PDA

View Full Version : What kinds of hair treatments do you recommend?

M.McDonough
January 5th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Hello guys..I was just wondering what kinds of remedies you use.
For me personally, I don't have a complicated treatment rituals I just shower using a shampoo and a hair conditioner. Please share your thoughts if you think there are some products that worth trying, you know like softeners or oils, let me now!

Peace

Bella-donna
January 5th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Personally I do a warm coconut oil treatment every week. I warm up the coconut oil in a pan, massage it into my scalp and apply to the entire length of my hair, and keep it on over night or for 3 hours, then wash it out. It does wonders! I usually follow with an Apple-cider vinegar rinse after my hair is dry, I fill a spray bottle half with ACV and half water, then spray with a spray bottle until my hair is completely wet again, leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse it out with cold water (to help seal the cuticles). I like to experiment, yesterday when I did my coconut oil treatment I added shea butter- I had great results!

RachelRose
January 5th, 2015, 11:41 AM
I like the loreal mega moisture that has been recommended on here and mineral aka baby oil for myself

Madora
January 5th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I've never had any treatments..except for the 3 times that I visited the GM salon in NYC. There I had the full treatment, which was fantastic. Except for 5 drops of mineral oil to condition/detangle after shampooing, I only brush my hair daily with a boar bristle brush to keep it looking good.

Nadine <3
January 5th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Coconut oil, olive oil, SMT's and gelatin treatments are my favorites.

jacqueline101
January 5th, 2015, 01:36 PM
I use Pantene shine serum with argan oil on damp hair then Pantene nature fusion leave in. I braid after it's almost dried then I put it in my hair bag. I use lotta body to set my braid.

clioariane
January 6th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Coconut oil overnight if my hair is very dry, or Aveda Dry Remedy Masque instead of my regular conditioner once a week and Kérastase Elixir Ultime after washing :)

betterhairday
January 14th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Hello guys..I was just wondering what kinds of remedies you use.
For me personally, I don't have a complicated treatment rituals I just shower using a shampoo and a hair conditioner. Please share your thoughts if you think there are some products that worth trying, you know like softeners or oils, let me now!
Peace

Mine is not complicated either. I use Pro Naturals Hair Repair System one week in every six. Simple and good for my hair.

lapushka
January 14th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Maybe try with experimenting a bit (CWC, WCC, all of that). There's lots of info to be found on this board all over. ;)

charliefarlie
January 14th, 2015, 09:24 AM
I also recommend coconut oil, it's reversed years of damage in the short few weeks I've been doing the treatments. It's also really easy to apply and smells wonderful! I have also just started mixing the coconut oil with castor oil and my hair has never felt healthier! :o

JellyBene
January 21st, 2015, 12:29 PM
My favorites are, shea butter, coconut oil and the SMT treatment :)

yahirwaO.o
January 21st, 2015, 03:28 PM
Egg hair wash either mixed with honey or yogurt and vinegar rinse or lemon to get smell out.

Thats all I do it sumps up conditioner and deep treatments with washing properties. :disco::disco::disco:

Sharysa
January 21st, 2015, 03:42 PM
Every month after I trim my hair, I just do a pre-shower oiling with my usual almond oil. I dampen my hair, comb oil through it, and wait about half an hour before my shower. It helps refresh my ends and it's ridiculously easy to comb and style the next day.

M.McDonough
January 21st, 2015, 09:10 PM
Every month after I trim my hair, I just do a pre-shower oiling with my usual almond oil. I dampen my hair, comb oil through it, and wait about half an hour before my shower. It helps refresh my ends and it's ridiculously easy to comb and style the next day.

Sounds great :)! but be aware of combing out your hair when it's wet or damp. I've heard that that causes hair loss