!

ositarosita
June 7th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I've reached solid BSL when wet

butterflybutton
June 7th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Woo Whoo! Way to go ositarosita!

ositarosita
June 7th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Thank you butterflybutton , I should be there by the end of this month or next month. (it will take me another year to get there with my hair in it's natural state)

Yoghurt
June 9th, 2015, 08:52 AM
ositarosita pictures or it didn't happen! :wigtongue
Congrats!

ositarosita
June 10th, 2015, 01:27 PM
ositarosita pictures or it didn't happen! :wigtongue
Congrats!

Thank you soooo much, I'm almost there so it's starting to feel like it's taking forever

butterflybutton
June 10th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Here is my June comparision.

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/butterflybuttons/Hair%20growth%202015/th_5e61a014d5b4a2c78dc1026cb2c8693f_zps9fffyf0m.jp g (http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/butterflybuttons/Hair%20growth%202015/?action=view&current=5e61a014d5b4a2c78dc1026cb2c8693f_zps9fffyf 0m.jpg)
Stretched and wavey-ish just let out of a bun, so not quite as wavey as it normally would be

ositarosita
June 10th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Here is my June comparision.

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/butterflybuttons/Hair%20growth%202015/th_5e61a014d5b4a2c78dc1026cb2c8693f_zps9fffyf0m.jp g (http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k393/butterflybuttons/Hair%20growth%202015/?action=view¤t=5e61a014d5b4a2c78dc1026cb2c8693f_zp s9fffyf0m.jpg)
Stretched and wavey-ish just let out of a bun, so not quite as wavey as it normally would be

You are doing awesome butterflybutton :), you're so close you can almost taste it.

butterflybutton
June 11th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Thank you ositarosita!

Aleahcim
June 11th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Butterflybutton your hair looks so neat! great colour.

I think Im about an inch away from bsl. hurry hurry hurry!!

Breezy
June 11th, 2015, 06:56 PM
I'm in too. I recently posted how this hairstylist over thinned my hair and cut off too much. I currently am at apl with too many layers and thin ends. This has been a big setback for me, I've been depressed about it. I should reach bsl by December I hope.

littleghost
June 12th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Here's to hoping. My hair definitely is beyond apl now.

Wusel
June 12th, 2015, 02:30 AM
I have 9 cm left to BSL. Since I've managed to measure exactly I know that my hair grows 1,55 cm per month, so, I think BSL for Christmas is realistic for me. And it's spring so I hope it'll grow even a bit faster in summer... :) BSL and a longer braid or bigger bun for New Year's Eve sounds wonderful! :)

ositarosita
June 15th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I made a decision, because I know I will reach BSL ( when stretched) by the end of this month or middle of next month I'm going to change my goal for Christmas 2015. My goal is to reach a full side braid (no french braiding, no lace braid) just a standard english side braid and not have any layers fall out :).

****I'm going to claim whatever length I'm at come December 31st 2015 after my 1-2" trim.

butterflybutton
June 15th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Butterflybutton your hair looks so neat! great colour.

I think Im about an inch away from bsl. hurry hurry hurry!!

Ooh, your so close to bsl!

I'm in too. I recently posted how this hairstylist over thinned my hair and cut off too much. I currently am at apl with too many layers and thin ends. This has been a big setback for me, I've been depressed about it. I should reach bsl by December I hope.

Welcome!

Here's to hoping. My hair definitely is beyond apl now.

Yay, your going so well.

I have 9 cm left to BSL. Since I've managed to measure exactly I know that my hair grows 1,55 cm per month, so, I think BSL for Christmas is realistic for me. And it's spring so I hope it'll grow even a bit faster in summer... :) BSL and a longer braid or bigger bun for New Year's Eve sounds wonderful! :)

That's great news ��

I made a decision, because I know I will reach BSL ( when stretched) by the end of this month or middle of next month I'm going to change my goal for Christmas 2015. My goal is to reach a full side braid (no french braiding, no lace braid) just a standard english side braid and not have any layers fall out :).

****I'm going to claim whatever length I'm at come December 31st 2015 after my 1-2" trim.

Woo hoo! That's a great goal.

whiteisle
June 15th, 2015, 05:23 PM
I'm in. I've got about 5 inches to go. I've been trying for this goal for yeeeears but always give up around apl. Not this year. I'm going to hang in there dang it! ....and then I may start thinking about waist. ;) Here's a current pic.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii290/wcanderson/Mobile%20Uploads/3179baf4-69ca-46bf-9adb-1d1aae0803b8_zpsrmsrddr5.jpg (http://s267.photobucket.com/user/wcanderson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3179baf4-69ca-46bf-9adb-1d1aae0803b8_zpsrmsrddr5.jpg.html)

SouthernSweetie
June 15th, 2015, 07:14 PM
I'm in. I've got about 5 inches to go. I've been trying for this goal for yeeeears but always give up around apl. Not this year. I'm going to hang in there dang it! ....and then I may start thinking about waist. ;) Here's a current pic.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii290/wcanderson/Mobile%20Uploads/3179baf4-69ca-46bf-9adb-1d1aae0803b8_zpsrmsrddr5.jpg (http://s267.photobucket.com/user/wcanderson/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3179baf4-69ca-46bf-9adb-1d1aae0803b8_zpsrmsrddr5.jpg.html)

Oh my goodness! Your hair is so thick and pretttyyy! You can do it. Hang in there with the rest of us and you won't regret it!

whiteisle
June 15th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Awww...thanks SouthernSweetie! :flower:

SouthernSweetie
June 15th, 2015, 08:27 PM
You're very welcome! :flowers:

Wusel
June 16th, 2015, 01:46 AM

SAME HERE!!! GOOD IDEA!!! I hate my strand ends stick out and the ones from the opposite side fall out of my side braid. And I love side braids! :)

I have around 9 cm to BSL but my torso is very short, so there's not a long way from APL to BSL and BSL to WL.

floraflowerpowe
June 16th, 2015, 02:09 AM
I'm at APL right now and there's 10 cm/almost 4 inch to go to BSL, so maybe (hopefully!) I'll reach it as well around december or januari :D.

Wusel
June 16th, 2015, 02:43 AM
I'm at APL right now and there's 10 cm/almost 4 inch to go to BSL, so maybe (hopefully!) I'll reach it as well around december or januari :D.

I don't think it's unrealistic. You'll get there :)

noteve
June 16th, 2015, 06:45 AM
I'm joining this thread! I'm right past APL.

ositarosita
June 16th, 2015, 10:19 AM
SAME HERE!!! GOOD IDEA!!! I hate my strand ends stick out and the ones from the opposite side fall out of my side braid. And I love side braids! :)

I have around 9 cm to BSL but my torso is very short, so there's not a long way from APL to BSL and BSL to WL.

I think it's going to be easier than focusing on growth. Instead of constantly measuring just braid it up everyday and every month fewer and fewer little layered pieces will fall out. Then before you know it, it's December all the layers are in your braid and you've reached your length goal :)

CoveredByLove
June 17th, 2015, 07:59 AM
For the last 2 years I've been hovering around BSL due to past damage. FINALLY I feel like I've made it out of the woods. :lol: I'm in the non-trimmer camp, so hope to reach new lengths fairly quickly despite my curliness/shrinkage factor. :sigh: I want to go by how long my hair *looks*, but I get impatient too. :p I have a t-shirt with lines drawn one inch apart on the back of it. I have them numbered 1-23. #1 is Shoulder, #23 is Classic. :) I'm at #5 now dry/styled, which is APL. #7 is BSL which I hope to achieve by Christmas or New Years. I don't put it on often because its discouraging as a curly to see the growth *appear* so slow, even though my growth rate is technically pretty fast. Also, my hair shrinks more some days than others, so that makes it pretty inaccurate. lol I put it on every 2-3 months just to see where I'm at. I felt so encouraged yesterday when I put it on and saw that I skipped over one whole line entirely! I proudly wrote the date next to line #5. :D Yay for summer growth spurts! :cheer:

butterflybutton
June 17th, 2015, 03:59 PM
That's great CoveredByLove! You'll be at bsl in no time!

SnottyDotty
June 17th, 2015, 07:12 PM
BSL is within reach, I'm so excited :D

I've reached BSL stretched and will reach it unstretched in another 1/2" to 1" (depending on how my waves are sitting) and as long as my current growth rate keeps up it should only be another month or two.

Then I've just got to decide whether to maintain there until the end of the year or start making my way to waist :)

butterflybutton
June 18th, 2015, 01:10 AM
That's so exciting snottydotty!

I'm trying to make the same decision for next year too, I'm leaning towards just getting to waist maybe.

SouthernSweetie
June 24th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Just bought this today, and I'm trying so hard to wait patiently for it to get here! I'm beginning to actually need a pretty hair toy that I can feel good wearing at this length. The longer it gets the more I'll aquire, I'm sure.
What do you think?https://img1.etsystatic.com/060/0/7385235/il_570xN.756678255_5roz.jpg

LaBeq
June 24th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Just bought this today, and I'm trying so hard to wait patiently for it to get here! I'm beginning to actually need a pretty hair toy that I can feel good wearing at this length. The longer it gets the more I'll aquire, I'm sure.
What do you think?

Wow, I love that! Where are you getting it from?

butterflybutton
June 24th, 2015, 04:13 PM
What do you think?https://img1.etsystatic.com/060/0/7385235/il_570xN.756678255_5roz.jpg

That's gorgeous! It will look lovely in your hair.

Alien Girl
June 24th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Checking in. I'm pretty much almost at APL, and need maybe 4-5 more inches for BSL. I think I'll make it :D

butterflybutton
June 24th, 2015, 07:18 PM
That's great Alien Girl!

SouthernSweetie
June 25th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Wow, I love that! Where are you getting it from?
I love it too! This is the very first thing I've ever bought off of Etsy! The seller is: Srisedana.

That's gorgeous! It will look lovely in your hair.
Awe. Thanks!

butterflybutton
July 5th, 2015, 10:49 PM
My growth rate slowed back down this month :( :p I'm so glad I did have a growth spurt though.

I'm thinking it was because I was eating well drinking lots of water and having protein shakes. This last month I've been terrible again and my growth slowed down again ( plus the extra 2kg I gained wasn't good either)

Just half an inch to stretched bsl, so close but so far with the extra three inches needed to actually have my longest layers look there.

Stray_mind
July 8th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Ah, i forgot about this thread, lol :D I already passed BSL.. My next goal is WL.. I should reach it in early spring next year if i'll get my trim next month... ^^
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album058/SAM_5885_zps9a8o8vfb.jpg

ositarosita
July 8th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I'm still here, just trimmed .5" and feel so much better for doing it.

ositarosita
July 8th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Ah, i forgot about this thread, lol :D I already passed BSL.. My next goal is WL.. I should reach it in early spring next year if i'll get my trim next month... ^^
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/angel_corpse_album058/SAM_5885_zps9a8o8vfb.jpg

Such beautiful hair :) congratulations on your current milestones, looks like you're MBL.

butterflybutton
July 10th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Congrats stray_mind! Your hair looks beautiful.

jazzimat
July 11th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Hi, I'm new here, reading most of the posts here and hoping my hair would be BSL by Christmas too. Right now I'm about 22.5". I need to get to 27", to be at the bottom of my bra strap. Think I'll make it? I'm doing Monistat 4%, Mega Tek on days not doing Monistat, massaging, and 10,000 mcg's of biotin, lol! Am I just being hopeful?

Aderyn
July 11th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Bition supplements won't give you any results, unless you were actually deficient in biotin prior to taking it. They can, however, cause many issues: Read here. (http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.com/p/infamous-biotin-rant.html)

4.5 inches is a lot in 6 months, it just depends on your growth rate!

butterflybutton
July 11th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Hi, I'm new here, reading most of the posts here and hoping my hair would be BSL by Christmas too. Right now I'm about 22.5". I need to get to 27", to be at the bottom of my bra strap. Think I'll make it? I'm doing Monistat 4%, Mega Tek on days not doing Monistat, massaging, and 10,000 mcg's of biotin, lol! Am I just being hopeful?

Welcome to the lhc! And welcome to this thread :)

We have just a little over five months to go, I guess it all depends on your growth rate. If you are one of those lucky people with an average of one inch a month growth, then yes it would be possible. But the average is around half an inch a month.

jazzimat
July 11th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks! I'm just being wishful, I know.:) I'll take whatever grows out of my head.

Wusel
July 12th, 2015, 02:31 AM
double post, sorry.

Wusel
July 12th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Bition supplements won't give you any results, unless you were actually deficient in biotin prior to taking it. They can, however, cause many issues: Read here. (http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.com/p/infamous-biotin-rant.html)

4.5 inches is a lot in 6 months, it just depends on your growth rate!

When you take Biotin it's important to reduce your carbohydrate/sugar intake to under 100 grams per day. Taking Biotin on a Low Carb High Fat/High Protein diet is okay, not on a regular diet.
I've reduced my carbohydrate intake to 50-70 grams per day when I started taking Biotin to lower my blood sugar as much as possible and not need so much insulin release. And I take B-Vitamins and Vitamin C with it and eat berries to increase my Vitamin C intake. I don't recommend to take Biotin on a regular diet with 200 grams of carbs per day. Because then it can be really damaging to the body. This blog post is absolutely right!

Stray_mind
July 12th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Ositarosita, Butterflybutton, Thank you. I am at MBL. I changed my milestone in the sig. :)

ositarosita
July 12th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Removed comment for sake of not starting an argument over low carb diets and biotin

Beatrixity
July 12th, 2015, 05:57 PM
I'm at 20.5, BSL is 23ish. I grow .5 per month. I really hope to be at BSL by Christmas! https://www.flickr.com/gp/133753473@N03/7Wr6u4

butterflybutton
July 12th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Thanks! I'm just being wishful, I know.:) I'll take whatever grows out of my head.

Your more then welcome to stay in here with us, and if anything you will be much closer to bsl by Christmas!

Ositarosita, Butterflybutton, Thank you. I am at MBL. I changed my milestone in the sig. :)

Woo hoo! It's an awesome feeling to change your sig.

I'm at 20.5, BSL is 23ish. I grow .5 per month. I really hope to be at BSL by Christmas! https://www.flickr.com/gp/133753473@N03/7Wr6u4

Sounds like you are right on track! Yay!

Eastbound&Down
July 13th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Well I went to the salon... I'm pleased with how it came out. I got face face framing layers, some long layers throughout and she only took off about an inch of the overall length. I still think I can make bsl by the end of the year and I don't feel like I'm walking around with a shapeless mop on my head. :) I was very nervous but I was very upfront with what I wanted and she was very good.

SouthernSweetie
July 13th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Well I went to the salon... I'm pleased with how it came out. I got face face framing layers, some long layers throughout and she only took off about an inch of the overall length. I still think I can make bsl by the end of the year and I don't feel like I'm walking around with a shapeless mop on my head. :) I was very nervous but I was very upfront with what I wanted and she was very good.

I'm so glad you had a successful salon trip. It takes a very blunt, and straight forward approach to end up with what you really want in the end. There are many good stylists out there, and its nice to see someone happy with what they received!

butterflybutton
July 13th, 2015, 05:51 PM

I'm so pleased for you that your happy with your salon visit! It helps the growing process when you are enjoying how your hair looks.

Eastbound&Down
July 13th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Yeah, my last salon visit was pretty tramatizing, I'll have to take a picture when I get home and find my measuring shirt

gyhaslan
July 15th, 2015, 08:13 AM
My very layered hair ranges from shoulder length to almost BSL. Measuring to my longest strands, current length is 29", BSL for me is 30" so I should be there well before Christmas. Fingers crossed!
After the new year, I plan to microtrim so I might be hovering there for a bit.

butterflybutton
July 15th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Welcome gyhaslan!

Eastbound&Down
July 15th, 2015, 08:43 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18103&d=1436984599

butterflybutton
July 16th, 2015, 03:15 AM
Getting close eastbound&down!

Aderyn
July 16th, 2015, 04:16 AM
I think you're so going to get there by Christmas, eastbound&down! Don't mind the preemptive celebration cheese :cheese:

Eastbound&Down
July 16th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys! Everyone's hair is looking so good!

diddiedaisy
July 16th, 2015, 10:42 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18103&d=1436984599

Same length as me, I think I'll get there in November fingers crossed.

Estrid
July 19th, 2015, 11:22 AM
7 cm left...

Feels like it is going really slow, but I think that might be because I have a harder time seeing the progress now than before

Aderyn
July 19th, 2015, 11:43 AM
7cm? You should definitely be there by Christmas! Good luck growing! :flower:

Going from 10 to 11 cm is much more noticeable than 60 to 61 cm or whatever lengths you may be at. :)

Estrid
July 19th, 2015, 01:08 PM
7cm? You should definitely be there by Christmas! Good luck growing! :flower:

Going from 10 to 11 cm is much more noticeable than 60 to 61 cm or whatever lengths you may be at. :)

Yeah, I realize that (about the lengths) :) Thank you!

I'm not sure if I should be counting bsl from the lower part of the bra strap since I got a high waist, but I think I should manage to reach bsl by christmas either way.

butterflybutton
July 19th, 2015, 06:44 PM
7 cm left...

Feels like it is going really slow, but I think that might be because I have a harder time seeing the progress now than before

Ooh! You should be there for Christmas! I feel like my hair looks the same now as it did at the start of the year too, but I guess it's because we look at it everyday.

Estrid
July 19th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Ooh! You should be there for Christmas! I feel like my hair looks the same now as it did at the start of the year too, but I guess it's because we look at it everyday.

I think I will, I certainly hope I will :) the only difference I've noticed lately with my hair is that it is less poofy and my hair was more like one unit before, now it is separating into smaller parts of hair. It made me think that I had lost hair but I measured and no, I'm still at 9 cm. Guess this happens with length.....or it is something with the conditioner.

moontree
July 20th, 2015, 10:27 PM
I found my best fitting bra earlier this week and it looks like I am closer than I thought! I promise I didn't just pick the highest "measuring bra" hehe.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/Keyake/febb5ebc-1445-43d8-b78f-26e00851493c_zpspz4slg3s.jpg

Looks like my hair will touch the top of the bra in another month. So I might even hit BSL by October!

I might have a trim once I hit it so that I can move to waist (which is where the skirt is in the photo) with a fresh hemline. So if I reach BSL before christmas I will probably maintain there until christmas :)

butterflybutton
July 21st, 2015, 10:54 PM
I found my best fitting bra earlier this week and it looks like I am closer than I thought! I promise I didn't just pick the highest "measuring bra" hehe.

Your hair is looking gorgeous moontree! And so close! I have to ask though, are you looking down in the photo? It kind of looks as though you are, if that's the case you are probably closer still to bsl.

moontree
July 23rd, 2015, 06:41 AM
Thank you butterflybutton! I was really gratified to see how close I've gotten. I'll have to wait for my monthly length photo but I'm guessing I had a little growth spurt. As for looking down, well, it took me ten tries to get a photo where A. my hair was in focus B. I was in the picture at all and C. my hair wasn't blocking the photo of my hair... most of all C...which is why it's all smoothed down as close to the center as possible, otherwise the sides invade all my photos! So yeah, I'm probably looking down a bit. I just don't want to be the one tipping my head back and saying oh look! BSL already... :D

Kome
July 23rd, 2015, 10:52 AM
Ugh. My hair is at 16 inches and BSL for me is about 25 inches. I just measured. Guess I am a lot farther away than I thought. Hoping to hit it by next summer since that is my first big goal. I'm not sure I'm measuring correctly though. My hair is too short to measure behind, so I did it from the middle of my head and to the side, and then from the front of my head to the back for BSL. If i do it from the middle for BSL it's 21 inches about. *confused* Eyeballing it looks more like 5 inches though and not 10ish inches. Either way, unless I grow an inch a month I won't hit BSL until next summer. *sadface* I will keep updating though and will post here if I get lucky and have a growth spurt. LOL. I wish.

Here is a picture from the back. What do you think?

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_5963_zpsrxofu0uw.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_5963_zpsrxofu0uw.jpg.html)

moontree
July 24th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Hi Kome! I can't really tell where your bra is from that photo, but I love your hair color. A way I have found to measure how far I have left is to just measure from the bottom of my hair to where my bra is - it's easier for me than trying to measure my hair, which has a wide margin of error due to its texture. Taking regular length shots really helps me too, it's easier for me to track my monthly growth that way than to try measuring with a tape, which my hair does *not* cooperate with :)

butterflybutton
July 25th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Well you will be closer to bsl by the end of the year Kome :D your welcome to ride out the wait with us!

butterflybutton
July 28th, 2015, 07:11 PM
I'm at bsl stretched! Still got around three to go curly. Feels like it hasn't moved in months when it's curly. I hope it will get there for Christmas.

iYaap
August 2nd, 2015, 09:28 AM
I'm a guy, don't exactly know where my bra strap would be but I'm beginning to feel hair over there somewhere.

Was curious if I could join based on this picture:

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s428/Yaapy/iYaap%20tlhc.jpg